Weir, Wallace And Ness

Al Jolson

didn't weir play the early part of his career at RB?

I'd rather have a half fit Davie Weir than Broadfoot.

I too would have Weir over Broadfoot at centre back any day of the week... but you can't tell me you'd play davie weir at right back now, Im davie weirs biggest fan, he's up there with Gough for me, thats how highly i rate the man, but he's too slow to play right back and would offer no attacking threat. He did start his early career at right back tho if i remember correctly.

I was thinking... Goian is the new hero of our fans right.... but how come no one complains about his lack of pace? Davie Weirs been criticised a lot these last few years for being old and having no pace... but in all honesty... I think he might be quicker than goian! I also still believe that as a defender and on pure defensive ability.... Davie Weir is still the best Centre Back in scottish football!

Can only presume Ally bought all these Centre backs because he was preparing for european football and maybe playing a back 5, with Bartley, Weir, Perry, Goian and Bocanegra we have a lot of strong competition for 2 places. You can almost guarantee Perry is going to miss out & Bartleys currently injured.. when Bartleys back though I think he'll take perrys place on the bench.

I still think positionally Bocanegra's a little bit off, couple of time's he's played people onside and its cost us a few goals.. although he is growing in my estimation and I think he's capable of doing a job for us in the SPL

I reckon both Wallace and Papac will start tomorrow, Wallace at left midfield maybe?

Mcgregor

Whit

Goian

Boca

Papac

Davis

Edu

Ness

Wallace

Laff

Jela

Thats what I think Mccoist will play, maybe he'll bring Ortiz in instead of Ness and I guess he could stick with Wylde, but I wouldn't expect our team to be too different to the team that played dunfermline.

bedoya deserves a shot on the right.

I would be tempted if he's fit enough to play ness and move Davis right.

No chance! We need to make sure he is 100% fit before he starts a game. This boy has the most potential i've seen in one of our youth players since barry ferguson. He can be a first choice for us for years - not if he's injured though. He's made of glass, we need to be very careful with him. Genuine world class ability. Cant wait to see him in 2 years time.

It's a great problem to have, for me when Ness is fit he should partner Davis in the middle of the park although I do think edu has been effective of late. Big davie should not get a sniff tonight if I'm being honest, he has been a terrific servant but his time as a first pick is over hopefully!