Fabregas Makes Pro-catalan Independence Statement.

JamieD

Would diminish their national team a bit if Catalonia was independent :sherlock:

Bojan Krkić

Carles Puyol

Cesc Fàbregas

Gerard Piqué

Sergio Busquets

Xavi Hernández

The Catalan side would be strong though :)

Would Barca want to/ be allowed to stay in La Liga?

Would diminish their national team a bit if Catalonia was independent :sherlock:

Bojan Krkić

Carles Puyol

Cesc Fàbregas

Gerard Piqué

Sergio Busquets

Xavi Hernández

Victor Valdes

Also alliteration.

Because he's a fascist.

"I am not ashamed to proclaim my political beliefs. I share [the] ideals of fascism, such as the fatherland and the values of the Catholic religion."

I'm aware of that but it's still cause for surprise when a player brazenly displays such affiliations on the football field. They ought to have more sense.

Traditionally yes but remember who their owner is. And it's Italy. Any support is going to have some groups of a fascist bent. Hellas Verona have a traditionally right wing support with some really far-right fascist groups but they also have left wing supporters groups too.

Not all of them do - Livorno and Napoli definitely don't.

Roma do though. Filthy cunts.

Regardless of why the thread was started I think Catalonia should be allowed independence if they want it. They were forced into Spain against their will and have always been uncomfortable with it, though not nearly as much as the Basque country is.If Yugoslavia is allowed to break off into smalled and smaller pieces then I can't see any reason why Spain could not split into different states if they so choosed.

A Catalan national team would still be a force to be reckoned with. I would assume Barcelona and Espanyol would still want to remain part of the Spanish setup though.

Regardless of why the thread was started I think Catalonia should be allowed independence if they want it. They were forced into Spain against their will and have always been uncomfortable with it, though not nearly as much as the Basque country is.If Yugoslavia is allowed to break off into smalled and smaller pieces then I can't see any reason why Spain could not split into different states if they so choosed.

A Catalan national team would still be a force to be reckoned with. I would assume Barcelona and Espanyol would still want to remain part of the Spanish setup though.

Not convinced that Yugoslavia is a relevant comparator here.

But it's off topic, one for debates really.