Gregg Wylde Is Not Good Enough For Rangers

GOAT

IMO he is a pool player, can't believe he got man of the match yesterday at Ibrox. He keeps over hitting balls that he puts into the box, in saying that if I played with a player who over hit I would have someone wide in that area to knock it back in. But hey ho what do I know.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's certainly determined and persistent enough. Genius is 99% perspiration after all. He's getting good experience right now. But he might drop out later on in the season. We have a lot of options in the midfield. Maybe McCoist will decide against having out and out winger at some point.

• 3 months later...

It's a few months later...thankfully he doesn't play as much now but does anyone want to change their mind and agree he is just an awful footballer?

No, in fact I would go as far to suggest that the lack of Wylde and his pace in the squad has led us to go onto a poor run of form.

Well no. The facts show we are arguably better with him in the team.

Since he started getting dropped from the St Johnstone game (19th November) we have only won 5 out of 10 games.

Now of course Naismiths injury plays a big aprt in this as well but I think losing both their running, energy and directness has affected us.

He was tricky when he first came on the scene but full backs can read him like a book now. Knock ball past opposition > run fast > cut onto left foot > over hit cross.

I'm sure there is more to come from Greig but I think he would beneift from a loan move next season.

Up against a full back who can match him for pace, or someone who can read the game well, he's hopeless.

I think hes actually got a decent cross on him though, although he seems unable to do it while running.

Definitely needs to add more trickery to his game though, far too predictable.

I like him...would rather Wallace at left back and Wylde left mid instead of Sasa and Wallace.

Fair enough he isn't as tricky as we hoped he would be but he's a better option on the wing than Broadfoot,Whittaker and papac,who have all been played there.