Who Is Going To Make The Grade This Year

Adoniram

Last season it would have been Ness had he not been subjected to so many injuries. Instead young Wylde came in and did admirably in the games he played.

We have Ness,Hutton and Wylde all fighting for midfield position.

Cole for a defensive position and Hemmings and Fleck for a more forward role.

Andy Little for both now he has signed a 1 year extension.

Will we see others from the U19's be promoted to the 1st team squad and is there a surprise package this season just waiting for their chance?

Could we see a jump by someone like Kal Naismith

Personally the only one i can see holding their own with ease this season should he overcome his many injury problems is Ness.

Kisuka has been released so he's unlikely to make the grade :D

I hope we see Hemmings in actions, seems to score alot in the 19's. If Ness has got rid of his injury woes, then it could be a big season for him.

Last season it would have been Ness had he not been subjected to so many injuries. Instead young Wylde came in and did admirably in the games he played.

We have Ness,Hutton and Wylde all fighting for midfield position.

Cole for a defensive position and Hemmings and Fleck for a more forward role.

Andy Little for both now he has signed a 1 year extension.

Will we see others from the U19's be promoted to the 1st team squad and is there a surprise package this season just waiting for their chance?

Could we see a jump by someone like Kal Naismith or Sisuka.

Personally the only one i can see holding their own with ease this season should he overcome his many injury problems is Ness.

I think Kisuka left mate not 100% sure.

I can see Ness getting more gametime I agree and due to this I sadly don't see a place for Hutton. I don't understand why Andy Little was given a year extension he isn't good enough for Rangers. He should have left and furthered his career in the lower leagues here or England.

Bartley as Rangers captain after he signs from Arsenal.

Seriously, I don't see McCoist taking too many chances this season with regard to younger players. It will be experience all the way, barring injuries, just like he was taught.

Personally, I would love to see Ness and Wylde be first picks from day one. Success is foremost in all our thinking but we do need to start building for the years to come and getting them bedded in now will pay dividends later.

Ness and Wylde will get the most game time i imagine, hopefully fleck will get a decent run in his preferred position and will start to show the form which made him a stand out at youth level. Would also like to see Hemmings get some game time in league cup matches or when we've killed off teams in league.

Hadn't seen the news about Kisuka...oh well.

I think McCoist will be more reliant on experience than Smith was given it's his rookie season.

The only thing i think will help him avoid the problems Lemmon encountered is the fact he has a title winning team and people behind the scenes who have been there and got the t-shirt. Plus he is only a call away to Smith for advice should he need it.

The capture of Ortiz (if it happens) probably reinforces my belief although it has to also be said we need more squad cover regardless.

Still think Ness will be the only one to feature fairly regularly but it will only be when either McCulloch or Davis is out or we are playing 5 in the middle for European Games.

McCulloch and Davis are going to be first picks regardless.

Wylde already has his foot in the door, so to speak. I'd expect him to be first called upon as he's shown he's very capable of making the step up to first team. It would be good to see more of Ness, hopefully he's not going to be another Stevie Smith, plagued by injury and unable to make the impact he should. Fleck, I'm just not sure about him. When he has come in he's shown glimpses of talent, but has frustrated as well. I hope he lives up to his promise, but he'll have to start doing it soon.

I don't know as much about the youngsters as I'd like to, don't know anything about Hemmings or Cole.

Ness and Wylde have proved they can play for us.

Fleck, imo, could work really well with Jelavic.

A run of 10-15 games could really benefit him.

At the expense of who though?

And this is Fleck's big problem. He is not going to get much game time this season because of who he is competing with i.e Lafferty and Naismith and now Wylde.If they are fit they will start every time and rightly so.

Fleck for me has to go out on loan to somewhere like St Mirren or maybe Hamilton and play week in week out for the first half of the season just to get his confidence back for a start.

If he stays at Rangers this season and it starts to pan out the same as last season i for one think his career is over at us.

Dont see Fleck going out on Loan, Ally is a big Fleck fan and i wouldnt be shocked if Fleck is used alot this season, not fussed too i think he has the talent just needs to get it to click and working.

Fleck is an enigma because unless Ally uses a different set up, personally I cant see where he will fit into that team and as Adoniram says, who would drop out and then you have to think of any possible new signings. I think Flecks best role is probably in the 'hole' or up front but I cant see him getting either of those and even though he supposedly had all the talent in the world he really hasn't shown it lately. A good player is a good player, doesn't matter where he's played if he's got the talent and the skill it will show and Fleck simply hasn't.

Ness & Hutton I hope continue to improve and become a more important part of the squad, same with Wylde and would also like to see Cole make more appearance he looks a decent enough young lad. A lot will depend on the signings that are made, but then again if the younger players were good enough they would surely force their way into the team anyway.

Ness and Hutton are good midfielders but they strike me just now as fairly similar. So unless Ness adds more creativity and an attacking threat to his game i can see Hutton being an understudy to Ness and not in the team at the same time.

As for Fleck i was impressed when he played just off Jelavic last season and i have no doubt it's a role that will suit him better or dropping back to central midfield but again he isn't going to displace Davis.

I think they have mismanaged Fleck's potential and should have had him out on loan a couple of seasons back at a 1st or 2nd division club to take him out the limelight and allow his football career to develop without the added pressures.

I simply cannot see a role for Fleck in this current Rangers team and that's why i don't think he will kick on this year.

My mate is a big man city fan and said the two brothers we signed from them are both excellent. One in particular, the one that plays full back is meant to be a class act. Maybe one or both of them could do well if given the chance.

Ness has the best chance; Hutton I think is good too; Fleck and Wylde to me are just not good enough. The others I really do not know. Little should never have been signed again. Everyone has a different opinion, but time will tell.

Well from Durrantys interview in the papers yesterday he seems to be implying that this is it for Fleck. He feels that the ability is there but Fleck hasn't shown it (which in fairness we can all see), but what he also implies is that he will have a bigger role to play in what he describes as his preferred / best position. TBH i'm still undecided on the kid. Think he may have been hyped up too much too young - and that he was probably never as good as we first were told. I hope he gets a chance and proves us all wrong tho!!

Well from Durrantys interview in the papers yesterday he seems to be implying that this is it for Fleck. He feels that the ability is there but Fleck hasn't shown it (which in fairness we can all see), but what he also implies is that he will have a bigger role to play in what he describes as his preferred / best position. TBH i'm still undecided on the kid. Think he may have been hyped up too much too young - and that he was probably never as good as we first were told. I hope he gets a chance and proves us all wrong tho!!

Between 16 and 20 is when you either make the grade or don't.

As much to do with application and game time as it is to do with talent.

Since breaking in to the 1st team at 16 he has spent the last 3 years as a bit part player.

There is a reason for that and as i said earlier the biggest mistake i can see in his development is the 2 years between 16 and 18 where he wasn't getting a regular game of football.

And despite what Durrant says he is simply not going to get the prolonged run of games he needs in his favoured position as that means dropping either Lafferty or Naismith. And that isn't going to happen unless one of the gets a serious injury which we all hope doesn't happen.

Fleck may well have the ability but he isn't going to get many chances to show it which only increases the pressure on him when he does get a rare start. As was evident when he got the ball and thought it was a hot potato with the amount of times he passed it back the way as soon as he got it.

Fleck would be as well out on loan for all he will contribute to the 1st team squad in the first few months of the season.