There's A Whyte Elephant In The Room...

bombaybadboy08

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All this 'the media is out to get us' stuff is hysterical.

The tims think the EXACT SAME going against them.

Gobblegiver & other sellick accounts on twitter are continually barraging Spiers, Clyde & BBC journos because they think the media guys are covering everything up for Rangers. They see this as part of the establishment, sfa, refereeing supposed cheating, cover ups etc

Wonder if the media will cover up the h** comments by Commons on his twitter.

Whyte surely knows what he has got himself into. As I said on another thread... being a supporter does not make you a good chairman... And that goes for all for us on here (tu)

Whyte, however naive as he is in Football matters, and indeed the media treatment of Football, can't be a mug when it comes to business matters. I would be surprised if these articles bother him at all.

He has a plan. He must have. Our European fiasco was down to the players and Ally. Not Whyte. Was it Whyte that caused players to switch off, or 'tell' Nikica to miss sitters? No So... he gets no stick there imho.

There is a larger plan and I for one will be backing Whyte until there is concrete evidence that he is the wrong man for the job. All this media stuff.. is well.. just media stuff and not to be taken seriously....yet.

Sure there are worrying things in how the way the club is conducting itself which Whyte can take some stick on. but he has not run a 'business' like "RFC" before. He will learn about how to deal with the media, transfers etc. in the context of RFC.

Murray said RFC was a very small part of MIH.... but the largest visible part. In other words... what business-wise should be small beer... ends up being massive and requires (absolute) hands-on daily attention.

EDIT:

So... Whyte has breathing room. If we are to stumble, January might tell us how well financed he actually is.

We must win this league.

Sure there are worrying things in how the way the club is conducting itself which Whyte can take some stick on. but he has not run a 'business' like "RFC" before. He will learn about how to deal with the media, transfers etc. in the context of RFC.

Well he shouldnt be cutting his teeth with us then. (tu)

Remember how quick he acted in the early days to bury some press stories ? Surely if all the stuff written over the last 3 days wasnt true, the lawyers would be out in force again.

It will be another thing to pin on Murray mind you, because its feeling more and more like he has allowed a sitting target to come in. :disappointment:

The worrying thing for me is that some of the key promises on the circular, which stated his intentions for the benefit of minority shareholders have not been kept yet. Especially regarding the smaller tax bill.

And to add - many of the minority shareholders have invested a whole lot more of their cash into the club than Craig Whyte has.

The worrying thing for me is that some of the key promises on the circular, which stated his intentions for the benefit of minority shareholders have not been kept yet. Especially regarding the smaller tax bill.

And to add - many of the minority shareholders have invested a whole lot more of their cash into the club than Craig Whyte has.

;)

its written from his usual rangers hating perspective. he makes out like we haven't signed anyone. no mention that whyte will pay the bill not rangers. so where's the need to sell jela. he even mentions falkirk and hearts without pointing out that they did the same as us.

you could rewrite that article with the same facts and praise whyte and bury liewell.

but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on waddell doing it.

its written from his usual rangers hating perspective. he makes out like we haven't signed anyone. no mention that whyte will pay the bill not rangers. so where's the need to sell jela. he even mentions falkirk and hearts without pointing out that they did the same as us.

you could rewrite that article with the same facts and praise whyte and bury liewell.

but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on waddell doing it.

The single biggest criticism of this new regime in my eyes is the lack of information released to the fans in order to kill rumours or allay the fears of all of us.

I know that some information cannot be divulged to the public but there are ways and means of getting a message out to the support.

The single biggest criticism of this new regime in my eyes is the lack of information released to the fans in order to kill rumours or allay the fears of all of us.

I know that some information cannot be divulged to the public but there are ways and means of getting a message out to the support.

Ah......but what if you don't want certain things to be 'out there'?

Murray was the Grand Master of saying fuck all (and look at all the shit he was hiding - much of which has yet to surface in public) and it may have been one of the few bits of advice he passed on to the new majority share owner (for that one, single, solitary quid).

I for one hope not.....but it's looking very like it. :(

As a rangers fan I am worried, all these rumors/stories that are going about, they cant all be rubbish.

I am not a Tim, just a rangers fan looking for answers that don't seem to be forth coming from our club,

I will wait and see how rangers reply to this if they do, and then decide if i believe the stories or not.

i know this is a negative post but there's not a lot of positive out there at the moment.

sorry, a well done to rangers for winning the masterscrabflute.gif

Ah......but what if you don't want certain things to be 'out there'?

Murray was the Grand Master of saying fuck all (and look at all the shit he was hiding - much of which has yet to surface in public) and it may have been one of the few bits of advice he passed on to the new majority share owner (for that one, single, solitary quid).

I for one hope not.....but it's looking very like it. :(

Well we will soon see when those very questions will be put directly to Whyte and his cohorts.

As a rangers fan I am worried, all these rumors/stories that are going about, they cant all be rubbish.

I am not a Tim, just a rangers fan looking for answers that don't seem to be forth coming from our club,

I will wait and see how rangers reply to this if they do, and then decide if i believe the stories or not.

i know this is a negative post but there's not a lot of positive out there at the moment.

sorry, a well done to rangers for winning the masterscrabflute.gif

Why did you feel it necessary to say that? :shifty:

Why did you feel it necessary to say that? :shifty:

Because so many people get accused of being one, even some of the more distinguished posters who are

more in the know, and at the moment of so much uncertainty they are only reporting what they hear.

Me I don't have access to any info, but I am a Gers fan and always will be ,but i am still worried mate.crabflute.gif

Because so many people get accused of being one, even some of the more distinguished posters who are

more in the know, and at the moment of so much uncertainty they are only reporting what they hear.

Me I don't have access to any info, but I am a Gers fan and always will be ,but i am still worried mate.crabflute.gif

Well said, big tim. (tu)

You doubt that assertion? :ph34r:

Do some checking - you'll be amazed at what you unearth.

Having banged this same drum as yourself for long enough i am about to try and play Devil's Adcovate here and say that comments like those above are or must be based on ignorance.

Very few in our support actually get to know as mush as we do and indeed the admin of this site and other sites. That is simply because we are far more involved with what goes on behind the scenes and therefore get to know a lot about certain people and the organisations they work for.

My view all along is that once the proof has been laid out in front of you then you have to be naive or a taig not to see that there is an imbalance in reporting and treatment of Rangers fans. I am loathe to say it is one big,organised anti Rangers conspiracy but it is fair to say that many people and organisations are abusing their positions of responsibility and professionalism to further their own personal agendas.

When you actually begin to detail the people in Government or Local Councils for example and their religious and sporting beliefs it makes a mockery of anyone's claims of an anti catholic bias.

Then you look at the legal system and see such influential people like Elish Angiolini,Paul McBride and Frank Mulholland. I wonder how many of them attend the "Red Mass" every year??

You could of course then turn your attention to the media and two organisations in particualr..The BBC and Radio Clyde. Without going in to detail i think again any reasonable person who has watched or listened to these two bodies could argue there is a serious reluctance to criticise Celtic FC or the Catholic Church with the same gusto reserved for Rangers FC and the fans.

I would argue that the more knowledge that is imparted to the fans the less inclined they would be to think that we are imagining all this stuff.

Having banged this same drum as yourself for long enough i am about to try and play Devil's Adcovate here and say that comments like those above are or must be based on ignorance.

Very few in our support actually get to know as mush as we do and indeed the admin of this site and other sites. That is simply because we are far more involved with what goes on behind the scenes and therefore get to know a lot about certain people and the organisations they work for.

My view all along is that once the proof has been laid out in front of you then you have to be naive or a taig not to see that there is an imbalance in reporting and treatment of Rangers fans. I am loathe to say it is one big,organised anti Rangers conspiracy but it is fair to say that many people and organisations are abusing their positions of responsibility and professionalism to further their own personal agendas.

When you actually begin to detail the people in Government or Local Councils for example and their religious and sporting beliefs it makes a mockery of anyone's claims of an anti catholic bias.

Then you look at the legal system and see such influential people like Elish Angiolini,Paul McBride and Frank Mulholland. I wonder how many of them attend the "Red Mass" every year??

You could of course then turn your attention to the media and two organisations in particualr..The BBC and Radio Clyde. Without going in to detail i think again any reasonable person who has watched or listened to these two bodies could argue there is a serious reluctance to criticise Celtic FC or the Catholic Church with the same gusto reserved for Rangers FC and the fans.

I would argue that the more knowledge that is imparted to the fans the less inclined they would be to think that we are imagining all this stuff.

As you might expect - I concur.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

As you might expect - I concur.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

For example...how many fans know that Joe O'Rourke or as he is most commonly known as "Secure Inmate Joe" was high up on a certain council down Port Glasgow way? Or that the leader of the local authority down there is Stephen McCabe..... whose now dead brother started the Tom Williams csc in Port Glasgow.

So much for his downtrodden 2nd class citizen shite.

These people are religious bigots who use their victimhood and a compliant media to further their own agenda of hate and division.

(tu)