Greig And Mcclelland Resign

trueblue68

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not too despondent about this.

Think it's better to have a fresh regime inside Ibrox with new ideas rather than a continuation of jobs for the boys. Wouldn't be surprised if Whyte has taken a few months to work out exactly what peoples job description is in Ibrox and how they earn their money and has acted accordingly.

Would be interested in finding out who is still there from the old regime, wonder if Sandy Jardine will be next?

RANGERS legend John Greig and John McClelland have resigned as directors of Rangers.

The duo made the announcement this morning.

The news was confirmed in a statement released to the Press Association which claimed they have been isolated following Craig Whyte's takeover of the Ibrox club in May.

"These resignations have been communicated by letter to the chairman, Craig Whyte," read the statement.

"They result from John McClelland and John Greig both being of the opinion that since the change of ownership they have been excluded from participating in corporate governance at the club.

"Therefore they have decided not to continue in their positions as non-executive directors."

Virtually the same wording McIntyre used, so I guess that'll be followed by legal action and more headlines about frozen assets.

Some Rangers men eh ?

I'm hoping it's Whyte clearing the old guard out and not them resigning because he plans to put us into administration.

Virtually the same wording McIntyre used, so I guess that'll be followed by legal action and more headlines about frozen assets.

Some Rangers men eh ?

I'm hoping it's Whyte clearing the old guard out and not them resigning because he plans to put us into administration.

They were non executive directors unlike Bain and McIntyre. They will simply resign their posts and that will be it.

Some Rangers men eh ?

Damning people before they have even done anything, some rangers man you are eh ?

They are non executive directors, if paid at all it will be probably be a nominal sum.

Regardless of their merits, why wouldn't people be alarmed by this news? We've previously seen the problems which can be caused by an owner surrounding himself with his own people and removing anybody who dares speak out.

These two have removed themselves, have they not? :unsure:

this is not good news, can't believe people would brush this off so easily.

No idea what would drive the greatest ever Ranger out of Ibrox. This regime worrys me and has done from the start.

A few years ago I watched JG in Spain being totally disrespectful to a few young Rangers fans and ignoring them as they sought autographs. It happened more than once. Had he not been who he was, I would have expected the father to beat the fuck out of him, as that was what he deserved. He wasn't pulling his weight and lost any respect I ever had for him.

BTW, he was sitting on a couch in the lobby at the time, so it wasn't like he busy working for Rangers and so couldn't spend the time. He didn't do it because he was a lazy miserable prick. Had it been my son I would have booted him in the face.