Craig Conway on his way to Ibrox?

G.Linton

What retard said give him £15k a week? And how do you know he would have accepted £8k?

No one said that, the reported fee was 8k a week we offered, and then we seen reports saying Spanish sides offered him 14-16k a week. I was making the point of the way we tried to do the deal was to get the best out of it for us, instead of jumping in with an offer like 15k a week when he would have settled for 8k. Its not like if we went in with 15k to begin with hes going to turn around and say its okay i only want 8k.

If he doesnt want to play here for money reasons then he can go to another side.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one said that, the reported fee was 8k a week we offered, and then we seen reports saying Spanish sides offered him 14-16k a week. I was making the point of the way we tried to do the deal was to get the best out of it for us, instead of jumping in with an offer like 15k a week when he would have settled for 8k. Its not like if we went in with 15k to begin with hes going to turn around and say its okay i only want 8k.

If he doesnt want to play here for money reasons then he can go to another side.

"reported" and "reports" is where it falls down im afraid. No one except those directly involved know of the figures needed to sign him, we certainly do not know what he would have settled for either.

And your comments that we had idiots on here saying give him what he wants were inaccurate then? Or did we, thats what i asked you. He is already away to another side, a club in worse financial crisis than we were ever in i believe too. We move on. Lets hope the club learns from coming out in public and discussing players we want, i dont think it has ever been a tactic that worked, even the much maligned Big Eck never spoke of players who we hadnt signed yet.

Plenty more fish in the sea and better ones too.

(tu)

"reported" and "reports" is where it falls down im afraid. No one except those directly involved know of the figures needed to sign him, we certainly do not know what he would have settled for either.

And your comments that we had idiots on here saying give him what he wants were inaccurate then? Or did we, thats what i asked you. He is already away to another side, a club in worse financial crisis than we were ever in i believe too. We move on. Lets hope the club learns from coming out in public and discussing players we want, i dont think it has ever been a tactic that worked, even the much maligned Big Eck never spoke of players who we hadnt signed yet.

Plenty more fish in the sea and better ones too.

(tu)

People in the Hemed thread did say we should give him what he wants, or they said offer him more then, which is basicly what he wants.

People in the Hemed thread did say we should give him what he wants, or they said offer him more then, which is basicly what he wants.

Sounds like fans desperate for us to sign a player. I would hope the club would do what is right, oh aye and stop talking in the mhedia about players we want!

Im desperate for us to sign players aswell, we have scouted this player but, and if we dont think hes worth any more than we're offering then we're right not to offer him more. Just because people have seen youtube videos of him scoring goals doesnt mean we should sign him, Sir Alex would tell you the same after signing Bebe.

I think it might have something to do with Conway being on a bosman and therefore free to discuss terms.

And oh yeah, Goodwillie has a rape charge hanging over his head!

:lol:

Do people want us to sign a player for £1.5-2Million for him to then get a one-way pass to Barlinnie?

Sometimes I wonder.

It'll be an offer that only a fool would accept. Cardiff are gonna take him as mackay wanted him for watford and they'll blow our offer out the water

Hardly.

We could easily offer more than Cardiff.

It will come down to how much we want to spend on him.

Wow, not only are you an idiot but you're an obnoxious one at that

We can only offer average wages because a) we're crippled financially (or at least were), and b) because of the league we play in

How 'big' a club is is not dependant on what wages they can offer players. If it was, almost every team in the top 2 tiers of English football would be seen as a bigger club than us

We are relying on players who would rather play for a big name club on average wages than play for an average club on massive wages. And yes they exist. Do you really think Jelavic or Davis or McGregor couldn't be earning more than what they're earning at Rangers right now? Dado Prso turned down AC Milan and Bolton, both of whom were offering more than we were. Players motivated solely by money like Chris Eagles will never play for us, nor should we want them to

obnoxious maybe the idiot part i will ignore ..

its changed days in football .its all money orientated something u fail to understand ...

yes it would be great to have 11 players playing for the jersey because they wanted to but it will never happen ...

to attract good players u have to pay good money its as simple as that ..

u mention because the league we play in but u omitted the small matter of the champions league ..thats the stage players want to be

part of ,we have that carrot ..

u mention dado as if he played for us for nothing ,correct me if im wrong ,although i admit he played for the jersey

but he was one of the best paid at the club ,thats why ur analagy confused me ...

uve mentioned a few players in ur reply ,players that are currently looking for a BETTER contract ..

again blowing ur monetary quotes into next week ...

gone are the days of players playing for the jersey ,hence the fact as u mentioned the top 2 tiers of english football are more

attractive to a "professional" footballer ..its a short career and u yourself would do the same where money is concerned ..

I WOULD LOVE 11 PLAYERS PLAYING FOR THE JERSEY .BUT IN THIS DAY AND AGE THE ONLY WAY WE WILL SEE IT IS IF WE PAY A REASONABLE RATE ..

Wow, not only are you an idiot but you're an obnoxious one at that

We can only offer average wages because a) we're crippled financially (or at least were), and b) because of the league we play in

How 'big' a club is is not dependant on what wages they can offer players. If it was, almost every team in the top 2 tiers of English football would be seen as a bigger club than us

We are relying on players who would rather play for a big name club on average wages than play for an average club on massive wages. And yes they exist. Do you really think Jelavic or Davis or McGregor couldn't be earning more than what they're earning at Rangers right now? Dado Prso turned down AC Milan and Bolton, both of whom were offering more than we were. Players motivated solely by money like Chris Eagles will never play for us, nor should we want them to

I agree with what your saying but I dont get this whole thing with the Championship.

Most of the top players down there earn 15k max.

Both sides of the Old Firm can offer more wages than any Championship side.

The only Championship sides offering big wages are ones who have been relegated recently and havent got their big names off the books yet or ones like West Ham who have got rid of a ton of players and have offered big wages to one player.

I read that in a pirate voice. :lol:

Conway is pretty average to me so I really hope we don't offer him too much wages. He does have a nice delivery which Jelavic would strive off though.

jack sparrow's voice i hope hahaa