Am I The Only One That Sees This?

Senna

That a midfield of:

:ortiz: :Naismith: :davis: :wylde:

...would destroy most teams in the SPL?

Maybe bringing in a striker, or play Hemmings/Healy up front until Laff gets back?

no balance between attack and defence so would not work at all.

Davis can lie deep.

Also, against most teams in the SPL with that midfield, we wouldn't necessarily need to defend in numbers.

The 2002-2003 team was mostly 4-3-3 with no DM and we tore the shit out of the SPL.

Davis can lie deep.

Also, against most teams in the SPL with that midfield, we wouldn't necessarily need to defend in numbers.

The 2002-2003 team was mostly 4-3-3 with no DM and we tore the shit out of the SPL.

That's what I was thinking man, People seem to think Davis is some sort of Modric type player who is constantly on the edge of the opponents box creating chances left, Right & centre, That system would work well IMO, Davis sitting deep, Spreading the ball about, Whilst wee Naismith is breaking forward creating chances, Bit of pace down the wing also, Defo worth a chance!

That's what I was thinking man, People seem to think Davis is some sort of Modric type player who is constantly on the edge of the opponents box creating chances left, Right & centre, That system would work well IMO, Davis sitting deep, Spreading the ball about, Whilst wee Naismith is breaking forward creating chances, Bit of pace down the wing also, Defo worth a chance!

Well, yeah, after watching the game, Ortiz just isn't an option on the left - I thought we'd learned that lesson with Vlad last year. No matter how quick he get's past the fullback, he has to check back onto his right and the chance is lost.

Wylde has pace to burn and his deliveries are getting better by the day.

I think we found the near perfect midfield formula towards the end of last season when we went with

-Naismith-Davis-Edu-Wylde-

That midfield had a really good balance across the board and it's one we should stick with.

If we could replace Edu in that midfield with someone of better quality, it would be a midfield that could dominate the SPL for many years to come!

:mcgregor:

:broadfoot::bougherra::weir::papac:

:3070edu:

:ortiz::davis::wylde:

:Naismith:

:jelavic:

OR

:broadfoot::bougherra::papac:

:3070edu:

:ortiz::davis::wylde:

:Naismith:

:jelavic::healy:

...would be my choice, more emphaise on attack make the teams worry about us for a change.

We shouldn't be fearing ANY teams in the SPL!

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:

:ness: :3070edu:

:Naismith: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- :wylde:

:davis:

:jelavic:

With Davis dropping back to play on the line (CM) when we don't have the ball. (tu)

Ness would be a good ball-playing DM, and Edu when on form would be great in a DM position also.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Naismith would be cutting inside from the right with the ball, essentially giving us a second striker. There he would have options to pass to Davis, Jelavic, or switch it to Wylde to get a cross in from the byline while he makes a late run into the box. (tu)

--------------------------------------------:mcgregor:

:whittaker:-:bougherra:--:weir:--:papac:

-------------------------------------------:mcculloch:

----------------:davis:------------------------:ness:

:Naismith:---------------------------------------------------:ortiz:

------------------------------------------:jelavic:

I'd have Davis and ness as my midfield central pairing, with our current options I just can't see past those 2.

We need a proper left winger, a striker (goodie) and a centre half (cuellar)

The winger thing has haunted us for yrs, the lack of width is so irritating at times