How Confident Are You For The New Season?

H72

Personally, I'm not too confident at the moment and the squad clearly needs strengthened further. A worry that will most likely be on a lot of people's minds too is the fact that McCoist is a rookie manager in his first year at the Club of his dreams and, for some - certainly not me, his reputation could be tarnished should things not go as planned.

If we reach the end of August with 2 new centre backs, a left-winger, a real defensive midfielder and a striker then I'll feel much better but I really can't see Rangers bringing in that many. Even now, I don't know much about Ortiz or Bedoya, so I can't fairly judge them, especially before they've kicked a ball! Though I'm still very surprised that Rangers forked out £1.5m for Wallace, a player I'm surprised we were ever interested in, but I'm behind him nonetheless and hope he has a great season.

I'd love to have Cuellar back at Ibrox but as time goes on I'm no longer so sure about David Goodwillie. Sure, he's a very good player and would - tongue in cheek - bum me like I bummed him here, but as simon stated in the Goodwillie thread, "talent isn't everything".

Hearts will be more than up for it tomorrow but I reckon Rangers will be too strong - something you'd expect from the CHAMPIONS after all! Here's hoping this season is a huge success for Super Ally and Whyte in his first full season in charge. Let's bury that cretin Lennon and put Celtic behind a few years.

Champions again! Ole! Ole! :D

EDIT: The bum me bit was about scoring goals with joy probably up here. :lol: :lol:

Bastards.

I see no reason NOT to be confident tbh , we know we are short of numbers and we have added 2 and in my personal opinion we have only lost 2 players from last season anyway so at the moment its as you were and last season i said treble and i see no reason to change my mind this season.

Thats without the blue tints on as well

if i put them on it turns to

Treble and a European cup ;)

We will win the league as the core of the best team in Scotland are still here and i have the confidence in the management to bring in more players to make us stronger in the event of injuries and suspensions.4 in a row here we go.

With the squad as it stands, I can't see us winning the title.

A fair bit of time is left in the transfer window, but there's quite a few games played before then because of the early start. Hopefully we won't drop a lot of points early on and leave ourselves playing catch up.

The squad will be added to by the close of the transfer window, I am hazarding a guess our starting 11 will look this: McGregor, Whittaker, Cuellar, Bougherra, Papac, Naismith, Davis, a loan EPL player, Ortiz, Goodwillie, Jelavic. Couple that with what we already have and a few more squad players, I cannot see many teams getting near us. 4 in a row.

The squad will be added to by the close of the transfer window, I am hazarding a guess our starting 11 will look this: McGregor, Whittaker, Cuellar, Bougherra, Papac, Naismith, Davis, a loan EPL player, Ortiz, Goodwillie, Jelavic. Couple that with what we already have and a few more squad players, I cannot see many teams getting near us. 4 in a row.

Im confident in the team, I'm slightly concerned about ally going toe to toe with lemon givin that he's got a yrs experience on our gaffer. I hope ally gets a clean sweep this yr, Lennons feet wouldn't touch the ground via the exit door

On the domestic front there's nothing between us and the tarriers. In Europe we don't have enough talent to make any great strides in the CL, but football after Christmas will be a bonus, even if it's the EL.

I do think that we will be able to see if McCoist will sink or swim by the end of 2011, but he needs to be given time to prove himself.

Confident, man for man, i am sure we have the better players. They only have 2 players i would have in our team and one is always injured and the other rarely gets a game. We are the better team and i am sure we will prove that again.

Maloney and Forest?