Gut Feeling For Tomorrow Night?

JM1872

How is everybody feeling in the build up to, what is undoubtedly, our biggest match of the season so far? I'm optimistic, far more than what I was after the game last week or even after the Hearts game.

I think tomorrow we'll be sharper and raring to go. The players know what has to be done and should have the belief they can do it.

We could see how shaky their defence was in the second half as we began to press. Hopefully we can get the balance right between attack and defence as we were often left short for numbers at the back when going forward. Gaping holes in midfield were clear to see, no thanks to the holding midfielder that is Lee McCulloch - posted missing.

A solid performance and scoreline tomorrow could kick start our season in terms of on the field and in the transfer market. It's not hard to see we will need to strengthen considerably before the play-offs as Rosenberg, Partizan Belgrade, APOEL Nicosia, Wisla Krakow and Strum Graz will all provide stern opposition.

However, tomorrow I'm quietly confident that we will make it through. The team has plenty of experience in Europe considering it is largely the same team who made it to the UEFA Cup Final etc.

Come on Rangers - make us proud :21:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is everybody feeling in the build up to, what is undoubtedly, our biggest match of the season so far? I'm optimistic, far more than what I was after the game last week or even after the Hearts game.

I think tomorrow we'll be sharper and raring to go. The players know what has to be done and should have the belief they can do it.

We could see how shaky their defence was in the second half as we began to press. Hopefully we can get the balance right between attack and defence as we were often left short for numbers at the back when going forward. Gaping holes in midfield were clear to see, no thanks to the holding midfielder that is Lee McCulloch - posted missing.

A solid performance and scoreline tomorrow could kick start our season in terms of on the field and in the transfer market. It's not hard to see we will need to strengthen considerably before the play-offs as Rosenberg, Partizan Belgrade, APOEL Nicosia, Wisla Krakow and Strum Graz will all provide stern opposition.

However, tomorrow I'm quietly confident that we will make it through. The team has plenty of experience in Europe considering it is largely the same team who made it to the UEFA Cup Final etc.

We have beaten better teams before, and I am more than confident that they have learned from the first leg. We know as well as the players that the game is there to be won.

Gers to win 2-1 (2-2 on away goals victory). Gers score early, look good for a spell, then Malmo score what looks like the killer. Gers wrap things up very late in the day. Season kickstarted!

4-0 , jelavic(2) , naismith ortiz . based on our results and performances so far I have no right to be this confident , I don't know why but I am . Gut feelin says we fly out the traps and killed the tie by half time

I agree. I think we will score a few early goals and finish the tie off in the 1st half. 4-0 with Jelavic getting 2 and Davis, Naismith each getting 1.

I wish I was as optimistic as some of you but, I'm afraid I'm not. Haven't seen anything from our team yet that leads me to believe we can overturn the deficit and progress, particularly (AS SOME HAVE ALREADY SAID) if we play Edu and McCulloch. I shall be very happy if I'm wrong though! I'll be shouting and yelling at the TV...or in this case the computer screen...as always! Hope there's a better stream than for the Ibrox tie.