Unpopular Thoughts/opinions About The Rangers

Senna

With the tims protesting the poppies for years, and now the muslim extremists burning them etc, the poppy issue has been in the news quite a bit with people protesting etc. I was glad the club and us fans showed that even with all this shite going on we are standing up and still proud to support the troops and remember the fallen. And no matter wot the scum in this country think we'll never ever be ashamed of it.

With the tims protesting the poppies for years, and now the muslim extremists burning them etc, the poppy issue has been in the news quite a bit with people protesting etc. I was glad the club and us fans showed that even with all this shite going on we are standing up and still proud to support the troops and remember the fallen. And no matter wot the scum in this country think we'll never ever be ashamed of it.

So you believe that wearing a poppy and donatjng to thevpoppy appeal has another dimemsion now to its original intention?

So you believe that wearing a poppy and donatjng to thevpoppy appeal has another dimemsion now to its original intention?

Not sure what you mean Gaz92 but for me the highlight part is correct.

The use of "The Rangers" has become far too prominent. People say that's always what we've been known as, but were we referring to ourselves as it before the newco was formed?

The affiliation with Northern Irish politics should be a thing of the past, and is holding the club back in many regards.

The bickering amongst supporters groups is pathetic, but it's not the cause of a lack of unity in our support that some on the internet believe.

Absolutely.

I was glad the club and us fans showed that even with all this shite going on we are standing up and still proud to support the troops and remember the fallen.

The club and fans only started showing their support for the troops with banners and displays after the tims ruined a minute silence over at Falkirk. As nice as the displays are, they only started as a point-scoring exercise.

The use of "The Rangers" has become far too prominent. People say that's always what we've been known as, but were we referring to ourselves as it before the newco was formed.

We've been referred to as The Rangers since the 1800's. Remember seeing a thread about the 'The Gallant Pioneers' with newspaper articles calling us The Rangers.

Taking offence at those calling us The Rangers now is what they want. We know who we are, they definitely know who we are.

The fact is we are The Rangers, because there is no other club like us.

We've been referred to as The Rangers since the 1800's. Remember seeing a thread about the 'The Gallant Pioneers' with newspaper articles calling us The Rangers.

Taking offence at those calling us The Rangers now is what they want. We know who we are, they definitely know who we are.

The fact is we are The Rangers, because there is no other club like us.

I've not disputed the fact that it's something we were traditionally referred to as, but before July, how often did you refer to us as "The Rangers"?

I've not disputed the fact that it's something we were traditionally referred to as, but before July, how often did you refer to us as "The Rangers"?

Sometimes I say Rangers, sometimes I say the Rangers. Depends on the context.

I know what they are trying to imply by calling us The Rangers. It's the same when they called us sevco. It's idiotic and it just shows up how petty they are.

Have you ever sung 'Every Other Saturday'?

The first six months of that year, there was a fair bit of it going about and more people were starting to call us The Rangers that had never done so before - and this was way before Whyte appeared on the scene.

The first six months of that year, there was a fair bit of it going about and more people were starting to call us The Rangers that had never done so before - and this was way before Whyte appeared on the scene.

Well I certainly didn't see that, didn't see it cropping up until the start of this season myself.

Sometimes I say Rangers, sometimes I say the Rangers. Depends on the context.

I know what they are trying to imply by calling us The Rangers. It's the same when they called us sevco. It's idiotic and it just shows up how petty they are.

Have you ever sung 'Every Other Saturday'?

Yes, I've never wandered down the Copland Road with my wee pal Joe though. :D