Deadline Day Transfers Thread

Skelf

Also, if Healy's a real fan, he'll get his arse in gear and make a contribution. A lot could rest on him getting himself up to speed.

That would also allow big Lafferty to revert to the left.

He maybe would if he got decent chance in the team,5mins here and there is no use

:D

Meirles was wanted by his ex-porto manager, with higher wages on offer from Chelsea, and he was not 100% certain of a starting place at Liverpool, so obviously it was going to turn his head, so he submitted a transfer request, I don't think Liverpool with miss him THAT much, they now have Bellamy, who will presumably play on the right, this will free up Henderson to play in the middle, and with Gerrard returning soon, the midfield is going to look rather cluttered, by selling Meirles, they have got back what they paid for him, freed up wages and more opportunities are now available for the younger members of the squad. They have brought in over 15 million in transfer money, and well as saved many more millions in wages by getting rid of their deadweight, I think overall, it has been a fantastic transfer window for Liverpool.

7 players in, most of the first team on 5 year deals, £4 million pounds spent. Net spending has been £1m or so, but we have SPENT £4 mil which is pretty close to his promise.

People also assuming that the money we got in all came in one installment. Also have another window in a few months where we can spend money too. People clearly got way to excited by what they thought was going to happen. He was never gonna be a sugar daddy who just pumped tens of millions in

Still a shite bench this season again. Cheers mccoist. Another year of watching fuck all talent coming off the bench to change a game. And a worse defence than last year.

Assuming a strongest 11 of Shagger, Whittaker, Bartley, Goian, Papac, MacKay, Davis, Edu, Naismith, Jela, Laffery - we have the options off the bench of Broadfoot, Weir, Bocanegra, Wallace, Bedoya, Mcculloch, Ness, Wylde, Healy - that's a fucking outstanding SPL bench!

7 players in, most of the first team on 5 year deals, £4 million pounds spent. Net spending has been £1m or so, but we have SPENT £4 mil which is pretty close to his promise.

He has put in less 1million for players, anyway you want to dress it up that's the figure

7 players In, making up the number but not exactly any "marquee" signings shall we say.

We have been awful since the start of pre season under mccoist with the exception of the Motherwell game.

I can't believe some fans are happy with the current state of affairs!!

The signings are getting worse and worse every season, I dread to think who will be signing in 5 years time.

Fuckin bosnian, San Marino and faroe isles player!

Just shows how must of a decline we are on in the world of football

I agree with this.

He was spouting all this pish about 5 million kitty. And he has spent under 1million

If had came out and said that we would have to balance books and we would have to sell before we buy I would have respected him more

But just to talk shite to us is not on

Fair enough he was probably expecting some sort or European participation.

But I thought the 5 million would be there regardless

Jury is out on this guy, either he is just in it to line his own pockets or he is unwilling to give mccoist 5 million to spunk away And holding on to it until January for another manager

But if he thinks the current team is going to make rangers a more attractive brand for him to sell he is very much mistaken.

Really quiet worried about this season, I get the feeling the wheels could come off at any time.....

we made 8m+ offers to clubs for players during this window or did Whyte make them up as well? or did he phone the clubs up 5 min before the offer to ask them to reject it? and cunts say the dhims are paranoid for fuck sake!

You can dress it up all you want, at the end of the day White has not delivered on the promises he made to the fans. He said there was 5 mill a year over 4/5 years, and if that needed front loaded then he would speak to ally about it. He spoke about signings that, and i quote "will excite the fans". Most importantly he said this money was there, it wasn't dependant on any european qualification, indeed any monies from qualification or from player sales would be added to the WARCHEST. Now i will support this great institution of ours until my dying breath, but i am entitled to speak out if i feel we have had the wool pulled over our eyes, to say the least, pissed off disny come close

Its going to be really important to try and keep everyone fit this season.

Satisfied enough with the squad, better than it was last season, and as other folk have mentioned, hopefully we have enough money to spend in January if we need anyone in.

You can dress it up all you want, at the end of the day White has not delivered on the promises he made to the fans. He said there was 5 mill a year over 4/5 years, and if that needed front loaded then he would speak to ally about it. He spoke about signings that, and i quote "will excite the fans". Most importantly he said this money was there, it wasn't dependant on any european qualification, indeed any monies from qualification or from player sales would be added to the WARCHEST. Now i will support this great institution of ours until my dying breath, but i am entitled to speak out if i feel we have had the wool pulled over our eyes, to say the least, pissed off disny come close

he said there was 20 million over 4yrs and if ally needed 10 million initially he would cough up ..

he is a liar end of ..and i fear the worst with this imposter at the helm ..

ask yourselves this ..what has he given us as means of an improvement?????

He has put in less 1million for players, anyway you want to dress it up that's the figure

7 players In, making up the number but not exactly any "marquee" signings shall we say.

We have been awful since the start of pre season under mccoist with the exception of the Motherwell game.

I can't believe some fans are happy with the current state of affairs!!

The signings are getting worse and worse every season, I dread to think who will be signing in 5 years time.

Fuckin bosnian, San Marino and faroe isles player!

Just shows how must of a decline we are on in the world of football

Papac is bosnian and he has done OK

Assuming a strongest 11 of Shagger, Whittaker, Bartley, Goian, Papac, MacKay, Davis, Edu, Naismith, Jela, Laffery - we have the options off the bench of Broadfoot, Weir, Bocanegra, Wallace, Bedoya, Mcculloch, Ness, Wylde, Healy - that's a fucking outstanding SPL bench!

agree. but i'd play wallace over papac

we made 8m+ offers to clubs for players during this window or did Whyte make them up as well? or did he phone the clubs up 5 min before the offer to ask them to reject it? and cunts say the dhims are paranoid for fuck sake!

I'm sure if he really wanted them he could have made it happen

Was there any real chance of getting any of them??

Having a bid in and forking out the cash are 2 totally different things

The shambolic way the Goodwillie transfer was handled was enough to convince me when it comes to football whyte is a naive novice who needs to seriously re assess his bidding strategy, as the way he has conducting himself bidding for players, he has came across as an totally embarrassment