The Problem

What is the main problem for this little blip in the new era? I cant put my finger on it. Lets hope Ally gets to the core of it and fixes it. Would be gutted for Super Ally if he could'nt make it as manager. He was my childhood hero.. Batman aswell but thats another story.

Sir Alistair of McCoist :praise:

Squad incomplete and too many 'confidence players' by the sounds of it; I only absorbed the game on the radio so I can't tell much beyond that. Sounded like there were one or two sitters missed as well but radio commentators have a tendency to over-dramatise at times.

Squad incomplete and too many 'confidence players' by the sounds of it; I only absorbed the game on the radio so I can't tell much beyond that. Sounded like there were one or two sitters missed as well but radio commentators have a tendency to over-dramatise at times.

Radio is hopeless for games dont you think? You dont have a clue if its at the goal line or the halfway line! The commentary was shocking!

Having Ally in charge is like when you were a lad and your angry dad (Walter) went off to work and left your soft mum in charge, you stopped doing as you were told and got away with murder.

My worry is we won't take off under Ally, we have a good team that have won the league the past 3 years, so the potential is there. At the moment it seems Ally doesn't have any fresh ideas, it's the exact same as Smith, 2 games in and no signs of promise, it's hard not to panic

Ally has basically adopted every single one of Walter's bad habits and used them in our first 2 games

Barring an entire change of squad, which has not occurred yet to my knowledge, these methods only brought 3 in a row and a Uefa Cup final place. Just not good enough eh? doh

My worry is we won't take off under Ally, we have a good team that have won the league the past 3 years, so the potential is there. At the moment it seems Ally doesn't have any fresh ideas, it's the exact same as Smith, 2 games in and no signs of promise, it's hard not to panic

Change will come, but slowly. I wasn't expecting 4-3-3 with overlapping full backs two games into the new regime.

Having Ally in charge is like when you were a lad and your angry dad (Walter) went off to work and left your soft mum in charge, you stopped doing as you were told and got away with murder.

Maybe, maybe not. But that surely remains to be seen, especially with none of us having the benefit of being in the dressing room.

Here's one sign of promise: better second half performances. Nearly there!

Barring an entire change of squad, which has not occurred yet to my knowledge, these methods only brought 3 in a row and a Uefa Cup final place. Just not good enough eh? doh

The Uefa Cup final was over 3 years ago and we've been abysmal in Europe ever since

We also didn't play 5 at the back in any of the run to the Uefa Cup final

We've also never won a trophy with a midfield pairing of Edu and McCulloch

Lack of width is an issue, edu+jig in CM doesn't help anyone. Davis having to playmake from RM, whilst covering for Whittaker and edu.

Fresh faces would help, especially for the bench. Last night was written for nacho novo super sub.

Ally needs a rethink about the starting 11 for wed, it's not working as is.

Is Kane hemmings worth a shout to partner jela? It would mean naisy could play RM and drop edu, so davis can play CM. From what I've seen he looks a handful the young lad.

Just a thought

Having Ally in charge is like when you were a lad and your angry dad (Walter) went off to work and left your soft mum in charge, you stopped doing as you were told and got pumped by yer uncle and the priest,but you were given sweeties and told "it's our wee secret"

I've fixed that for the lurking tims

The Uefa Cup final was over 3 years ago and we've been abysmal in Europe ever since

We also didn't play 5 at the back in any of the run to the Uefa Cup final

We've also never won a trophy with a midfield pairing of Edu and McCulloch

Rangers have always tended to be abysmal in Europe. (Gothenburg, AEK, Levski, Juventus, Steaua, Unirea etc etc) Hence the change of tactics to more caution. Maybe we didn't play 5 at the back, but 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1 is hardly progressive.

he gives shite like whittaker a 5 year contract and refuses to drop players like edu and mcculloch while also retaining wantaway players such as bougherra when he could have had money in to chase cuellar.

he refuses to pay £800,000 for kenny miller but will end up paying double that for goodwillie.

The season has started to early for him to bolster the squad with decent talent at a decent price, everyone knows the end of the transfer window is when you get bargains and loan deals.

he has adopted walters style rather than impose himself as a new manager - new start.

he will come good though.

Rangers have always tended to be abysmal in Europe. (Gothenburg, AEK, Levski, Juventus, Steaua, Unirea etc etc) Hence the change of tactics to more caution. Maybe we didn't play 5 at the back, but 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1 is hardly progressive.

So we should be alright about losing last night because we've never really been good in Europe anyway?

So we should be alright about losing last night because we've never really been good in Europe anyway?

You are moaning about being defensive when being defensive has given us the small grains of European success we've had in recent years. You were probably moaning about the 0-0 at Old Trafford when we played, oh yeah, 5 at the back.

You are moaning about being defensive when being defensive has given us the small grains of European success we've had in recent years. You were probably moaning about the 0-0 at Old Trafford when we played, oh yeah, 5 at the back.

There's a time and place for negative tactics

5-4-1 against a mid table Swedish team at Ibrox?

Ally can claim it was 3-5-2 all he likes, it was fucking 5-4-1 with Naismith and Edu played as bizarre psuedo-wingers

There's a time and place for negative tactics

5-4-1 against a mid table Swedish team at Ibrox?

Ally can claim it was 3-5-2 all he likes, it was fucking 5-4-1 with Naismith and Edu played as bizarre psuedo-wingers

Mid table Swedish side sounds better than Swedish champions doesn't it? Do you remember Gothenburg?

If Ally is having any problems with his authority then he should drop one or two of our established players for Saturday. I didn't see the game so don't know which of them were particularly awful. On last night's performance which two players would you drop v St. Johnstone and who would you start in their place? What kind of statement would it make?