Arsenal Ready To Make £12m Move...

For...Kevin Doyle of Wolves :anguish: Oh Arsene. :anguish:

Arsene Wenger is lining up a £12million bid for Wolves striker Kevin Doyle as Arsenal finally prepare to splash the cash.

Wenger has targeted Doyle for a surprise switch to the Emirates and will test Mick McCarthy’s resolve to keep the Republic of Ireland international this summer.

Doyle is high on Arsenal’s hit-list of transfer priorities and Wenger wants him to spearhead a new-look Gunners team that will have a British spine.

Gary Cahill and Scott Parker are other targets and Arsenal are ready to firm up their long-standing interest in Doyle with a substantial offer.

Wenger is a huge admirer of the 27-year-old’s lung-busting work rate and he first came on the radar during Ireland’s World Cup play-off with France in November 2009. The Gunners boss was commentating for French TV and raved about Doyle’s performance - and is now preparing to offer him the chance to become part of a new Arsenal era nearly 18 months later.

Doyle, signed from Reading for a then club record fee of £6.5m in 2009, is halfway through a four-year contract and Wolves are keen to open negotiations over an improved deal.

Molineux chairman Steve Morgan said: “I’m sure we’ll have those conversations with Kevin and his agent at the right time.

“Kevin has been a fantastic signing for this club and is a really, really key player for us. We’d like to secure his services going forward.”

McCarthy has previously insisted it will take an offer of £50m to convince him to part with Doyle and will be determined to fight off Wenger’s interest.

just dont think the guy will ever buy a english player come to think of it i would do the same thing

18 mil for bent

12 mil for doyle

doyle would be my pick

Good shout, pick the one that never scores!

just dont think the guy will ever buy a english player come to think of it i would do the same thing

18 mil for bent

12 mil for doyle

doyle would be my pick

That's insane

Darren Bent scored twice as many goals for Villa in 4 months than Doyle did for Wolves all season