Rangers Finances

nvager

What is the true state of our finances?

This is a puzzle. Recently we have heard of Rangers funds being frozen by the taxman in the "small" tax case and are awaiting the verdict in the "large tax case".

During the transfer window we never seemed to close in on some of our main targets and other bids were said to be derisory. Nevertheless we did extend contracts for established players, spend 1.5m on Wallace and lesser amounts on several others. This has left most of us puzzled regarding our financial well being.

After all the smoke and mirrors of the Murray era we seem no less enlightened. Has anyone any clue as to when this situation will be made clear? Are we Bears to be forever in the dark or will the upcoming? set of financial figures shed much more light on this matter?

Anyone have real news? Not the scaremongering rubbish from the Dark Side, but news that can be relied upon? If so let's hear from you.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the true state of our finances?

This is a puzzle. Recently we have heard of Rangers funds being frozen by the taxman in the "small" tax case and are awaiting the verdict in the "large tax case".

During the transfer window we never seemed to close in on some of our main targets and other bids were said to be derisory. Nevertheless we did extend contracts for established players, spend 1.5m on Wallace and lesser amounts on several others. This has left most of us puzzled regarding our financial well being.

After all the smoke and mirrors of the Murray era we seem no less enlightened. Has anyone any clue as to when this situation will be made clear? Are we Bears to be forever in the dark or will the upcoming? set of financial figures shed much more light on this matter?

Anyone have real news? Not the scaremongering rubbish from the Dark Side, but news that can be relied upon? If so let's hear from you.

It would actually be good for somewhere on here to be left for sensible chat on this. Anybody that speaks their mind on it usually ends up getting called a Tim or something worse.

Its got to the point where most people just simply go "baaaaa" (tu)

My own personal view.

1. Whyte has money, and would spend it if needed.

2. Whyte has a stringent business plan, and will not stray from it.

3. Going out of Europe has meant we have had to adapt of Transfer plans.

4. The 'Tax Issue' looks bad, however, Whyte/Rangers won't just throw HMRC cash if they believe it is unjust.

5. The shouts of Admin etc, are all scaremongering from nowhere and nobodies.

My own personal view.

4. The 'Tax Issue' looks bad, however, Whyte/Rangers won't just throw HMRC cash if they believe it is unjust.

Sensible reply but the mhedia will still try tae fling aw this shite at us.

My own personal view.

My worst fear.

1. Whyte doesnt have the money and therefore cant spend it.

2. Wnyte had a plan, which was wrecked by CL removal and has now switched to Plan B

3. Plan B is to get out ASAP. Not taking money for Jelavic was part of it.

4. The Tax Issue will go away, not how most thought it would though.

5. I think something will happen, but im not overly concerned with it as i reckon we can come out of it better off, with a tiny dent in pride.

I sent an email to the Club last Thursday aasking that they make a formal statement clarifying the Club's financial position and seeking some reassurance for the fans. I then followed that up with a personal letter to Craig Whyte. As yet I have not had the courtesy of a response to either.

My email and letter expressed concern about the growing media speculatuion in relation to the HMRC investigations; the Club's finances and the reported 'threat' of Administration. I simply asked Mr. Whyte to make a statement to the supporters setting out the factual position.

I must say I'm disappointed that I didn't even receive an acknowledgement. To be fair to our former Chairman, Alistair Johnston, he responded within a few days to a letter I sent to him just before he 'stepped' down.

My own personal view.

Your view i share and is right no doubt mate, i find it soooo funny every open line caller or tweeter who write about Rangers tax affairs are all tarriers and are obbessed with us totally, my other view is that why are we in modern day football more interested in the runningsof our club, leave that to CraigvWhyte and ill stick to supporting my team!!

My own personal view.

Agree with all of the above points.

Mr Whyte seems to be an astute, ruthless businessman and I am confident he is laying his rules early. Considering the state that Murray and Bain left the club and our stadium it is obviously needing alot of attention. Given time, I expect Mr Whyte to rectify this.

I also sent a communication to Craig Whyte but received no response. That is never a good sign. I could speculate like Mr Struth and the Weiss Man as either of the guys could be right, they could also both be partly right and partly wrong. I could come up with a few theories but I have nothing concrete to start with.

I can't understand why there has been no information forthcoming from Ibrox ( and I don't mean " a source"). Even if Whyte wishes to keep his cards to his chest, he should still release a limited statement because there is nothing worse for a Company's standing than negative rumours which are allowed to go unanswered. I'm usually an optimist but the reality of this situation certainly gives me cause for concern.

There are far too many different rumours circulating without anyone coming up with a shred of proof. The "my mate's uncle knows **** " type rumour just doesn't have any credibility. People on internet chat such as RM only add to the problem at times. Speculation is pointless in this case until we have some basis for informed discussion. If I was a journalist I would be pitching up at Ibrox every day to speak to Whyte or one of the other directors. The Club's silence merely adds fuel to the fires being started by the media and that other mob at the San Giro / Meccanodome.

My worst fear.

1. Whyte doesnt have the money and therefore cant spend it.

2. Wnyte had a plan, which was wrecked by CL removal and has now switched to Plan B

3. Plan B is to get out ASAP. Not taking money for Jelavic was part of it.

4. The Tax Issue will go away, not how most thought it would though.

5. I think something will happen, but im not overly concerned with it as i reckon we can come out of it better off, with a tiny dent in pride.

you think we will take insolvancy this season.

seems daft given we might win v hmrc.

I have replied in another thread but it is my opinion that the Jelavic transfer refusal is an indication that Whyte is expecting Administration and would like to keep his asset in the team, rather than lose the fee in a creditor pot.

The fact he spent money (adding to the RFC debt they now owe to Whyte, keeping him the main creditor) on new contracts to assets, in my opinion, is another example of Whyte being clever.

We have yet to see if this is a positive for RFC or a negative that will see Whyte kill our club.

I have replied in another thread but it is my opinion that the Jelavic transfer refusal is an indication that Whyte is expecting Administration and would like to keep his asset in the team, rather than lose the fee in a creditor pot.

The fact he spent money (adding to the RFC debt they now owe to Whyte, keeping him the main creditor) on new contracts to assets, in my opinion, is another example of Whyte being clever.

We have yet to see if this is a positive for RFC or a negative that will see Whyte kill our club.

I said as much in a PM last week. (tu)

you think we will take insolvancy this season.

seems daft given we might win v hmrc.

Never - I fully expect us to lose this now. Bank Arrestments are not handed out on a whim and yes this is only to cover the small amount owed but indicates to everyone that HMRC are serious.

Never - I fully expect us to lose this now. Bank Arrestments are not handed out on a whim and yes this is only to cover the small amount owed but indicates to everyone that HMRC are serious.

HMRC are always serious ffs.

They took out the 2.8million we owed them subject to appeal, big fucking deal.