• Goram
    • McGregor
    • Klos
    • Woods

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to be 'The Goalie'. Some amazing saves through his career, the best I've ever seen was the point blank volley he got to from pierre van hoidonkey. Saw him last year at a sportsman dinner, absolute gent and comedian.

I can't comment as I haven't seen Woods/Goram live.

I've seen Klos live but I can hardly remember being a young boy.

All I can say is, that 0-0 with Sellick when Shagger saved the Gypsy's penalty was the best performance, I've seen live.

Too young for Woods but how fortunate were we to have so many fantastic keepers throughout the years.

I went for Goram although if McGregor stays for another 10 years he'll run him close.

Big Greegs can be our best keeper if we keep a hold of him for a good few more years, but I would have to say "The Goalie" ranks as the better keeper so far IMO.

Fuckin' hell, just remembered there that Fergie signed him for MUFC. Right oot the blue, he thought it was Coisty takin the piss and told him tae fuck off :D

I can't comment as I haven't seen Woods/Goram live.

I've seen Klos live but I can hardly remember being a young boy.

All I can say is, that 0-0 with Sellick when Shagger saved the Gypsy's penalty was the best performance, I've seen live.

The night we beat them at parkhead, gascoigne n pierre van donkey missed a penalty each, goram was on a different planet, he was incredible. Also against leeds at elland road he put in a brilliant performance.

His save in the 3-3 is one of the best world has ever and will ever see.

Granted you prob wont remember them bud

I won't get all blinded by nostalgia and parochial delusion by saying Goram was a world-class keeper in any real practical terms, because he wasn't tested enough in such a manner, but I will say that in games against Celtic he was the greatest keeper I have ever seen. He fucking hated that horrible club and played like the idea of conceding a goal against them was an affront to his very life. And for that he is a legend in my eyes.

I met him in the early summer of 1998 before the world cup and I must say he looked a little worse for wear. I know he has always maintained he was screwed over by Craig Brown but he didn't look ready for international duty at the time. And that was a shame, because he was the Rangers goalie of my youth.

Absolutely no contest...

Goram was the best keeper I have EVER seen... don't let any wee EPL poofs or Serie A arse-rimmers tell ye otherwise...

He played in the Scottish League and he was the best...

He was the Flying Pig... Lev Yashin was the Black Spider... One day they will share a caravan together and when Jim Leighton (and countless shitty England keepers - too many to mention - queue up ootside then they will be told to get tae fuck... only the two best keepers in history get to spitroast Miriam).

Four wonder goalkeepers.

As men, probably Chris Woods.

An absolute wonderful man. Was gutted when Walter cut him loose, but Goram was a masterstroke.

Chris Woods, I always said was too good, ie not daft, to b a keeper.

Happy he got a good job at everton.

Wish he was bak at gers.