Papac Hit By Pneumonia

papaguy51

RANGERS ace Sasa Papac has been struck down with pneumonia.

The defender travelled to Bosnia to end five years in international exile for a friendly against Greece last night.

But he was ruled out of that game after coming down with the lung illness.

Papac revealed: "I arrived in Sarajevo with an inflammation of everything! I feel terrible. I hope to be ready to play in our next qualifiers."

Bosnia boss Sasha Susic said: "Sasa was sent for a medical and was diagnosed with pneumonia."

Papac looks set to add to Gers' defensive woes ahead of Saturday's game in Inverness, with Madjid Bougherra off to Qatar and Steven Whittaker suffering from a broken toe.

And striker Nikica Jelavic has revealed he is set to go for a knee scan.

Jelavic picked up a knock in the weekend friendly against Chelsea and pulled out of Croatia's game with the Republic of Ireland last night.

He said: "I am hoping it is no big deal."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3745735/Sasa-Papac-KOd-with-pneumonia.html#ixzz1Ufkr2fsv

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had pneumonia when I was younger and I thought I was dying. Hopefully he recovers quickly.

With Papac out, Lafferty still injured, Whittaker with a broken toe, doubts over the fitness of Weir and Goian and Jelavic needing a scan on his knee is not good news. The squad is paper think as it stands and we can't lose anymore or we will be in real trouble.

My mate was unwell and his maw made him go to School.

Before School started he was in an ambulance onway to hospital :lol:

Turned out he had pneumonia, his lung nearly collapsed.

Poof. Mine collapsed twice in the space of 7 months and I need a small operation on it.

Small?

Poof.

Best 15 minutes of my life.

Sitting on the operating table, 3 doses of morphine and a needle piercing through my chest and I didn't feel a thing. When it was over I told the doctors I was fine and that I could walk, nearly knocked everything over because I could barely stand. Must have slept for about 4 hours afterwards even though it felt like 10 minutes.

Morale of the story is morphine is awesome.

Best 15 minutes of my life.

Sitting on the operating table, 3 doses of morphine and a needle piercing through my chest and I didn't feel a thing. When it was over I told the doctors I was fine and that I could walk, nearly knocked everything over because I could barely stand. Must have slept for about 4 hours afterwards even though it felt like 10 minutes.

Morale of the story is morphine is awesome.

My Gran went nuts on morphine. She told me I had no friends.

Get well soon sasa :(

For some reason I always associate pneumonia with almost freezing to death (hyperthermia). I don't know why but i always muddle the 2 of them up :lol:

This leaves our defense looking very understrength

Broadfoot, Bartley, goian , Wallace maybes?

Get well soon sasa :(

For some reason I always associate pneumonia with almost freezing to death (hyperthermia). I don't know why but i always muddle the 2 of them up :lol:

This leaves our defense looking very understrenghted

Broadfoot, Bartley, goian , Wallace maybes?

Rather have McMillan or Edu at right back.