Boys Trying To Play A Mans Game

Some unknown guy tries to get more wages out of the club than we believe hes worth so we let him go to mallorca - well done . dont be held to ransom over a player none of us had ever seen bar the ussual youtube video that could make me look like zidane .

Conway (probably sub ) turns us down to earn more money at cardiff - We had him in for talks nothing materialised , move on .

Whittaker offered the chance to be one of the highest earners at the club and he turns it down - what should whyte do ? offer even more money ? I dont think so .

We're still in talks with danns and have made initial bids for goodwillie and cuellar and wallace . what would be a better idea ? Fuck negotiating ? lets just pay exactly what clubs want even if we dont value the player the same ?

So far im fully behind everything whytes doing . I prefer it when we release these things . Last year we were all moaning cos the board would tell us nothing .

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, was it not just a few short months ago people were fed up of all players "being up for sale", wishing the club would come out and say player "x" isnt for sale, or, £10 million and we will talk? haha, thats what is happening now.

Is Whyte making statements about players, and, in doing so, making the player aware we WANT them, which in turn can smooth negotiations and make a purchase more likely, or even, save time and rule some out?

Just a wee thought

Don't get me wrong Craig Whyte is clearly a supporter, he absolutely wants to succeed in his role, he wishes for every success for our club.

But I'm guessing there is part of him that feels slightly out of his depth at the moment.

On another note I also think that whilst he feels harsh treatment Bain will be sitting with a wry smile on his face at the recent goings on.

Lets not beat about the bush Whytes transfer negotiation skills have left a lot to be desired, thus far. Who-ever makes the desicion to go public on recent targets has clearly underestimated the ability to post a story on the internet.

Whyte must be questioning his desicion to remove board memebrs (Bain in particular) at a time when their qualities were required. Whyte can't do it all himself. I'd much prefer he deligated and took the dignified role of proud owner rather than doing the negotiations and broadcasts.

I'm left slightly embarrassed at our attempts to sign players that should be bread and butter, needless to say the more high profile signings right now seem miles away from materialising.

The longer this continues the more pressure there is to make a signing, I for one hopes that we don't end up panis buying to appease the support with numbers.

At the moment it looks as though we could lose three of our starting 11 in Whitts, Shagger and Booghy, to replace them we need to have the right people doing the talking.

Its almost as if you had an axe to grind, or even be one of the displaced board members, or even.............no, surely not.

Thank fuck Murray and his bum boy Bain are offski, oh and another thing Bain contributed to little to late to the demonising of The Rangers and their fans by our enemies in the mhedia and politicians who also hate us. Whyte and Smith will fight the good fight needed and Smith is the key to it all, he knows exactly what that nest of vipers at the buggerydome are about and will fight accordingly ! God Save Our Queen ! :sherlock:

I think Whyte should leave the club so we can get the bank back in to run the club doh cant believe the shite coming from some fans, give the guy a chance, he came out and said our big players where NOT for sale which was a good thing in my book and that he will back Coisty with signings and regarding Bain I'm glad to see the back of him, at the end of the day it doesn't matter what happens some Rangers fans will never be happy

On another note I also think that whilst he feels harsh treatment Bain will be sitting with a wry smile on his face at the recent goings on.

Lets not beat about the bush Whytes transfer negotiation skills have left a lot to be desired, thus far. Who-ever makes the desicion to go public on recent targets has clearly underestimated the ability to post a story on the internet.

Whyte must be questioning his desicion to remove board memebrs (Bain in particular) at a time when their qualities were required. Whyte can't do it all himself. I'd much prefer he deligated and took the dignified role of proud owner rather than doing the negotiations and broadcasts.

I'm left slightly embarrassed at our attempts to sign players that should be bread and butter, needless to say the more high profile signings right now seem miles away from materialising.

The longer this continues the more pressure there is to make a signing, I for one hopes that we don't end up panis buying to appease the support with numbers.

At the moment it looks as though we could lose three of our starting 11 in Whitts, Shagger and Booghy, to replace them we need to have the right people doing the talking.

you do realise that bain and the previous regime were taken for mugs more than once when doing transfer dealings and dealing with players agents

lets re-examine the previous regimes "qualities"

sold charlie adam for 500k, a champions league experienced player who looks like now moving on from blackpool for 9mill quid minimum

had to pay off chris burke, ross mccormack (sp) amongst others because we gave them absolutely crazy contracts that meants they were willing to sit on their arses and earn a fortune

we paid 3.5mill for lafferty, 2.5 for edu, and 1.5mill for beattie, and beatties resultant wages meant we couldnt keep kenny miller who we had to sell for 400k in the middle of his most prolific season of his career

we paid 1 million quid for velicka

need i go on ???????????????

Its all a learning curve for Whyte , he is not aware yet that this game is full of backstabbing shysters who take any details of any story and try to turn it into cash.

The guy has not made millions by being some ignoramus naive hick. I'm sure he knows full well how to negotiate, at least as well as Tan man Bain. We made no bid for Conway and we are going low for Goodwillie and Cuellar. Still doing deals with players who Ally wants to keep. A lot of dealing and you can't start sticking the boot in when the transfer season of silliness is still in full swing. Usually only gets interesting in another few weeks. Hang fire till then.

I doesn't make any difference if he speaks to the press or not about out transfers. It's not as if that changes the players mind.

But if the player doesn't come and it has been in the paper for a couple of weeks, it does make Rangers look a bit daft.

But it doesn't make a difference one bit.

Whyte is bound to be a little rough around the edges, he just needs a bit of practice tranferring his acute business skills to the task of owning a football club.

The reason I think Whyte hasn't mastered it immediately is that in the world of business the boss is omnipotent, in football the player is omnipotent. Once he gets used to the finer points he will be as good at thrashing out deals for players as he has been in all other affairs (tu)

Give him and Ally a bit of time to make a few mistakes and they'll come out the other end stronger.

What is calvinism again mate, I kinda know what it is but don't really know a definition as such.

It's a term for when One has an Obsession which gives them a sense of Euphoria. They believe it will be with them for all Eternity. (tu)

I don't think Whyte will be personally negotiating any transfers, so I can't see where the OP is coming from.

There was nobody else for the Hemed and Conway discussions, but I doubt he will be conducting them in the future.

Don't get me wrong Craig Whyte is clearly a supporter, he absolutely wants to succeed in his role, he wishes for every success for our club.

But I'm guessing there is part of him that feels slightly out of his depth at the moment.

Oh so it was Whyte's fault Shittaker and his agent are so fucking greedy and the fact that we had been linked with the likes of Conway and Goodwillie for over a year.

Get a grip FFS.

What is calvinism again mate, I kinda know what it is but don't really know a definition as such.

It's when a chap's underwear shrinks as he is wearing it, constricts his nutsack and affects his thinking.

Calvinists split From Kleinists in the Great Pahnt Schism of 1814.

Bit far to suggest we might resort to demonic transfer dealings, surely?