Torsten Frings

Broxi

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's in the rumour section of the Scotsman. Certainly gathering pace.

Also from The Scotsman:

Celtic tried to sign former St Johnstone defender Michael Duberry in January, according to his new manager. The 35-year-old has quit Perth to sign a two-year deal with Oxford United. (Daily Record)

:lol:

"So his nickname is lolipop, I was expecting something much worse, like Dildo or something. It's not as cool as the hammer, but it's far from the worst nickname"

Please call him Lollipop :) 'Lutscher' means Lollipop, but also 'Sucker'.... which is the main reason for his nickname.

He got the nickname when he came to Bremen as a young player who tried to prove himself and didnt show any fear at all vs the established big names in the team. Also a little bit of a loud mouth since he called his new teammates "Lutscher!" in his first practise sessions - when he tackled them or got tackled. One of our big guys at that time (Andreas Herzog) then started to call him Lutscher from this day on. And it stuck.

A farewell + mentioning of the story by Herzog: http://www.11freunde.de/bundesligen/139500 (german article)

Everybody (even the coach and manager) still call him Lutscher these days, but its not in a mean way.

Would be severely disappointed if we started reverting back to bringing in players in this age bracket with no sell on value plus big wages.

So far the players we are getting link with, ain't painting Ally McCoist managerial appointment in a good light.

If it was true, I reckon Frings would be in it for the football, not the money... there are far more lucrative options open to him if its all about cash. If he wanted to come here on a decent wage for a year then Id definitely take him!

Would be severely disappointed if we started reverting back to bringing in players in this age bracket with no sell on value plus big wages.

So far the players we are getting link with, ain't painting Ally McCoist managerial appointment in a good light.

His agent has offered Frings to us, McCoist hasn't been seeking him out. McCoist has only really came out and said he wants Bartley (who we all agree is a very good player). It's silly to dismiss McCoist's managerial skills based on this.

However, IMO, Frings would vastly improve our midfield. Oh so often last season we gave up about 60/70% possession before a ball was kicked, we need ball players who are technically superior in there.

His agent has offered Frings to us, McCoist hasn't been seeking him out. McCoist has only really came out and said he wants Bartley (who we all agree is a very good player). It's silly to dismiss McCoist's managerial skills based on this.

However, IMO, Frings would vastly improve our midfield. Oh so often last season we gave up about 60/70% possession before a ball was kicked, we need ball players who are technically superior in there.

I'm not dismissing him, as I said it ain't painting him in a good light when he's linked with building his midfield around a player like Frings. Who's best days are well behind him, and hasn't got a sell on value.

I for one don't want us heading down the same path as previous managers did, short term fixes. I would rather give the opportunity to Ness to progress than Frings.

Theres some good chat on Twitter regarding him. Hope we return interest would be a great short term signing 00000042.gif

BundesligaUK BundesligaUK Eurosport reports Torsten #Frings is keen on joining #Rangers in the final years of his career.

Rangers_buzz Rangers Buzz The Sun claims Rangers have been offered German midfielderTorsten Frings (34), who is out of contract.

Yes it is a short term fix, but if the wages weren't ridiculous I'd be in favor of this

Getting in players that are composed on the ball can only be a good thing, especially to progress in Europe

"Yes it is a short term fix, but if the wages weren't ridiculous I'd be in favor of this"

What kind of salary can he get at your club? He is coming from the biggest deal in Werder history (4,2 Million Euros per season, before taxes), but knows he won't get a deal even close. He already said staying with Werder would not have been about the money, at least he said he would have taken a huge paycut. And also (as mentioned in the article) is not high about going for the money alone, like going for millions to Al Dubai Prince Sheikh something in the famous WhocaresLeague in Arabia.

I'm not dismissing him, as I said it ain't painting him in a good light when he's linked with building his midfield around a player like Frings. Who's best days are well behind him, and hasn't got a sell on value.

I for one don't want us heading down the same path as previous managers did, short term fixes. I would rather give the opportunity to Ness to progress than Frings.

Firstly i'll say i doubt very much that we'll get frings, i'd imagine he'll have more than a few options. But, have to say, i dont understand what your wanting from a rangers team, frings would easily, and i mean easily, be the best midfielder in this coutry if we got him. I mean by a country mile. Its seems silly to me to knock back a guy who has played at the top level all his career just because he's not 26. Are you honestly saying we'd be better with ness in our team than torsten frings? And what about how much players like ness and hutton could learn off a guy like that? What age was gary mcallister when liverpool signed him? 35? and when tugay went to blackburn, how old was he? 31 or something, but he played til he was about 38! i agree we dont want a team full of players in the last years of their careers, but come on tae fuck, i want to win the league next year, and anyone doubtin that signin frings would help us achieve that have obviously never seen him play. The odd older head in the team works wonders.

Also, i think ness, davis, frings in the centre of a 5 man midfield, for european games for example, would be pretty decent.

Gattuso davis frings would be better right enough :crabflute:

Sign him up!!!!

Any body not for this is mental.

No resale value???? um hes a free agent?

He may be 34-35 so hes 6 years younger than weir lol

Asides from that players like Ness etc would learn a shitload from a guy like this - he still played 30 odd games in the bundesliga last year so hes obviously in decent shape.

Sign him up!!!!