Alan Gow Training With Rangers

Marky.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always found this one a bit weird. Pretty sure he was MOTM in every Gers game he started. :lol:

Im pretty sure there was a rumour at the time that it was Walter that didnt really like him.

For the SPL, if he is on shit wages, we could do a lot worse. (tu)

I always found this one a bit weird. Pretty sure he was MOTM in every Gers game he started. :lol:

Im pretty sure there was a rumour at the time that it was Walter that didnt really like him.

For the SPL, if he is on shit wages, we could do a lot worse. (tu)

Yeah, it's a strange one.

I read that he trained harder than anyone at Murray Park when he was with us. It must have been a clash of personalities with him and Walter.

Maybe he kept suggesting to the gaffer that he try him in a 4-4-2. :sherlock:

Always felt this guy had a footballing brain although he did not do much after he left us. If the stories are to believed we are looking to enlarge the squad so might be worth a years contract,may be another C Adam.

The story has gone that it was a Murray signing and not sanctioned by WS hence Gow`s lack of first team football.

Hello! First time poster, long time lurker.

I met Gow in Noodle Bar next to The Garage after a night out a couple of years ago, seemed like a decent guy. I asked him what was going on at Rangers that he wasn't getting a chance and he said;

"I dunno mate, the gaffer just doesn't like me for some reason"

I met Gow in Noodle Bar next to The Garage after a night out a couple of years ago, seemed like a decent guy. I asked him what was going on at Rangers that he wasn't getting a chance and he said;

Welcome to the board, mate. :)

Welcome to the board, mate. :)

Cheers. Been hovering about as a guest for a few months now, seems to be a few decent posters and some good banter. Certainly more sane folk than on FF! I think a few roasters have jumped ship to here after 606 sank right enough.

Failed at Blackpool, Norwich,Plymouth, Motherwell, Hibs and Notts County since leaving us.

Good to see us looking after our ex players when we can, but he's nowhere near good enough to play for Rangers.

This. He's actully had an incredibly fortunate career, considering he's only had a season or two at Falkirk where he's looked half decent.

The final nail in his coffin was when Sir Walter didnt play him against the penny whistle in the scottish cup reply which led to a fully suited Gow with boots in hand walking down firhill street with the roar of the crowd behind him as the kick off whistle went.

Bang on bombadier, he is a fitness fanatic, he got a little impacient when we had him and asked sir walter what the problem with him no getting a start[maybe a little to forcefully) and sir walt never forgave him for it, simple as that.100% true. Worth a 12 month deal surely. We are Allan Gow.

Yeah, it's a strange one.

I read that he trained harder than anyone at Murray Park when he was with us. It must have been a clash of personalities with him and Walter.

Maybe he kept suggesting to the gaffer that he try him in a 4-4-2. :sherlock:

What makes folk think hes worth a one year deal? His distinguished career that has seen him bomb everywhere except Falkirk?

Sweet Jebus!

Has Daryl Duffy got a club yet? Maybe we should give him a years deal since he never got a chance before.