Mcgregor And Whittaker Sign New Deals With The Rangers

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The negativity against Whittaker is ridiculous, if you don't rate him as a player then that's fair enough but to no longer want him at the club because he wanted the best deal possible for himself and his family is just stupid.

Whittaker owes Rangers nothing, he has given good service over the years and been more than worth the wages and fee we paid.

This is the last big deal Whittaker will get in his career, of course he was going to want as much money as possible and if the reported figures are correct, I would say it's fair. Shagger is getting 6k a week more than Whittaker on our new wage structure and that seems about right.

It's interesting though, a lot of people hate whittaker for wanting the best deal for himself and at the same time would want Goodwillie at the club even if he was the type of player who would force Utd into accepting a lower fee for him.

the gestapo will be out in force making an issue of this and it wont rest as we all know how adamant some are to stir up a frenzy, from walter to whyte to mcCoist and now it is whitties turn, hooray all of you

LOL stick to facts mate not make believe or what you wanna believe, ill say it again he is here and one of us, i guess some know better about the goings on than others then my bad

He is a Rangers player and I will give him my full support whenever he puts on the Rangers shirt, but from what I have read on here, it seems as if he's taken the club for a ride, rejecting 20k per week offers, when I genuinely do not believe he is worth that. Perhaps what I've read isn't 100% true and if it isn't then I'll take back what I said, but if it is, I still couldn't care less if we got rid of him. I want players who are here to play for The Rangers, not for the money, which seemingly money meant more to Whittaker.

It's not that simple, he has taken us for a ride, and sadly, it looks like we've allowed him to get away with it.

Absolute shoite Casey, Before negotiations both payer and club knew what they wanted to earn and pay. A deal has been struck that suited BOTH parties so pats on the back all around.

Really is excellent news, especially regarding Allan McGregor.

As for Whittaker he was a player I wanted us to keep. I don't know what his wages are but at least we get to keep the best RB in the country rather than spend money on another position.

Hopefully Davis follows very soon.

He is a Rangers player and I will give him my full support whenever he puts on the Rangers shirt, but from what I have read on here, it seems as if he's taken the club for a ride, rejecting 20k per week offers, when I genuinely do not believe he is worth that. Perhaps what I've read isn't 100% true and if it isn't then I'll take back what I said, but if it is, I still couldn't care less if we got rid of him. I want players who are here to play for The Rangers, not for the money, which seemingly money meant more to Whittaker.

Mate there are posters on here that would say walters tenure was a sham, if you get my drift (tu)

If he genuinely wanted to be here he would've signed without all the rejecting new contracts and holding out for a contract from Bursaspor which appeared to be the case. Not sure how much he'll be on but if it's true that he's one of our highest earners, he does not deserve it at all.

Shagger been here on the other hand is brilliant news. (tu)

We have no idea what kind of contracts he has actually been offered previously to this offer.

The only figures banded about were from the media who know the sum total of fuck all.

Personally i am delighted to hear that both have signed, they are regular winners for us and i dont want any of our winners to leave.

So you're saying it's acceptable for a player who isn't even our best player for a start to fuck the club about, then sign a new deal once he realizes he's not getting that big money move?

Is it wrong for a player to look after his own interests and get the best deal possible for himself?

Some people live in some La La Land were players should just sign anything and be grateful for the chance to sign, while that would be wonderful, the real world is considerably different.

Mate there are posters on here that would say walters tenure was a sham, if you get my drift (tu)

Well I can assure you that I'm not one of them. We all have our own opinions. Deal with it.

Away and dont talk rubbish mate, 99% of players look at money first and hats off to them for that, I know I would.

Do you think Gazza and Laudrup came here because they wanted to play St Mirren and Hamilton 4 times a season??

If Rangers offered you an office job on half your current salary would you take it or would you try and get them to agree what you are currently on or better?

We have no idea what kind of contracts he has actually been offered previously to this offer.

The only figures banded about were from the media who know the sum total of fuck all.

Personally i am delighted to hear that both have signed, they are regular winners for us and i dont want any of our winners to leave.

That's what I'm saying. If he did reject a 20k per week offer at first which was mentioned then I stick by everything I said. But if he was offered a lower deal (ie. 7 grand a week, for example) then I take it back. I understand players wanting to get the best deal possible for the rest of their career, but if he was wanting more than 20 grand a week, he's having a giraffe. :lol:

Is it wrong for a player to look after his own interests and get the best deal possible for himself?

Some people live in some La La Land were players should just sign anything and be grateful for the chance to sign, while that would be wonderful, the real world is considerably different.

No, it's not. See the part above.

Away and dont talk rubbish mate, 99% of players look at money first and hats off to them for that, I know I would.

Do you think Gazza and Laudrup came here because they wanted to play St Mirren and Hamilton 4 times a season??

If Rangers offered you an office job on half your current salary would you take it or would you try and get them to agree what you are currently on or better?

Look at my last post.

RANGERS can today confirm that three-in-a-row heroes Allan McGregor and Steven Whittaker have signed long-term deals with the Champions.

The news will be a massive boost for boss Ally McCoist who has always insisted his desire to keep the players that have helped bring so much success to Ibrox in recent seasons.

McGregor, 29, has agreed a six-year contract while Whittaker's new deal is for five.

More to follow soon.....

official website.