Vfl Bochum 3 Vs 0 Rangers

Broxi1872

Im a bit worried now

No goals scored and especially one against a part-time side

We have no centre halfs as weir is finished and players are starting to run by him for fun ( sorry Davie , thanks for everything)

Bougherras mind is elsewhere and we need to cash in now

We have brought in kerkar who is utter shite

If jelavic gets fucked we are in the shitter with lafferty fucked

Beattie is a waste , healey ( disgraceful decision to give wages away for the yr) is done and nobody would seriously admit to wanting him lead the line going into the season

We are lacking an out and out winger to just get by someone and fuck the ball into the box for our strikers to get on the end of , not pissing about taking 109 touches

No dead ball expert that can take a free kick , corner ( for about 7yrs now) and the mhankys show with a bit of delivery they can cause carnage in the opposing area

Now I know it's early and I'm not pushing the panic button , I'm only stating my worry with what's been shown already and what the squad looks like as we are 2 wks away FFS

I think everyone now accepts that 'new faces' are imperative, and I've no doubt that a number of players are under active consideration.

Ally has acknowledged (in his relatively 'low key' statement today) that we need to strengthen at the back. Two centre backs are a must.

However, we also need an aggressive/creative midfielder and a striker desperately. Let's hope we can do this within the next few weeks.

We keep hearing this "1 or 2 players" shite. I don't mean to be too pedantic but FFS it was 6 players we needed not too long ago. I want Ally telling us that even though we kick off the season shortly we will have the expected 5 or 6 we need - NOT 1 or 2. Jesus, 1 more would be a fuckin catastrophe.

I've been in the situation myself playing

New manager comes in , you lose a few on the bounce and before you know it doubt creeps into the mind of players

Regardles of who we play , we need to score soon as we cant go 3 games without scoring

I've been in the situation myself playing

New manager comes in , you lose a few on the bounce and before you know it doubt creeps into the mind of players

Regardles of who we play , we need to score soon as we cant go 3 games without scoring

Its looking pretty likely. Leverkusen next? :blush:

We need some new faces in now, at least just to freshen things up, and make the players actually consider they are playing for their places

The same group of players starting their pre season again, in an even smaller group is going to feel very stale

Results are not the necessity in pre season.

But to lose to an amateur team and then 3-0 to a German second division side is not good.

While Lotte play in what's considered as the 4th tier of German football, it's certainly not an 'amateur' league.

There's now a pyramid league set-up in Germany since it was changed in 2008 and Lotte play in a league known as 'Regionalliga West'. From what I can tell, this league and the other 2 regional leagues at this level appear to be like (sort of) feeder leagues for Bundesliga and other league clubs because they are used for the top leagues' reserve teams to play in.

Reserve teams at clubs like Dortmund (the Bundesliga champs) are called 'amateure' in German, but in fact they are the 'reserve' level below the 1st team squad, so play at a level between the U19's and the 1st team.

Regionalliga West has 18 teams which last season included 10 good quality reserve/feeder teams including reserves from some top notch Bundesliga sides.

Borussia Dortmund's reserve team are called 'Borussia Dortmund II' and finished in 6th place in Regionalliga West for the 2010/11 season. That was 10 points behind Sportfreunde Lotte who finished in 3rd place.

In summary then: Sportfreunde Lotte were significantly better in the season just finished than the Bundesliga Champions reserve team.

We need some new faces in now, at least just to freshen things up, and make the players actually consider they are playing for their places

The same group of players starting their pre season again, in an even smaller group is going to feel very stale

I'm hoping these results will push that along. (tu)

Re. Regarding boughy. He has been training for about 3 days. There is every chance he could get a wee twaeak his muscles. Especially if hes getting beasted to get back into shape.

Would really like to see hutton start the next match , think he can give alot more bite and movement to our midfield. Hemmings aswell i think he can be a good player for us this season.

Even khumalo would have been better than broadfoot in that defence. Wont cost alot to take him on loan...Its a fucking no brainer really.

I was on the Autobahn coming from Krefeld back to Dortmund and I saw a guy on the other side pissing on the hard shoulder... Not behaviour I equate with the well-behaved Germans I have encountered...

I was kiddin' the burd on about it (she's German) and then when we passed I saw three guys in Gers tops sitting in the open boot / hatchback!

I then had to admit to her that it would only be a Scotsman that would be found urinating on der Autobahn... Hahaha... the weird thing is the pissing guy was wearing green...

Was it Casey and Co I wonder...?! And if so... why the green t-shirt...???

PS - I missed the game because I have been too loose with the Euros. It's too easy to through the dosh at the cheap wine in the Netto...

Example: A litre carton of red wine (12% ABV) for about £1... cannae say nein tae that!

Aye... I am drinkin' it the noo... the reason why I am spraffin' enthusiastic nonsense.

here is a text link to the game hope it helps sorry no video http://vfl.wecotec.de/ticker.htm

What's your links with Die Borussen Large Thomas....? I was at the family day on Sunday - I just had to seek out Stefan Klos' star in the walk of fame on the street on the way to the stadium... great idea by the way... great city too.

Is this the shape of things to come under Ally's leadership? early days but instead of improvement (a draw would have been acceptable) we have declined, no good saying we need players Ally still has a squad of championship winning players, he should be doing better....time will tell.

Walter, missing you already

Is this the shape of things to come under Ally's leadership? early days but instead of improvement (a draw would have been acceptable) we have declined, no good saying we need players Ally still has a squad of championship winning players, he should be doing better....time will tell.

Walter, missing you already

Its going to be steep learning curve for McCoist and he's going to have to learn fast. I really hope he is up to the task, especially if the tims make a good start to the season.

It's not a great start by Alistair, but the last thing needed is our own turning against him, the first eight meaningful games, Europe very important, will decide his future in many peoples eyes, I would hope he gets at least a season, Walter is a hard act to follow.

PS - I missed the game because I have been too loose with the Euros. It's too easy to through the dosh at the cheap wine in the Netto...

Example: A litre carton of red wine (12% ABV) for about £1... cannae say nein tae that!

Aye... I am drinkin' it the noo... the reason why I am spraffin' enthusiastic nonsense.

I just realised what VfL's sponsor is...

<cr>