Bain Taking us to court

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13838694.stm

Suspended Rangers chief executive Martin Bain is to take those responsible for the decision to end his time at Ibrox to court.

Bain's action will be in relation to an alleged breach of contract.

He said: "I was not pleasant for me or my family to read in newspapers that I had been replaced and never to return to the club I have served with pride."

There has not yet been any official confirmation that his tenure at the club has ended.

But Rangers owner Craig Whyte was quoted in several of the weekend newspapers, stating that there was no way back at the club for Bain or finance director Donald McIntyre, who was also suspended following his takeover.

In a statement released through his lawyers, Bain added: "I would like to thank everyone for their messages of support and for those in the wider Rangers family who have expressed their disappointment in the way my situation has been dealt with.

"Serving RFC for the last 15 years has been a privilege and although we have had tough times I have always had the loyal support of our fans and supporters.

"I will now hand matters over to my legal advisors.

"Those responsible will have the opportunity to explain what they have done and why in court.

"I would hope not to comment further now that I have instructed legal proceedings and will leave matters to my advisors."

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why Bain thinks he has a leg to stand on.

Putting your name to a statement made on your company's public website effectively saying that you believe your new owner has purchased the business under false pretences would almost certainly count as gross misconduct.

Mr Jones is probably correct, though, and a settlement will be reached just to reduce damage in the press.

We don't know the exact nature of the allegation(s) against Bain and, in all likelihood, neither does he.

He is entitled to sue, in my opinion, since it does appear that he has been handled harshly and not given due process.

Nonetheless, we shall not know the truth, if ever, before the facts of the case are revealed.

No surprise that he's going down this avenue, but I will be surprised if Whyte doesn't settle prior to any hearing taking place.

indeed. but with whos money.

i would say mr whyte mad it impossible to win any case bain brings yesterday by announcing to the press he wont be back.

What the fuck does Bain expect? If you bad mouthed your new boss when your company got taken over or whatever, would you expect to remain in the job?

Bain needs to take a good look at himself.

indeed. but with whos money.

i would say mr whyte mad it impossible to win any case bain brings yesterday by announcing to the press he wont be back.

I agree, and I expect McIntyre to follow Bain's lead. It will be Rangers money which pays for the likely seven figure sum.

I agree, and I expect McIntyre to follow Bain's lead. It will be Rangers money which pays for the likely seven figure sum.

yeah could be. depends on the length of contract. though a lot of bains money is bonuses so it might not be quite so much.

He was suspended pending investigation into improper conduct.

Also he slated his new boss and effectively called into question his honesty and integrity so therefor i think if it goes to court then Bain will get laughed out of it but a pay off from Whyte may be cheaper than legal bills so that's the road he may use.

Greig has.

and mclleland.

the trust is we don't even know what the allegations are and we most likely wont until the court case. or more likely we will never know as it will be settled and secrecy will be secured as part of the deal.

i doubt there has been any stealing going on and the recent restructuring to remove both there jobs suggests redundancy to me.

Dear Martin

What's this about an "extra" bonus? ;)

Oh, and where are those boxes of accumulated papers that we can't seem to find? There are cameras everywhere. :ohmy:

Love from

Craig

Kev could get the site shut down with talk like that. Careful lads.

Kev has stated nothing that is actionable and is merely asking questions so the site need not worry.

That's like me saying that it is alleged by some that the bald ex-CEO has a secret vineyard stashed away in the south of France and it is also alleged that he has several Swiss bank accounts where it is alleged he washes money.

I'm not saying that - it is merely alleged by some unknown individuals who passed it on and that I heard it from an eastern European-type stranger in a shoe shop. :rolleyes: