Where were you

rossger

on helicopter sunday? Watching the dvd just now. I wasn't lucky enough to be at the game, I watched it in the pub wi my dad and brothers. Still smile like hell when i remember my brother jumping up and down shouting "it's 1 - 1" when he heard the score on his pocket radio. I day i can hardly remember but will never forget.

WATP!

I was in my room listening to the radio with my Mum :lol:

It went to 1-1 and we were going nuts, then it shouted 2-1 and my Mum went "SHIT!" :lol: she though it was Celtic who scored.

Ahhh the good old days.

I was listening to Radio Clyde, Peter martin et al, as i was woodstaining my barbeque, then I was running up and down the garden going mental, with my St Mirren supporting Neighbour laughing at me, did I care did I feck.

With my Dad who was drunk before the match started, in the Glen Lusset. Went to Ibrox later for the party. Superb.

Apart from the arseholes who spoiled the parade of the trophies on the pitch

I was listening to the Gers game then once it went to 1-1 with Motherwell i was listening to that. My neighbour was a Celtic daft bassa and he was far from happy with the noise :pipeguy:

I was listening to the Gers game then once it went to 1-1 with Motherwell i was listening to that. My neighbour was a Celtic daft bassa and he was far from happy with the noise :pipeguy:

My neighbours a sellick fan aswell, he wasn't happy wi the rangers scarf hanging from his washing line the next morning :lol:

I woke up on the kitchen floor the next day wi a bag of chips beside me, still don't remember being in a chippy :D

i was watching the celtic game on setanta and listening to the ranges game on RC, what a feeling, i then took the wife and kids and drove into ibrox where we all got in the stadium, what an atmosphere.

My neighbours a sellick fan aswell, he wasn't happy wi the rangers scarf hanging from his washing line the next morning :lol:

I woke up on the kitchen floor the next day wi a bag of chips beside me, still don't remember being in a chippy :D

Notice i sayed was he has since moved :lol:

Was in a pub with my dad, half Rangers half Celtic, three Rangers fans come screaming from the Celtic end of the pub shouting and screaming, we all went mental

Still never realised it was 2-1 until about 3 hrs later :D

Unfortunately i had an exam the very next morning so i had to go home and study while my Dad (the jammy git) stayed in the pub for the rest of the night

Was in a pub with my dad, half Rangers half Celtic, three Rangers fans come screaming from the Celtic end of the pub shouting and screaming, we all went mental

Still never realised it was 2-1 until about 3 hrs later :D

Unfortunately i had an exam the very next morning so i had to go home and study while my Dad (the jammy git) stayed in the pub for the rest of the night

I had work the next day. suppose to start at 9 but went in at 1 stinking of drink only to discover all the cetic fans(3 of them) had taken the day off. I only went in so i could rub it in.

Watched it in the Segton pub in Coatbridge.

Chris Sutton had scored for THEM in the first half and I'd resigned myself to the fact Celtic were going to win the title.

Nacho Novo scored at Easter Road and that perked me up a bit and I thought it was just a matter of time until the final whistle at both games..........THEN a guy sitting in front of me got a call on his mobile and his mate said that Motherwell had equalised., not long after Setanta showed the equalising goal..............THEN the second one went in and the place went f###ing ballistic, we knew Rangers were going to win the league no matter what happened......THEN the final whistle went. What an unbelievable day it was.

Just to top things off Liverpool won the Champions League in one of the greatest European finals ever a matter of 3 days later.....what a week that was for me! championee

I bet everyone has a smile on there face when they're typing in where they were :D

Celtic can win the league against Killie or what have you but they will NEVER equal Helicopter Sunday, Dunfermilne or May '99

WATP

I bet everyone has a smile on there face when they're typing in where they were :D

Celtic can win the league against Killie or what have you but they will NEVER equal Helicopter Sunday, Dunfermilne or May '99

WATP

Couldn't agree more (tu)

I was in the spare room in my last house. I was on the computer and had the radio playing the rangers game.

I was just reaching for the radio to switch it off, when they switched games with the big news that scott mcdonald had scored i went mental, then as I calmed enough to listen he scored again ahhhh what a day

Never a truer word was said Ross.

Every bear/ bearette has his or her Helicopter Sunday story.

Me?

I had a bath before the game and was on the computer, just wearing my dressing gown, listening to Radio Scotland.

Then I heard the roar from the Rangers fans, knew what had happened, got dressed, Rangers jersey of course and was in the Farmer's Arms (don't worry it's a pub) for the second.

I thought it was a replay of the first <cr>

Only question was do I carry on drinking or head for the 'Brox?

Me?

I had a bath before the game and was on the computer, just wearing my dressing gown, listening to Radio Scotland.

Then I heard the roar from the Rangers fans, knew what had happened, got dressed, Rangers jersey of course and was in the Farmer's Arms (don't worry it's a pub) for the second.

Did you end up doing both? :lol:

I was in England channel hopping on Setanta between the Gers and celtic.....I went mental when Motherwell equalised.....and got even worse when they scored the winner....thankfully I was byself so no one saw me

Me?

Naw I'd have been driving to Ibrox, so I stayed and got bevvied.

And had a sing song.

The other story I love about Helicopter Sunday is from a mate in Toronto.

A couple of dhims wearing the green and grey turned up in a Rangers pub over there a few days later.

My mate told them it's a Rangers pub so they couldn't wear their shite in it.

'Aw naw, we've just gone thoosans o' miles to get away fae youse'.

''Well keep fucking going.....'

Me?

Naw I'd have been driving to Ibrox, so I stayed and got bevvied.

And had a sing song.

The other story I love about Helicopter Sunday is from a mate in Toronto.

A couple of dhims wearing the green and grey turned up in a Rangers pub over there a few days later.

My mate told them it's a Rangers pub so they couldn't wear their shite in it.

'Aw naw, we've just gone thoosans o' miles to get away fae youse'.

''Well keep fucking going.....'

:lol: good stuff