Boys Trying To Play A Mans Game

Don't get me wrong Craig Whyte is clearly a supporter, he absolutely wants to succeed in his role, he wishes for every success for our club.

But I'm guessing there is part of him that feels slightly out of his depth at the moment.

On another note I also think that whilst he feels harsh treatment Bain will be sitting with a wry smile on his face at the recent goings on.

Lets not beat about the bush Whytes transfer negotiation skills have left a lot to be desired, thus far. Who-ever makes the desicion to go public on recent targets has clearly underestimated the ability to post a story on the internet.

Whyte must be questioning his desicion to remove board memebrs (Bain in particular) at a time when their qualities were required. Whyte can't do it all himself. I'd much prefer he deligated and took the dignified role of proud owner rather than doing the negotiations and broadcasts.

I'm left slightly embarrassed at our attempts to sign players that should be bread and butter, needless to say the more high profile signings right now seem miles away from materialising.

The longer this continues the more pressure there is to make a signing, I for one hopes that we don't end up panis buying to appease the support with numbers.

At the moment it looks as though we could lose three of our starting 11 in Whitts, Shagger and Booghy, to replace them we need to have the right people doing the talking.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether he makes them public or not has no outcome on the player's decision.

Whyte is not to 'blame' for any perceived transfer inertia; greedy players and agents shoulder the blame for this.

The guy is trying his best to keep fans informed and in the loop. Don't read more than this into it or take your frustrations out on him.

wats with all the downer threads fs if whyte hadn't of come in we would be fked

We all agree on that, but why is this a downer thread? I stated much the same as the OP on my own a short time ago - don't think we're dragging things down. When there's something more positive to discuss I'm sure we will. Status quo... lots of talk, no signings yet. So do we shut up until something goes right in the transfer market?

It's only opinions.

As far as i am aware we have tried to sign one player and failed...Hemed. He chose Real Mallorca over Rangers so why is that Whyte's fault?

Conway was invited in for a chat and after that chat no offer was made...so how is Whyte out his depth.

Discussions are ongoing with Danns and that is it.

We've allegedly offered Whittaker 20K per week and he knocked it back...again how is that Whyte's fault?

We've supposedly offered £2m for Cuellar but Villa want £3m so do we just jump in and pay what the selling club wants?

Same with Goodwillie as we have offered £1.2m and they want £2m

Would Bain have made any difference to the above with his fantastic negotiating skills :rolleyes:

We all agree on that, but why is this a downer thread? I stated much the same as the OP on my own a short time ago - don't think we're dragging things down. When there's something more positive to discuss I'm sure we will. Status quo... lots of talk, no signings yet. So do we shut up until something goes right in the transfer market?

It's only opinions.

did you make a thread on the bids we turnt down? we havent been able to do that in a long time

Don't get me wrong Craig Whyte is clearly a supporter, he absolutely wants to succeed in his role, he wishes for every success for our club.

But I'm guessing there is part of him that feels slightly out of his depth at the moment.

I doubt that very much. He's well used to buying and selling for the best price he can get.

On another note I also think that whilst he feels harsh treatment Bain will be sitting with a wry smile on his face at the recent goings on.

Lets not beat about the bush Whytes transfer negotiation skills have left a lot to be desired, thus far. Who-ever makes the desicion to go public on recent targets has clearly underestimated the ability to post a story on the internet.

What makes you think that Rangers are releasing this information? It is actually more likely to be the target's agent.

Whyte must be questioning his desicion to remove board memebrs (Bain in particular) at a time when their qualities were required.

Why? We all thought Bain was shit at negotiating for players.

Whyte can't do it all himself. I'd much prefer he deligated and took the dignified role of proud owner rather than doing the negotiations and broadcasts.

I'm left slightly embarrassed at our attempts to sign players that should be bread and butter, needless to say the more high profile signings right now seem miles away from materialising.

Who have we actually failed to sign? Hemed. That's it. We are still negotiating with clubs about other players.

The longer this continues the more pressure there is to make a signing, I for one hopes that we don't end up panis buying to appease the support with numbers.

At the moment it looks as though we could lose three of our starting 11 in Whitts, Shagger and Booghy, to replace them we need to have the right people doing the talking.

So many threads about Whyte hahahaha

When Murray was here it was always "why we being left in the dark", "we're always the last to know", "fans come first"

Now that Whyte's doing what most moaned about under Murray, yous are moaning again ?

Go and take your face for a shite man.

As far as i am aware we have tried to sign one player and failed...Hemed. He chose Real Mallorca over Rangers so why is that Whyte's fault?

Conway was invited in for a chat and after that chat no offer was made...so how is Whyte out his depth.

We've allegedly offered Whittaker 20K per week and he knocked it back...again how is that Whyte's fault?

We've supposedly offered £2m for Cuellar but Villa want £3m so do we just jump in and pay what the selling club wants?

Would Bain have made any difference to the above with his fantastic negotiating skills :rolleyes:

Dont leet facts get in the way mate!!!

Bain would have made a difference, Conway and Hemed would be on 5 year deals at about £25k a week just now, Whittaker would be getting way more than he is worth, and, McGregor and Davis would have been sold for a combined £2million

did you make a thread on the bids we turnt down? we havent been able to do that in a long time

I just registered on the forum today, so no I haven't made any other thread. I agree with you that we are in a much better position now that Mr Whyte is in charge - I was only pointing out that I feel it could be handled a little differently. Where's Gordon Smith on this? Isn't he supposed to be managing all contracts? I completely trust that he WILL do things differently - christ it can't be as bad as Bain's mismanagement.

:praise:

Whyte must be questioning his desicion to remove board memebrs (Bain in particular) at a time when their qualities were required. Whyte can't do it all himself. I'd much prefer he deligated and took the dignified role of proud owner rather than doing the negotiations and broadcasts.

PISH

I have no problems with him going public on targets etc, he seems to be saying the right things regarding transfers I think.

1. He's unwilling to sell our players for less than they're worth

2. He's so far not rushing in to meet clubs valuations straight away and tempting clubs with smaller offers first

3. He's not being held to ransom over wages and offering silly contracts

I think he's playing the game right so far but obviously like all others on here it would be nice to see some transfer activity and I'm sure it will only be a matter of time

I guess his honeymoon period is over - LOL!!

Its far to early to say what Mr Whyte can or cant do - its also early in the transfer window - remember last year - nothing till end August but rumour and innuendo and a heap of shite in the press and on the internet. Let's at least give the man till the end of August before judging his initial impact on the club. Also Gordon Smith does know the football market through his work as an agent and he has hardly time to get his foot in the door )oh and Ally only returned from Holiday today I read this morning).. I personally would have liked Bain to have worked over this transition period but Whyte, as I may also have done, has got rid of him. Good move or bad only time will tell but patience in not a virtue of our support.