Wiess

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

some people are blinded by his Rangers till i die stuff , a very inconsistent player whom yes on his day could lift the team to 3 points but out of his 15 starts he had 3 good games IMO which isn't enough to justify paying £3m

Disclaimier : 15 games bit is a guess as its Monday and can't be arsed going to check

It was 22 starts (in all competitions) with 5 goals and 11 assists.

I really like Weiss, but a lot of that comes from his obvious love for Rangers. He had a few good games, but also some mediocre (at best) games for us while he was here. I'm not trying to belittle him, he looks a good prospect, but do we need him at the transfer fee and wages he would cost us? What sort of wage would he expect, what will he be getting in Kiev?

well, still hope Vlad will be back one day

on RW he would be unstoppable ...

he was benefit to Gers most of the time he played ( beside being on LW )

gunslinger, orangeclement - did you forget all assistances and goals ? so many crucial points were won by his work as well ... Gers dont have other better Weiss versions in squad right now. ... my opinion ...

hope Ally knows what he is doin ( or mabe we just cant afford him )and we fight till the day is done ...

WATP!

(tu)

Why? We only need 2 more players a creative midfielder/Winger and a Striker even with a budget of £5mill which is worse case senario we have plenty money left

Ins

Ortiz £500,000

Wallace £1.5mill

Goian £800,000

Bartley ? Unknow but wont be alot

Bocanegra £450,000 Around that Fee

Bedoya £350,000 Around that fee

McKay £320,000

Outs

Bougherra £1.7mill

Adam £850,000

So thats £3.92Mill spent and £2.5mill brought in so far a net spend of £1.42mill take that from the quoted £5mill still £3.58mill left to spend if what Whyte has said is true so spend £3mill on Weiss and we still have £500,000 for a striker oh Le Fondre is available for £400,000 or £500,000 makes sense to me

We are set to post a loss next year for the first time in 3 or 4 years, with players like Weiss that loss will be much greater. We cannot afford any more £20k a week and especially £3m players.

Dynamo Kiev have confirmed that Vladimir Weiss is joining them from Manchester City this summer.

An agreement has been reached between the two clubs and the winger will become part of the Ukrainian giants' squad "soon" as he has already passed his medical.

"Yes, Vladimir Weiss has passed a medical and soon we will include him in our squad," Kiev head coach Yuri Semin told local television.

Sky Sports sources understand that Weiss will cost Kiev a transfer fee of £4million, even though the clubs have yet to disclose any financial detail.

The Slovakia international, who has been at City since 2006 and developed at the club's youth academy, has failed to cement his place in the first team at the Etihad Stadium since making his debut in 2009 and played on loan for Rangers last season.

The 21-year-old, whose father Vladimir Weiss Snr is the coach of the Slovakia national team, played a prominent role in City's pre-season tour of North America but has been told by boss Roberto Mancini that his first-team opportunities this season will be limited.

City have already sold a number of their fringe players this summer, including Shay Given and Jerome Boateng, and are also trying to offload the likes of Emmanuel Adebayor, Roque Santa Cruz and Craig Bellamy.

well, still hope Vlad will be back one day

on RW he would be unstoppable ...

he was benefit to Gers most of the time he played ( beside being on LW )

gunslinger, orangeclement - did you forget all assistances and goals ? so many crucial points were won by his work as well ... Gers dont have other better Weiss versions in squad right now. ... my opinion ...

hope Ally knows what he is doin ( or mabe we just cant afford him )and we fight till the day is done ...

WATP!

No and i also didn't forget his constant running into blind alleys and losing possesion instead of playing the easy pass or his constant cutting in on his only foot (a thing that annoys me with Ortiz) or his lack of tracking back and defending , his petulance anmogst other things , i will never be blinded by a players love for the club , yes he did some goods things (3 of those assists were on his debut were they not ? ) and i'll never forget his pass for Jelly in the Cup either , does that warrant him getting 20k a week ahead of our players at a similar age who contributed the same effort if not more during their time on the pitch ?

edit: we also coped fine for the 3 months he wasn't here scoring for fun and winning the title in the process...

We are set to post a loss next year for the first time in 3 or 4 years, with players like Weiss that loss will be much greater. We cannot afford any more £20k a week and especially £3m players.

Your a clown! We have a transfer budget irrelevant of any losses next year onwards and if the manager wants to spend it he will be or should be allowed too

Wylde is good too.

And will cost £6m less (tu)

we already have Ortiz ( yes would rather him on the right) and Bedoya that can now play on the left side of midfield as well as gulp , Lafferty , money can be spent elsewhere , preferably on another striker (tu)

He's a (potentially) good player. No doubt about it.

However, I think a fair chunk of the support are more excited about his ability to sing the Sash, than play football. Knowing the Sash is by no means unimportant, especially for a "foreigner" at Ibrox, but let's not be blinded by these side issues when analyzing players or potential players for the club.

As some folks say, big Jig would run through a brick wall for the Rangers. So would I. It doesn't mean I should be playing for them.

Keep things in perspective, and I think you'll find Wylde isn't too far behind Weiss in the goals/assists to games played stakes.

Keep our £3m and develop Wylde I'd say.

I'm sure he knows the Sash as well. :crabflute:

Your a clown! We have a transfer budget irrelevant of any losses next year onwards and if the manager wants to spend it he will be or should be allowed too

:lol:doh

We have signed up about 10 players this summer, name me one who cost over £1m, Wallace aside. :mutley: What happened to the offers for Cuellar, Verhoek, Juhasz and Goodwillie? To think Allys overall budget did not hinge on Champs League participation is just stupid. Its common sense not to spend money now as it will cost us again, next year. But hey, Davie says we have a budget there, so lets go and make the same mistakes Murray made. doh

You Davie, are a dreamer and a fantasist and get far too easily offended to be on a fans forum.

Wind yer neck in and get aff yer high horse. :P

Honestly some people are so Gullible....loves the Rangers???? Lets offer him 10k a week to come and see how much he loves the Rangers compared to Kiev. Its all about the money!

£3 Million pounds and 4 years at 20k a week = £7 million..... mmmm I'm out!