Kenny Miller

RFC55

We wont be waging our bets on just players mentioned in this thread, i dont think they are thinking they have tried every resource and there are no other targets

That was exactly what I thought when we drew kaunus back in 2008 and look what happened there.

Remember, Malmo are mid seaosn so will be much more match sharp than us, meaning that we need to be able to put out as good a team as possible

we were knacked due to the season previous and the majority were just not upto the task then, total let down by more than just rangers then

The longer the transfer window is opened for, the more I am becoming disillusioned by Rangers strategy. I find it weird and some what embarrassing. 2 days to go until the new season starts and we have the same squad as last year. :confused:

The longer the transfer window is opened for, the more I am becoming disillusioned by Rangers strategy. I find it weird and some what embarrassing. 2 days to go until the new season starts and we have the same squad as last year. :confused:

We're the only ones in a hurry mate. No-one else is willing to do any business so early in their pre-season. Ffs Blackpool just played the first game of theirs and ours finished at the same time.

This is a very, very unusual set of circumstance we find ourselves in atm. That coupled with a regime change and a new manager. It was never going to be smooth sailing.

The current squad is not as strong as last years, we are 3 or 4 players down from last years squad.

The current squad is not as strong as last years, we are 3 or 4 players down from last years squad.

Yes but 2 or 3 of the younger players are a year more experienced. And it seems as though theres a couple younger boys waiting to take those players places as the understudies of the squad.

Yeah and we are failing in every player we target and dragging out transfers forever. WhY did it take us so long to bid for miller then we put in that shocking offer and that's it?

Yes but 2 or 3 of the younger players are a year more experienced. And it seems as though theres a couple younger boys waiting to take those players places as the understudies of the squad.

It certainly looks that way (tu) To improve our first 11 though, we need men, experienced men who have a bit about them.

I'll stick my neck out here.

In my opinion, we won't sign anybody before Saturday. Therefore the same squad as just now will take on Malmo.

The way we go about bidding for players is fucking disgraceful. To people who moan about what Bursa paid for Miller :-

6 months left on a £16-£18k a week contract does not merit a huge transfer fee hence why we were offered £400k. 2 and a half years left on a €50,000 a week contract obviously results in a higher transfer fee similar to the McGregor situation.

A bid of €800,000 wouldn't be a bad deal.

Like I said, nobody will be signed before Saturday due to our ridiculous thinking. We better get the finger out and start realistically looking to bring players in!

It certainly looks that way (tu) To improve our first 11 though, we need men, experienced men who have a bit about them.

Exactly. What I was thinking was, Ally maybe sees the likes of Ness, Hutton and Wylde as players who can do a job against the majority of SPL teams.

Thus freeing him from having to bring in a few extra squad player for the job and allow him focus on getting quality.

I'll stick my neck out here.

In my opinion, we won't sign anybody before Saturday. Therefore the same squad as just now will take on Malmo.

The way we go about bidding for players is fucking disgraceful. To people who moan about what Bursa paid for Miller :-

6 months left on a £16-£18k a week contract does not merit a huge transfer fee hence why we were offered £400k. 2 and a half years left on a €50,000 a week contract obviously results in a higher transfer fee similar to the McGregor situation.

A bid of €800,000 wouldn't be a bad deal.

Like I said, nobody will be signed before Saturday due to our ridiculous thinking. We better get the finger out and start realistically looking to bring players in!

couldn't have said it better myself (tu)

Yeah and we are failing in every player we target and dragging out transfers forever. WhY did it take us so long to bid for miller then we put in that shocking offer and that's it?

Shocking offer? Wot same as they paid 6 months ago!

because we we're in debt and he had 6 months left on his contract. Now he's at a well off turkish club with two years left on his contract

Yes mate, Kenny miller had 6 months left on a 15k a week contract at rangers and was sold for 400k.

Today Kenny miller has 3 years left on a 40k a week contract...so does that merit being bought for the same money?