The Tax Man Is Coming

TheNuts

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh*

He hasn't broken promises.

Those who are over-fearful will drive themselves off their nut. How do you think you losing sleep is going to affect the tax case?

We could go over old ground again, but if you believe we are in the same or a better position than what we were led to believe by Craig Whyte, i am truly shocked.

Remember, these faux pas. (and yes they are inferred quotes before you ask for links)

June "I will invest £5m per year in the playing squad"

September "People are stupid if they think we can continue to spend £5m in the playing squad"

June "Here, have loads more wages as this will appease the fans"

September "People are stupid if they think we can keep paying increased wages"

I fear that the club will soon be visited by the taxman. Is anyone else feeling that this is right round the corner?

Quite possibility the most publicised event in our recent history - the tax-case hearing scheduled for November - and you want to suggest it might be a surprise and ‘right around the corner’?

:lol:

FFS!

We could go over old ground again, but if you believe we are in the same or a better position than what we were led to believe by Craig Whyte, i am truly shocked.

Where in my post did I say that? :unsure:

Remember, these faux pas. (and yes they are inferred quotes before you ask for links)

June "I will invest £5m per year in the playing squad"

September "People are stupid if they think we can continue to spend £5m in the playing squad"

June "Here, have loads more wages as this will appease the fans"

September "People are stupid if they think we can keep paying increased wages"

Talking of going over old ground, you're going to attempt to hold him to task on what you infer from his quotes.......

Where in my post did I say that? :unsure:

Talking of going over old ground, you're going to attempt to hold him to task on what you infer from his quotes.......

There is no other interpretation of his quotes. They are just not as summarized as I put them.

Invest in playing squad

Front end if necessary

Get our best players on better contracts

3 headlines that were constantly sounded.

If Rangers win the tax case, what will the tims ever find to talk about. They have become obsessed by it to deflect from their own problems which are about to engulf them.

How much time have they spent creating web sites and slapping each others backs posting about our demise. They have new theories and exclusives every 5 mins.

I really think they'll go into meltdown altogether if we win. They know they can't match us on the playing field, so HMRC are their only hope of getting anywhere.

If my business owed the taxman money and I couldn't pay it all in one go, but could offer evidence of being a viable profitable business with assets then I would get an installment plan...that is a fact.

What I have struggled to get my head around is why Rangers would be any different?!

If my business owed the taxman money and I couldn't pay it all in one go, but could offer evidence of being a viable profitable business with assets then I would get an installment plan...that is a fact.

What I have struggled to get my head around is why Rangers would be any different?!

This (tu) Great question. It seems so certain, if we lose the case its straight into admin, why does that need to be the case?

Not if it gets to this stage, that scenario would have come up ages ago to pay in installments.

Not if it gets to this stage, that scenario would have come up ages ago to pay in installments.

But its not in HMRC's best interests to force a viable business into administration. They would get their historic debts but run the risk of losing millions of £'s a year in tax if the business went under. I say the business because I mean in general terms as there is absolutely no chance (and I will bet anyone any amount of money) of Rangers going under. If I lose the bet i'll pay you up though :crabflute:

This (tu) Great question. It seems so certain, if we lose the case its straight into admin, why does that need to be the case?

Craig Whytes business history is making money from going into admin. Then saying ok , we are fucked we can only pay you guys 20p in the £ (eg) or zilch.

Ibrox hoe much is it worth, well first of all the main stand is listed so problems there if anything other than keeping it as football stadium.

Murray Park is that owned by the club? or still under the control of one of Murrays companies?

Craig Whyte will have spent as much time looking at the club when buying it , with the view to what happens if I lose the case and administration the pros and cons for doing so.

But its not in HMRC's best interests to force a viable business into administration. They would get their historic debts but run the risk of losing millions of £'s a year in tax if the business went under. I say the business because I mean in general terms as there is absolutely no chance (and I will bet anyone any amount of money) of Rangers going under. If I lose the bet i'll pay you up though :crabflute:

Mate they will do what they want to , They can walk into this court and say btw the figure is now £60m . Have seen them at work.

Rangers are a case file on someones desk and at meetings his bosses are on at him, right what's happening, what can we expect from this case.

And if you look over god knows how many years now , how many of them have shown a taxable profit.

Businessmen in the post have bought a loss making business to offset taxable profits.