Robbie Keane Off To La Galaxy

“I am delighted, honored and very excited to be joining the LA Galaxy,” Keane said. “I have always wanted to come and play in MLS so it’s the perfect combination for me and a dream come true. My family and I have already been made to feel very welcome in telephone calls from Tim Leiweke and Bruce Arena. Also when David Beckham came and trained at Spurs recently he couldn't speak highly enough about the Galaxy, their fans and the league in general, so I can’t wait to get over and get started.”
http://www.lagalaxy.com/news/2011/08/la-galaxy-agree-terms-ireland-international-robbie-keane

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He said he had an LA Galaxy top when he was in Year 3 at school. So in 1988.

LA Galaxy were founded in 1995.

Is that accurate?

If so, it makes everything, everything he said about loving the mhopes insincere.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/The-many-dreams-come-true-for-Robbie-Keane?urn=sow-wp4158

The many dreams come true for Robbie Keane

Robbie Keane has officially left Spurs (again) and joined the L.A. Galaxy for a transfer fee reportedly worth £3.5 million ($5.7 million) and the 31-year-old Republic of Ireland captain could not be happier to be playing with Davey Becks and company. From MLSsoccer.com:

"I am delighted, honored and very excited to be joining the LA Galaxy. I have always wanted to come and play in MLS so it's the perfect combination for me and a dream come true."

Yes, he's always dreamed of playing in a league that's only existed for half his life.

Incidentally, this is what Robbie Keane said after joining Celtic on loan:

"I always wanted to play for Celtic. I'm happy to be here and I can't wait to get the jersey on for real."

And before that, this is what he said after joining Liverpool:

"I've been a massive Liverpool fan since I was a kid. This is a dream come true."

And when he had chicken and carrots for dinner last night:

"I've always been a massive chicken and carrots fan. This is a dream come true."

See kids? Dreams really do come true. But if you're Robbie Keane, they come true every time you do anything.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He is a bawbag and probably not smart enough to realise how daft he sounds, but it's a big coup for the MLS.

He's only 31. Things are definitely improving stateside.

Yup, for the Galaxy to replace the living corpse of Juan Pablo Angel with Keane is a big step forward for them