Bain Taking us to court

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He hasn't been dismissed. He is suspended pending investigation. Even if he gets through the investigation okay, his position has now been made redundant.

Which doesnt make Rangers any less liable should he have been wrongfully dismissed.Yes he is suspended pending an investigation but Whyte's public statements that Bain wont be coming back is prejudging the issue and an unfair dismissal.Bain has the right to know what the charges are against him and to be able to answer such charges.From what I have read I think legally Whyte is on a sticky wicket but since Bain'sposition is now untenable I think they will settle out of Court.

he a fucking scumbag

i'll never forget the image of walter shaking hands with whyte

then blanking bain

There was a valid reason for that. Walter and Bain are good friends.

I knew as soon as i read the comments yesterday this would follow.

Despite any grievances or any opinions on Bain. He shouldnt have been sacked in the press in the public eye, despite what people think of him (tu)

BBCAlLamont Alasdair Lamont

by Boab10

Robust #Rangers response to Martin Bain statement. Says he offered to resign in March. Refers to other "serious allegations"

13 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

Think this will not see the light of day in court, Mr Whyte probably anticipated this reaction from Martin Bain, like most have posted, he will get a nice payout and no doubt have a gagging order imposed against him to stop the inevitable stories in the papers.

Rangers have responded:

BBC Article

Rangers have responded to suspended chief executive Martin Bain's intention to take legal action against those who ended his tenure at the Ibrox club.

Bain has said he will challenge an alleged breach of contract.

Rangers maintain that Bain was invited to a meeting with an independent investigator, but has declined.

The club statement said: "It has recently come to light, as late as last week, that he (Bain) had tendered his resignation in March."

Earlier, Bain released a statement declaring his intention to pursue legal action and said he was unhappy at the manner in which Rangers had dealt with him.

Bain said: "I was not pleasant for me or my family to read in newspapers that I had been replaced and never to return to the club I have served with pride."

There has not yet been any official confirmation that his tenure at the club has actually ended, although the club statement insists he had offered his resignation in March.

But Rangers owner Craig Whyte was quoted in several of the weekend newspapers, stating that there was no way back at the club for Bain or finance director Donald McIntyre, who was also suspended following his takeover.

Monday's statement from Rangers in full read: "We are surprised that Martin Bain has issued a statement in respect of his employment relationship with the club as it has recently come to light, as late as last week, that he had tendered his resignation in March.

"We were investigating the circumstances surrounding that purported resignation and a number of other serious allegations and are seeking his response to a number of legitimate questions we have of him.

"We had hoped that Mr Bain would attend a meeting with an independent investigator this Friday and hope that he will reconsider his refusal to attend this meeting."

In a statement released through his lawyers, Bain added: "I would like to thank everyone for their messages of support and for those in the wider Rangers family who have expressed their disappointment in the way my situation has been dealt with.

"Serving RFC for the last 15 years has been a privilege and although we have had tough times I have always had the loyal support of our fans and supporters.

"I will now hand matters over to my legal advisors.

"Those responsible will have the opportunity to explain what they have done and why in court.

"I would hope not to comment further now that I have instructed legal proceedings and will leave matters to my advisors."

Would a true fan of Rangers FC take them to court?

Surely after the money he's made from the club over the past 15 years, for basically running the club into the ground along with his sidekick SDM, he should be thankful.

And where did he get the idea that he's always had the backing of the fans? I honestly don't know where that wee gem came from.

He should get tae fuck and leave the new regime tae restore the pride in the club, a pride that he himself played a huge part in dismantling.

Would a true fan of Rangers FC take them to court?

Surely after the money he's made from the club over the past 15 years, for basically running the club into the ground along with his sidekick SDM, he should be thankful.

And where did he get the idea that he's always had the backing of the fans? I honestly don't know where that wee gem came from.

He should get tae fuck and leave the new regime tae restore the pride in the club, a pride that he himself played a huge part in dismantling.

I know i will take pelters but if Rangers had sacked me in the press and put my professional career on the line then i would take legal advice on it.

Surely its your basic human right to have these things done behind closed doors.

I guess i would be asking the question as to why the club i have loved all my life would do such a thing ?

I know i will take pelters but if Rangers had sacked me in the press and put my professional career on the line then i would take legal advice on it.

Surely its your basic human right to have these things done behind closed doors.

I guess i would be asking the question as to why the club i have loved all my life would do such a thing ?

If you had constantly undermined and publicly went against a new owner for the company you were employed by, would you feel the same if they decided it was no longer feasible to run the company successfully if they kept you on?

Surely you would have the sense to know that the company needs to succeed, and anyone who could potentially stop it from succeeding would have to go?

If Bain tendered his resignation back in March, what does this tell us?

PS You won't get pelters from me - I'm used tae folk talkin shite oan here. ;)

If you had constantly undermined and publicly went against a new owner for the company you were employed by, would you feel the same if they decided it was no longer feasible to run the company successfully if they kept you on?

Surely you would have the sense to know that the company needs to succeed, and anyone who could potentially stop it from succeeding would have to go?

Well first things first, Bain never at any stage spoke out about Craig Whyte so to say he constantly undermined him is a step too far. It wouldnt be unreasonable for me to think that the new regime would want their own people in, so speak to me, tell me whats happening and lets agree whats best for both of us and walk away on good terms.

Been there, seen it, wore the t-shirt. On both sides might i add.

As for talkin shite......ah backed you up the other day there. Im gonna find that thread and say i was kiddin oan and you were really talking shite on there as well.

Bain has always claimed to be putting Rangers first. Remember Rangers are not just any old football club, as I'm sure Bain has said in the past. If I were a true servant of this club I'd be doing what was in the best interests of Rangers. Bain has received plenty of money for his service over the years, all he needs to do here is leave with some dignity, fall on his sword, leave quietly, fuck off, cease and desist, slip off to a tanning salon. It is his fault he is leaving looking like a plank. Ye've had yer pound of flesh Bain, toodle pip!

Well first things first, Bain never at any stage spoke out about Craig Whyte so to say he constantly undermined him is a step too far. It wouldnt be unreasonable for me to think that the new regime would want their own people in, so speak to me, tell me whats happening and lets agree whats best for both of us and walk away on good terms.

As for talkin shite......ah backed you up the other day there. Im gonna find that thread and say i was kiddin oan and you were really talking shite on there as well.

:lol:

You missed Kev's post mate.

McIntyre helped himself to the clubs money while Bain turned a blind eye and took a cut.

Alastair Johnston then gambled the money in Vegas to come up with funds for a rival bid to buy the club.

Togs will confirm this the next time he's on.

You missed Kev's post mate.

McIntyre helped himself to the clubs money while Bain turned a blind eye and took a cut.

Alastair Johnston then gambled the money in Vegas to come up with funds for a rival bid to buy the club.

Togs will confirm this the next time he's on.

I was in Vegas as well and he never phoned me. :angry:

Until recently I was the equivalent of a shop steward and, as such, I honestly have to worry about the quality of the advice Whyte is being given as regards employment laws and the potential cost of tribunals.

Bain was suspended pending an investigation.

Before anyone had been made aware of what the result of that investigation was, Bain was effectively sacked via the press.

Now we have a drip-feed of accusations.

If Bain ever wishes to work again in a senior capacity, he has no option whatsoever but to sue Whyte for unfair dismissal.

Frankly speaking, Whyte's decision to carry out this campaign of damaging allegations against Bain, Johnstone, McIntyre and Murray reeks of petulance, not professionalism.

I have no doubt whatsoever that some form of retaliation will be at hand.

Possibly in the form of some of the "due diligence" carried out on Whyte being made public.

I think it would be fair to assume the old board felt they had justified reasons for issuing the warnings that they issued.

I think this fight is just about to become very nasty. :anguish:

I think it would be fair to assume the old board felt they had justified reasons for issuing the warnings that they issued.

The old Board came in with a counter bid, apparently worth £25m just as Whyte was about to seal his takeover of the club.

Why didn't they come out and offer up this £25m when the club needed it, which was a long time before Whyte sealed his deal?

They sat back and watched Mhiller go to Bursaspor, and then lost out on Hooper (thank fuck) for the sake of a couple of million pounds, then they tell us they've been sitting on £25m all that time?

Shambles the fuckin lot o them - the only thing Whyte's guilty of here is keeping Greig on that same Board.

They should all have gone.

The old Board came in with a counter bid, apparently worth £25m just as Whyte was about to seal his takeover of the club.

Why didn't they come out and offer up this £25m when the club needed it, which was a long time before Whyte sealed his deal?

They sat back and watched Mhiller go to Bursaspor, and then lost out on Hooper (thank fuck) for the sake of a couple of million pounds, then they tell us they've been sitting on £25m all that time?

Shambles the fuckin lot o them - the only thing Whyte's guilty of here is keeping Greig on that same Board.

They should all have gone.

Apparently, there was an £18m King bid tabled, and rejected, a long time back. When were we interested in Hooper? Do you mean Commons?