The Rb Situation..

lee-irvine

186 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather..

• Jordan Mcmillan, deserves a run of games at RB
    • Cpt Kirk, defends first attacks second, can put in a shift, united in mind.
    • Steven Whittaker, our regular RB
    • Darren Cole, ready to step up and play?
    • Signing a RB is a priority.
    • Other (please state)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMillan needs a chance to show the fans what he can do. Hopefully McCoist lets him play in the coming weeks to see what he's made of. IMO he's now a head of Broadfoot in the pecking order for right back now and as Broadfoot said last month if he wasn't starting games he wanted out on loan, so Ally get him a loan move and use his wages to bring in a forward!

McMillan needs a chance to show the fans what he can do. Hopefully McCoist lets him play in the coming weeks to see what he's made of. IMO he's now a head of Broadfoot in the pecking order for right back now and as Broadfoot said last month if he wasn't starting games he wanted out on loan, so Ally get him a loan move and use his wages to bring in a forward!

Totally agree with this post

Whittaker is first choice and I don't think anything could change that. To be fair, he has been a good player for us in recent seasons and with the new long-term contract won't be dropped.

Someone mentioned a meritocracy.....don't think there is a word further away from describing the selection policy at Rangers.

I would play McMillan over Whittaker. Whittaker has been poor so far this season plus I dont think I will ever forgive him for his antics in Malmo, Ally will go back to playing him though, he signed a new deal and is on a crazy wage (for him) so cant see Ally keeping him on the bench purely for that reason.

I can see how Ally might feel he has to play Whittaker seeing as he will be largely responsible for his new contract. However, if McMillan's the superior player (on current form, he is), then he'd just be spiting himself by playing Whittaker.

Our team should be a meritocracy.

Absolutely agree that the team should be a meritocracy and it is sad to think that it almost certainly isn't. I would love to see us go back to the old principle that the player in possession of the jersey keeps the jersey until they lose it to a clearly superior player or, through their own actions, no longer deserve the position.

tbh i think everyone is blowing Mcmillans performance out of proportion due to the recent performances by the other 2 in the squad , he made some good challenges and some rather rash ones as well and they seemed to come down the right every time they came forward on the attack , now whether yo can blame Jordan for that or the lack fo cover from the right midfield i don't know , what i do know is he did his chances no harm

Its a fair point that there is some over-reaction to his performance on Sunday but that may be because there isn't a lot of confidence in the alternatives. I would say that the most positive thing about Sunday was that he appeared to get better as the game went on. I would also guess that McCall planned to send the majority of Motherwells' attacks down their left as Murphy was out there and up against McMillan and Perry, with no SPL starts between them, and Ortiz in front, who was in his first game on our right flank.

I think McMillan showed promise and deserves more starts but its way too early to be sure he's up to it.

McMillan has had undoubted talent for a while now, and he's had to wait a long long time to get a start in a game with high expectency. He performed exceptionally i thought, and against a seasoned SPL striker who can be commanding.

For me, he deserves his chance.

if mcmillan does not get his chance now at 23 when will he. whitaker and broadfoot both have had many chances and both in my eyes failed miserably, not being negative but one is a carthorse and the other is a deer in the headlights when someone's actually running at him.

i would like to see jordan get a run in team, liked him when watching the old rangers tv before setanta went bust. i don't see the point of jordan being at the club though if he can't get a fair chance. He is not a youngster anymore, he should have been established 3 years ago or let go.

I just don't get why rangers do this, give players contracts when really know they will play no more than 3-4 games over 3-4 seasons. Little and kerkar also come into this category.