Best Keeper Of The Last 25 Years

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who's been our best keeper from the last 25 years?

• Chris Woods 86-91
    • Andy Goram 91-98
    • Stefan Klos 98-07
    • Allan McGregor 98-present

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I made a thread similar to this not long ago and the opinions were very split there.

The Goalie for me though, was/is the best keeper of the past 25 years and I'd even go as far as saying he is quite possibly the best British born keeper in the past 25 years, only Seaman to rival IMO.

Geez that has got to be the hardest poll I've taken part in. All world class goalies and thankfully had the pleasure of watching them all. Can't even put them into any order as I keep changing my mind so will abstain from voting on this one.

DD

Its not a fair poll. A lot of folk on here wouldn't have seen Chris Woods play. I've went for Woods, because he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. A better all round Keeper, and his knees weren't made of Glass.

Stats as follows,

Chris Woods - 262 Apps/129 Clean Sheets

Andy Goram - 286 Apps/115 Clean Sheets

Stefan Klos - 318 Apps/115 Clean Sheets

Allan McGregor - 285 Apps/134 Clean Sheets

P.s these include all apperances including friendlies ect.

Stats as follows,

Amazing stats for McGregor, didn't expect that tbh. In fairness though, had Klos been up against this tim team instead of the one he did face he'd probably have about 200 clean sheets! Legend :praise:

Stats as follows,

Klos actually kept 149 clean sheets in his 298 competitive games, i dont know where you are getting these stats but they are wrong. i put a lot of research into goalkeepers who had played a significant number of games for rangers over the course of our history and not one keeper kept more clean sheets than stefan. der goalie kept clean sheets in just under 50% of his games

I've got to give it to Goram - unbelievavle keeper. Klos was not far behind though and the fact he left the Bundesliga as a Dortmund contract rebel to join Rangers made me love him from day one. Roberts had a ropey first 10 minutes to his career but was sensational for the next 60! Wee Charbonnier was a class act too... All brilliant in their own ways, but there's only one 'Goalie'...