Bain Taking us to court

Nobody knows the terms of Bain's contract, or the formalities required to sever it.

If these haven't been followed properly, then Bain (as any employee) has the right to sue for wrongful dismissal.

I would, however, assume that this will never get to court and will be settled in backrooms by lawyers.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kev has stated nothing that is actionable and is merely asking questions so the site need not worry.

That's like me saying that it is alleged by some that the bald ex-CEO has a secret vineyard stashed away in the south of France and it is also alleged that he has several Swiss bank accounts where it is alleged he washes money.

I'm not saying that - it is merely alleged by some unknown individuals who passed it on and that I heard it from an eastern European-type stranger in a shoe shop. :rolleyes:

Bombaybadboy said he did and he wouldn't lie.

What the fuck does Bain expect? If you bad mouthed your new boss when your company got taken over or whatever, would you expect to remain in the job?

Bain needs to take a good look at himself.

I would expect to be told I no longer had a job not read it in the papers.I would also expect to be told the reasons for and the terms of my dismissal.

I would expect to be told I no longer had a job not read it in the papers.I would also expect to be told the reasons for and the terms of my dismissal.

He hasn't been dismissed. He is suspended pending investigation. Even if he gets through the investigation okay, his position has now been made redundant.

Not sure why Bain thinks he has a leg to stand on.

Putting your name to a statement made on your company's public website effectively saying that you believe your new owner has purchased the business under false pretences would almost certainly count as gross misconduct.

Mr Jones is probably correct, though, and a settlement will be reached just to reduce damage in the press.

You need to have good legal cause to fire anyone from their Job. Whyte will have to prove gross misconduct which by not approving of a new owner is not. This will go to settlement.

Its all a bit messy and very poorly dealt with. I would do the same if i was Bain. He has been besmirched on front of the entire country.

It's been alleged Mr Whyte was gobsmacked when he uncovered some of Bains dodgy goings on.

Allegedly electrical contractors working on the Giant TV Screen problem found that they were off due to them having no power connections.

They traced the power cables and found they'd been rerouted to power the sunbed in Bains office.

A quick glance at the leccy bills showed it was cheaper to axe Bain.

It's no coincidence Mr Whyte announced they were putting up big screens again yesterday.

You heard it here first.

£4m isn't enough for Bain. He wants to bleed as much out of Rangers as he possibly can.

i not a huge fan of bains but lets be honest who wouldn't do this.

as much as anything he needs to go to prospective new employers with a win in this under his belt.

would you really just leave and not get the redundancy money your contract allows for?

i not a huge fan of bains but lets be honest who wouldn't do this.

as much as anything he needs to go to prospective new employers with a win in this under his belt.

would you really just leave and not get the redundancy money your contract allows for?

If I had done what Bain is alleged to have done, I would slink away with my head down and hope it doesn't get too messy.

If I had done what Bain is alleged to have done, I would slink away with my head down and hope it doesn't get too messy.

which is why any allegations are just nonsense.

or are to believe bains not as bright as you.

bain will win this case get his cash and move on almost every other person on the planet would do the same.

Not sure why Bain thinks he has a leg to stand on.

Putting your name to a statement made on your company's public website effectively saying that you believe your new owner has purchased the business under false pretences would almost certainly count as gross misconduct.

Mr Jones is probably correct, though, and a settlement will be reached just to reduce damage in the press.

It's more likely to come down to whether the correct procedure has been followed, and given that it appears Whyte has stated there is no way back for Bain before the matter has been concluded and Bain informed then there's at least scope to say he's got a leg to stand on.

I wouldn't say he was the best Exec by any stretch but as far as I know he was honest and honourable and that says a lot about any man.

For me personally,even just in light of the fact that he is a Bluenose earns him my best wishes and good luck, for at the end of the day, he will likely be back watching and cheering the team from the stands as we all do.

I have heard a few rumours re the reasons behind his suspension, but of course none of that means that they are true.

Dirty bastard, a shite bag, a chef, a puppet and a dick. he has a fucking cheek, the money he has earned basically stole from us.

Rangers man my arse.

Did you not like him. ;)