If you could take one back

well cunts,  

319 members have voted

1. 1. which player would you bring back?

• Alan Hutton
    • Barry Ferguson
    • Charlie Adam
    • Carlos Cuellar
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Kris Boyd
    • Kenny Miller
    • Seeeeebooooooooo.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has to be Hutton.

He's a truly world-class player who is head and shoulders above the Cuellars, Adams and Artetas.

He's stood out against top-notch opposition repeatedly, whereas the others, at best, have played very, very well at that level occasionally.

Cuellar's had his moments of clumsiness and poor judgement, whilst Arteta and Adam can easily fade out of a match.

I guess Cuellar is the more practical choice given we're short of centre-backs, whilst already having Whittaker, but he can easily switch to the left.

Why would any of these players take a wage cut down to poss £20k a week?

David White has been talking money , but if Coisty is promised an initial £5m,how does he split it?

He could spend £2m on a player and £20k a week wages for 3 years = app.£5.12m .

Or, a player on a bosman @ £30k a week for 3 years = app.£4.68m .

Sorry Bears,I meant Craig Whyte,,,,thinking of an old player.

SO NOBODY HEARD OF DAVID WHITE FFS Get to know the Gers history.

David White has been talking money , but if Coisty is promised an initial £5m,how does he split it?

read the fucking post, hypothetical FFS. doh

It has to be Hutton.

He's a truly world-class player who is head and shoulders above the Cuellars, Adams and Artetas.

He's stood out against top-notch opposition repeatedly, whereas the others, at best, have played very, very well at that level occasionally.

Cuellar's had his moments of clumsiness and poor judgement, whilst Arteta and Adam can easily fade out of a match.

I guess Cuellar is the more practical choice given we're short of centre-backs, whilst already having Whittaker, but he can easily switch to the left.

Is he fuck! doh

Who is David white? ;)

Oh, my!

What an excellently erudite and logically constructed post.

If anything, you've just strengthened the case for him, by offering nothing decent in the way of counter-evidence.

As Proved wrong by Del, I took post down....about A.Hutton being world class.

It's cause it's so easy to see he ain't world class, barely made it at tottenham and got shipped out to sunderland...who never wanted to keep him or try buy him.

Back to spurs and we will see how many cames he plays next season.

But if he is 'world class' why aren't Barcelona, Madrid Milan Inter Man United Chelsea Bayern Munich All after him?

Most of this post is rubbish tbh...

Sunderland did try and buy Hutton but they couldnt meet Spurs asking price...

He also came back from being on loan and has played in over 25+ games this season for Spurs...not bad for someone who has "barely made it".

And by your logic if hes world class then other teams should all be after him? If thats true then why arent teams after Messi, Rooney, Xavi etc...

Most of this post is rubbish tbh...

Sunderland did try and buy Hutton but they couldnt meet Spurs asking price...

He also came back from being on loan and has played in over 25+ games this season for Spurs...not bad for someone who has "barely made it".

And by your logic if hes world class then other teams should all be after him? If thats true then why arent teams after Messi, Rooney, Xavi etc...

Fair do's if most of it is shite, I say sorry to yourself and Oleg.

But Alan Hutton Is not World Class....Messi Rooney Xavi all are as you already know.

Answer me this do you think Hutton Is World Class?

But Alan Hutton Is not World Class....Messi Rooney Xavi all are as you already know.

Nah i dont think he is or ever will be, but he wasnt far away...a couple of years ago just before he joined Spurs he was amazing. Against Lyon, France, Italy and then his one of his 1st games against Ronaldo and Hutton shat all over him.

Nah i dont think he is or ever will be, but he wasnt far away...a couple of years ago just before he joined Spurs he was amazing. Against Lyon, France, Italy and then his one of his 1st games against Ronaldo and Hutton shat all over him.

Agreed (tu)

Like most players who attain that level, at his best he is.

Look how poor Rooney has been at the start of this season. Kaka and Ronaldinho also had their dips, as did Zidane.

Hutton, at his best, is as good a right back as I've seen anywhere. Therefore, not being able to put someone in his position as clearly and consistently much better, I stand by my assessment.

Like most players who attain that level, at his best he is.

Look how poor Rooney has been at the start of this season. Kaka and Ronaldinho also had their dips, as did Zidane.

Hutton, at his best, is as good a right back as I've seen anywhere. Therefore, not being able to put someone in his position as clearly and consistently much better, I stand by my assessment.

Well we will agree to disagree,

For you Hutton is World Class.

For me He ain't near it.