Lay Off The Coke Robbie

King_gazza

Messi plays a free role and covers virtually every blade of grass. The whole barca team interchanges

Messi and Villa don't interchange with Puyol and Pique, so I'd disagree there.

Their front five don't really have set positions though, if that's what you mean.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another English lover , your the idiot . That will be the same Rooney that tried to get out of Man Utd and into the league that has all the great players in their prime last year and had to do an about turn because the big boys did not want him ????

Barca and Madrid would be 1 and 2 in the EPL .

I never said Rooney was a donkey , he's a great player , but for some on here comparing him to anything in Barca is madness .........

Your wrong actually. When Rooney expressed his desire to leave last season mourinho expressed how much of an asset he would be to madrid, obviously nothing materialised as he signed a new contract at man utd, the third best team in the world, where he is in most people 's views their best player. "English lover" not at all, just not biased.

Lafferty would score as many as anyone else playing with that group of players . The difference is , is that it won't happen because he's not good enough , just like Rooney is not good enough .

Do yo

No he wouldnt you complete and utter horse fucker

Ronaldo scored 42 goals in 08-09. :rolleyes:

Love this myth that it's easier to score in Spain even-though Man United scored 5 away to Bolton and also scored 14 goals in 3 games against three teams who finish in the top 5 in England.

He most certainly didnt you fud. i think you'll find that it was in 07-08 he scored 42 in ALL COMPETITIONS whereas he is scoring around 10 or so more in spain, infact he scores more than one every game on average for Madrid. It is easier to score in Spain, the defences are stronger and more physical in England . Simple.

He most certainly didnt you fud. i think you'll find that it was in 07-08 he scored 42 in ALL COMPETITIONS whereas he is scoring around 10 or so more in spain, infact he scores more than one every game on average for Madrid. It is easier to score in Spain, the defences are stronger and more physical in England . Simple.

Yet more goals are scored in England?

Cool.

Yet more goals are scored in England?

Cool.

I didn't know that. But i stand by my point that the defences are stronger in the EPL though. Less goals in Spain is probably down to the fact that in the league other than Real and Barca most of the teams are quite poor whereas in England it is a lot less predictable and even teams in the bottom half are good teams. Just my opininion anyway.

Let's go down the road of league goals only then, Messi's highest scoring return in la liga is 34, Ronaldo's in the EPL is 31. Your original point that Messi scores 40 goals is utter bullshit.

Man United results this season...

vs Man City 3-2

vs Tottenham 3-0

vs Arsenal 8-2

Vs Chelsea 3-1

So called amazing defences in England yet United scored 17 goals in four games against the four other top five clubs, not to mention scoring five at Bolton. Just another myth from clueless people driven by the media.

Ok fair enough about Messi's goalscoring but in my defence the fact that he scored over 50 goals overall makes it an easy enough mistake to make. Maybe United did score that many gosls in 4 games but im sure also that in Madrids last 4 games or so of last season they scored around 21 or 22 goals so it wouldn't surprise me if Barca had at some point scored even more in 4 games. Last year in la liga the top scorer in la liga had 40 goals whereas it was only around 20 goals! Sure the likes of teves isn't as good as Messi or Ronaldo but he is a world class player nonetheless.

I didn't know that. But i stand by my point that the defences are stronger in the EPL though. Less goals in Spain is probably down to the fact that in the league other than Real and Barca most of the teams are quite poor whereas in England it is a lot less predictable and even teams in the bottom half are good teams. Just my opininion anyway.

You couldn't be more wrong. Outwith the top 6 the epl is abysmal. La liga on the other hand generally has a much higher standard of football and quality. Where are barca and real at the moment in the league?

The 'false 9' role Messi plays isn't a free role. He doesn't go out with the instructions 'Do whatever you want'. It's actually an incredibly specific role he plays.

He actually has huge freedom to roam wherever he wants in attack and drops deep

The 'false 9' role Messi plays isn't a free role. He doesn't go out with the instructions 'Do whatever you want'. It's actually an incredibly specific role he plays.

Naw, sometimes you see him just hanging about in goals with Valdes having a beer and a smoke.

I would say Messi has, near enough, a free role. Obviously he has certain instructions before he goes out, but he actually pops up everywhere - the left, right, through the middle and even in centre-mid. The amazing thing is when Barca attack, he barely ever bursts a gut to keep up with the game - instead he just doddles around and the ball always seems to come to him.