Jelavic Transfer Thread

HashPizza

Hoping we try the same tbh.

someone has probably said this but i will rant on anyway ..

why the fuck have leicester (or whoever else) left this to just about the last day of the transfer window ??

im more raging at that than the fact that he may be leaving .ok a couple of weeks ago maybe come in with a bid .

in saying that i think the big mans agent has made him aware of the interest at least 2 weeks ago and obviously

knew something was forthcoming ,cause the big man looks as if he has a lot on his mind tbh .

just riles me the fact that teams come in on the last day/days giving us no fuckin chance to even think about

signing more bargain basement players ..FUCKING DISGRACEFULL .

Par 8 reads:

"Rangers remain heavily in debt and face a season without the financial rewards from either the Champions League, having earlier been defeated by Malmo, or the Europa League."

We are both in debt and out of Europe... no?

Steady on, the head-in-the-sand Rangers fan will not hear of such a plain statement!

Par 8 reads:

"Rangers remain heavily in debt and face a season without the financial rewards from either the Champions League, having earlier been defeated by Malmo, or the Europa League."

We are both in debt and out of Europe... no?

But they are not talking about Celtic, so why would they mention them?

We are in a debt even if we don't like it. You might not like what they arseholes are saying but it's not as if it's a lie.

Not worth losing him for £8M! Average players go for ridiculous sums down south and unless we get a £12/15M bid id hope the board tells them to get to fuck! Time for us to play hardball for a change-3 years left on his contract.

But this isn't "down south" 8 million is the highest we will get for him.

Not worth losing him for £8M! Average players go for ridiculous sums down south and unless we get a £12/15M bid id hope the board tells them to get to fuck! Time for us to play hardball for a change-3 years left on his contract.

Unfortunately though he hasn't played down south yet ... if he had been a success down there already you could multiply the fee by 5.

I think if he makes it plain he wants to go we would have to let him go what's the point of keeping a demotivated player even if he is the best we've got

Worst possible news as it's a double edged sword.

He wants to go and we don't let him..we have an unsettled player on our hands who stops turning up.

Second scenario we sell him..and we don't replace him. Bang in trouble here..I honestly think we would be huffing and puffing for 2nd spot never mind winning the league if this happens.

And before folk jump in and say he was injured for half a season last year and we still won it..Kenny Miller.

I think that Mr Whyte is due the fans an explanation about the club's signing policy this pre season/season.

Why for example were we so publicly linked with so many signings which simply failed to materialise?

Why was Mr Whyte so keen to publicise a potential transfer kitty of £18m and why did we repeatedly embarass ourselves with offers - in some instances repeated offers - which were way below the asking price of the selling club?

Does Mr Whyte have full confidence in our manager or has he an agenda aimed at bringing in his own man?

When it became clear that players were targetted by the manager to assist us qualify for the CL group stages, why was every stop not pulled out to ensure we signed as many as possible?

What is Gordon Smith's role been in all of this? Wasn't he brought in to assist the manager in the transfer market?

Neil Murray and John Brown were added to the scouting team. What has been the result of their efforts?

Why did the manager and scouts visit Argentina when there has clearly been no follow up business?

Is the financial situation at Ibrox no better than it was under the stewardship of Lloyds TSB?

Over to you Mr Whyte!

Worst possible news as it's a double edged sword.

He wants to go and we don't let him..we have an unsettled player on our hands who stops turning up.

Second scenario we sell him..and we don't replace him. Bang in trouble here..I honestly think we would be huffing and puffing for 2nd spot never mind winning the league if this happens.

And before folk jump in and say he was injured for half a season last year and we still won it..Kenny Miller.

And we will only be left with Healy and Lafferty, as beattie is leaving aswell.

Ach, he was out for half the season last season and we won the league.

Hes been shite this season, heads not in. £8million? yes please.

We've won the league without Jelavic before and we'll do it again.

We are a better team with Jelavic, but i wouldnt lose sleep if he was sold and another striker brought in.

Tell leicester they can have Jealvic for £8million if they take Edu for a £million aswell.

I think that Mr Whyte is due the fans an explanation about the club's signing policy this pre season/season.

Why for example were we so publicly linked with so many signings which simply failed to materialise?

Why was Mr Whyte so keen to publicise a potential transfer kitty of £18m and why did we repeatedly embarass ourselves with offers - in some instances repeated offers - which were way below the asking price of the selling club?

Does Mr Whyte have full confidence in our manager or has he an agenda aimed at bringing in his own man?

When it became clear that players were targetted by the manager to assist us qualify for the CL group stages, why was every stop not pulled out to ensure we signed as many as possible?

What is Gordon Smith's role been in all of this? Wasn't he brought in to assist the manager in the transfer market?

Neil Murray and John Brown were added to the scouting team. What has been the result of their efforts?

Why did the manager and scouts visit Argentina when there has clearly been no follow up business?

Is the financial situation at Ibrox no better than it was under the stewardship of Lloyds TSB?

Over to you Mr Whyte!

Plus, what's with the weird voice?

Unfortunately though he hasn't played down south yet ... if he had been a success down there already you could multiply the fee by 5.

I think if he makes it plain he wants to go we would have to let him go what's the point of keeping a demotivated player even if he is the best we've got

Thankfully we're actually in the stronger position here. 3 years left on his contract we should be able to demand, within reason,what we feel he is worth to us. Say for arguments sake Jelavic goes and we lose the title and therefore we are put into a tougher situation with regards to qualifying for the CL, thats potentially cost us £15M add to that the cost of replacing him, at least £4M, so thats £19M loss, potentially, by the sale of Jelavic and these factors should be taken into account.

Your using speculation to give substance to speculation.

I'm using my eyes and my experience of seeing many players who were looking for a way out of a club. If you don't share my views, I'll live. I still say that the chances of Jelavic being a Rangers player on Thursday are slim.

"but i wouldnt lose sleep if he was sold and another striker brought in."

I wouldn`t either if it was a good striker.

but the problem is you couldn`t even say they would bring in anyone at all.

If they brought in another Beattie I`m sure you would have a problem.

we are already desperate for another striker as it is.

Thankfully we're actually in the stronger position here. 3 years left on his contract we should be able to demand, within reason,what we feel he is worth to us. Say for arguments sake Jelavic goes and we lose the title and therefore we are put into a tougher situation with regards to qualifying for the CL, thats potentially cost us £15M add to that the cost of replacing him, at least £4M, so thats £19M loss, potentially, by the sale of Jelavic and these factors should be taken into account.

You also need to be realistic and see that with no European football we are facing a financial loss this year with nothing to plug the gap apart from player sales. Other clubs will know that too.

I think if we had other strikers we would all take the cash and put it to better use by adding a couple of players. The panic is simply due to the fact Jelavic is the best striker we have at present. Personally, I don't think he is particularly good as a Miller or Boyd replacement. He doesn't score nearly as often as he should given the opposition we face. He isn't a bad player but I never thought he looked worth £4m. If he does go then we must get at least one replacement.

As for the criticism of Craig Whyte, without knowing the facts of how the signing decisions are made then we can only speculate. If McCoist is unhappy with the players signed then he should say so and leave. I loved Ally as a player but find it difficult to believe he was handed the job as manager without any significant experience. I feel the same about half the backroom staff to be honest. We place the future of our Club in the hands of the inexperienced and untried simply because they are Rangers men. Great players yes, but should that be the only criteria for getting the job?

if what i'm hearing is true, then i've lost all respect for jelavic

he's handed in a transfer request

Speculation, apparently originating from a taig forum, but as he went on strike to get his Rangers move, it's a tad hypocritical to say that you've lost respect for him.