Am I The Only One That Sees This?

Senna

McGregor

Whittaker Bougie Weir Papac

Naismith McCulloch Davis Wylde (Wallace sub at some point)

Jelavic Healy

Get Bougie bombing forward at every opertunity with Jig fillin in (always causes havoc in euro games, no one knows whos meant to pick him up) Whitter flying down the wing ready to play the one-two when Bougie runs into boddies, Naismith jusp draggin his full back out of position leavin a gap for Bougie to run into for his one-two with Whittaker, Wylde makin a bk post run, Davis gettin to a position just outside the box waiting for a headed clearance should Bougies cross/cut back to naismith get blocked from the resulting shot. Thats how i would get our attacks started. Very hard to defend. Get bodies forward and go for them, thats the way it should ALWAYS be a Ibrox

Davis can lie deep.

Also, against most teams in the SPL with that midfield, we wouldn't necessarily need to defend in numbers.

The 2002-2003 team was mostly 4-3-3 with no DM and we tore the shit out of the SPL.

:lol:

In 2002/2003 we had a Barry Ferguson at his best, a Mikel Arteta, a Ronald de Boer, a Michael Mols, a Caniggia, a Numan e.t.c.

Plus we never tore the tarriers apart, they bullied us through the physical presence. We need someone in the middle who takes no prisoners and knows how to pass a ball.

:lol:

In 2002/2003 we had a Barry Ferguson at his best, a Mikel Arteta, a Ronald de Boer, a Michael Mols, a Caniggia, a Numan e.t.c.

Plus we never tore the tarriers apart, they bullied us through the physical presence. We need someone in the middle who takes no prisoners and knows how to pass a ball.

League isn't composed solely of the tarriers - some folk forget that.

I was only talking about the midfield that year - de Boer was up front a lot, as were Mols, Caniggia and AN was in defence.

We had no steel in Ferguson or Arteta. Malcolm was in and out the team that year - he could pass a ball and took no prisoners - but I don't think you'd take him back despite filling your criteria?

League isn't composed solely of the tarriers - some folk forget that.

I was only talking about the midfield that year - de Boer was up front a lot, as were Mols, Caniggia and AN was in defence.

We had no steel in Ferguson or Arteta. Malcolm was in and out the team that year - he could pass a ball and took no prisoners - but I don't think you'd take him back despite filling your criteria?

I'd take him before Edu any day of the week.

When Malcolm was played his natural position (i.e. CM) he was pretty decent for us. The 2004/2005 season proved that.

Edu, don't get me started on that useless cunt.

(tu)

Also to back another point, though dont know who claimed it, Ferguson and Arteta knew how to mix it up when required. (tu)

I think we found the near perfect midfield formula towards the end of last season when we went with

-Naismith-Davis-Edu-Wylde-

That midfield had a really good balance across the board and it's one we should stick with.

Correct.

Unless we get some midfielders in that is the best we could go with right now.

When Malcolm was played his natural position (i.e. CM) he was pretty decent for us. The 2004/2005 season proved that.

Edu, don't get me started on that useless cunt.

This must be a case of improvement through nostalgia.

Malcolm was one of the worst CM's I've ever seen for Rangers - him, Emerson and Mladenovic are the nightmare trio.

It takes a lot to make Bomber or Ferguson to look like an elegant playmaker, but that's what he did.

I think we could have Broadfoot at right back and Whittaker at Right Mid if up against top teams but in the Spl and against Celtic we could have Whittaker at right back and Ortiz on right mid.On the Left side against top teams we could go Papac Leftback and Wallace left mid but in SPL change to Wallace leftback and Wylde on left wing.

Davis can lie deep.

Also, against most teams in the SPL with that midfield, we wouldn't necessarily need to defend in numbers.

The 2002-2003 team was mostly 4-3-3 with no DM and we tore the shit out of the SPL.

Theres are major difference between lying deep and being able to WIN the ball