David Odonkor

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something definetely happened to him, dont recall what, just remember him being a very hot prospect.

(tu)

he was hyped up as a future star for german football after his move to bayern . I'm sure he had a couple of really bad injuries , cruciate rings a bell . This led to severe depression and he retired around the age of 27 I think .

A real shame as he was a supremely talented individual .

he was hyped up as a future star for german football after his move to bayern . I'm sure he had a couple of really bad injuries , cruciate rings a bell . This led to severe depression and he retired around the age of 27 I think .

A real shame as he was a supremely talented individual .

(tu)

If he is fully fit then I don't see the problem in offering him a short-term contract to see how he get's on, but only if he was played on the right and did't take home big wages!?

A fit (and that is the big question, so many knee injuries) David Odonkor would be a very good 'squad' player for us. He offers pace, width, directness, the ability to deliver a ball (because he can), creativity, power...

You don't get rated in Germany as a youngster, performing at a young age, playing for the national team at a World Cup and earning a move to La Liga, for nothing.

He was mainly used as a sub at the 2006 World Cup, but he was fantastic when he came on.

If he is fully fit then I don't see the problem in offering him a short-term contract to see how he get's on, but only if he was played on the right and did't take home big wages!?

A fit (and that is the big question, so many knee injuries) David Odonkor would be a very good 'squad' player for us. He offers pace, width, directness, the ability to deliver a ball (because he can), creativity, power...

You don't get rated in Germany as a youngster, performing at a young age, playing for the national team at a World Cup and earning a move to La Liga, for nothing.

He was mainly used as a sub at the 2006 World Cup, but he was fantastic when he came on.

Exactly - Finally someone who knows Odonkor

Lets say a game is not going our way in an attacking sense the team are playing well but getting no joy on the wings we then bring on Wylde and Odonkor that paceand directness can turn the game in our favour.

Anybody who thinks he's a player because he was in the Germany team a few years ago is seriously mistaken. Totally different side today. Odonkor's Germany were like Real Madrid whereas today's Germany is like Barcelona. Even if he hadn't suffered serious injuries he would be nowhere near the international side and that's a fact. He's so poor technically, why are people blinded by a bit of fucking speed?

I'm aware Real Madrid are still a quality side but I'm talking in terms of technical ability and style of play.