*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

Having a bit of trouble and wonder if anyone could help me out.

I downloaded the demo months ago for this game and had gone as far as I could with Rangers and also had a different Arsenal game set up. Got FM for Christmas and after I sorted it all out it says I have no games to load?

Anyone know what I can do to find my Rangers or Arsenal games?

Check your C:\Users\<Yourusername>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012 Demo\games folder for demo saves and then copy them to your full game games folder...C:\Users\<yourusername>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\games

Started mines with Napoli.

Can't seem to get any kind of league form going. Always win 1 and then draw 1 :anguish: Didn't help when my first 4 games were Roma, AC, Juve then Inter ! Managed to go unbeaten and take 6 points and still unbeaten.

CL group is Man United, Benfica and Basel. Took 9 from 9 which is not too shabby :D still to visit Lisbon and Manchester but should be safe with a home win against Basel.

Only made 2 signings with a few fringe players outgoing. Palombo from Sampdoria and Shaquiri (sp) from Basel.

Put out the CL in the first knockout stage of Madrid 6-1 on aggregate :anguish:

Beat 2-1 in extra-time off AC Milan in the cup :anguish:

On the plus side I won the league on the last day of the season :beer1:

Dreading the summer bids for Lavezzi, Cavani and Hamsik :(

First season completed of FM2012 with Rangers. :21:

Won League Cup and SPL Title but lost the Scottish Cup to Celtic 3-2. I was gutted. :anguish:

Also got Rangers to the quarters of the Champions Cup but was defeated 3-2 by LOSC. I was so close to making the semi finals until Perry gave away a penalty and got sent off. doh

New season budget of £8M and £300k wages with 8000 new seats being built. Rangers are flourishing.

Had a busy summer - signed 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and a striker. Striker cost me £30 million and he's already fell out with me because I changed his squad status from key player to first team :lol:

Won the first silverware of the campaign against AC Milan. 3-0 in the Super Cup.

The game frustrates me a bit just now. The club have progressed, results wise over the three seasons I've been in charge. Europa semi's in Season 1, Won the Europa League after dropping out of the CL Group stages in season 2 and got to the CL Quarters in season 3 yet, the players available are pretty poor. The Leagues reputation rose to 3 stars for one season then dropped back down to 2.5.

It's been a very frustrating, though successful few years for me. Steven Fletcher and Kevin de Bruyne are the superstars of my team, really. Fletcher is different class, absolute snip at 3m at the end of my first year.

Emre Can is just on the edge of hitting a real purple patch, while Jamie Ness is a really good player for me.

Have a few youngsters coming through while I continue to sell off here and there and maintain a good profit over the course of the summer so I can spend money if the right player becomes available.

in my 3rd season with motherwell surprised i didnt get the sack in my 2nd said i was goin for a title challenge and finished 6th but goin good just now got knocked out europe by aek athens after a 5-2 aggregate win over feyenoord kenny miller with 3 of them hes scored 8 in 4 games so far surprised i still got jamie murphy signed mcfadden back on a free at the start signed cavenaghi on a free at the end of the 1st season dont know how i got him and managed to get sturridge for this season with 19 grand wages but as soon as i signed him 3 players had match highest earners clauses so might end up bankrupting them will probs try sell murphy in january hopefully get 4-5 mil for him balance the books a bit

The game frustrates me a bit just now. The club have progressed, results wise over the three seasons I've been in charge. Europa semi's in Season 1, Won the Europa League after dropping out of the CL Group stages in season 2 and got to the CL Quarters in season 3 yet, the players available are pretty poor. The Leagues reputation rose to 3 stars for one season then dropped back down to 2.5.

It's been a very frustrating, though successful few years for me. Steven Fletcher and Kevin de Bruyne are the superstars of my team, really. Fletcher is different class, absolute snip at 3m at the end of my first year.

Emre Can is just on the edge of hitting a real purple patch, while Jamie Ness is a really good player for me.

Have a few youngsters coming through while I continue to sell off here and there and maintain a good profit over the course of the summer so I can spend money if the right player becomes available.

did u pick the belgian league to get de bruyne was trying to find him wasnt there even though database is at large

Won my first 6 games in the league without conceding :drool:

CL group this year is Porto, Dynamo Kiev and Steua. Drew 2-2 away to Dynamo and beat Steua 3-0 at home so far.

Managed to sweet talk my striker into being pals again :D he's fairly banging in the goals aswell.

Had never actually started a season with Rangers on this one, so loaded one up. Predictably, it's going well in the league. Won all bar a 1-1 draw with St Johnstone, including a 5-1 win at Motherwell, a 2-1 in the Old Firm game and a 6-2 win at East End Park. Only kept one clean sheet in the league all season though, seem to be letting in shitty consolation goals in near enough every game I play. Very frustrating. Squad has been hit badly by injuries, meaning I have been playing Naismith on his own up front, or partnered by Healy. Naisy had only scored one all season before the Pars game, before he and Healy got two each. Ortiz and Fleck are actually my star players just now, with Ortiz getting the winner against Celtic. Lafferty made his first appearance of the season against Celtic, scoring the 1st, and Jelavic has been out for a month.

Cracking result in Europe as well:

28hoo4h.png

Drew 1-1 with Trabzonspor at Ibrox previously, who beat Barcelona in their European game. Us and the Turks top on four each. :D

Also, Bayern fair went to town on Manchester City...

if72tx.png

Beaten 2-0 in the Nou Camp, but very annoyed with the defeat. The goals came from a Naismith back pass which was picked up by Villa, and then a Villa cross from 40 yards that looped over the keeper. What exactly are you supposed to do when you're conceding goals like that? McGregor was stopping everything that Barca threw at him as well.

Think I'll have to sell Jelavic in the summer. Came back after a month out, grabbed a couple of goals, and is now out for three months. Looking at a mass clearout in the summer hopefully- Jelavic, Alexander is all but gone, Broadfoot handed in a transfer request, as did Kerkar, don't like Lafferty or Whittaker. Then there's the likes of Healy and Bendiksen who will be leaving at the end of the year. Hoping I can get a bit of money in January for Papac. Might even sell Goian as well, too slow for my liking. Bartley has been by far the better of the two.

So will be looking for at least another two strikers, a quick and clever centre back, a right back and a new left back to fight with Wallace.

First season with rangers, I won the scotish cup, SPL and the Europa league, only bought russell off dundee utd.

Sold papac,alexander,broadfoot and Mckay

Board gave me a transfer budget of 10 million for the second season lol

Arne Fredrich is a cracking player and you can get him for free, 4 and a half star defender

Arne Fredrich is a cracking player and you can get him for free, 4 and a half star defender

I had him for Gers, he's great for first season. Never noticed he snuck in a clause of £0 release if a European club comes in for him :disappointment:

Started a season with the Gers. Doing good so far playing a 4-1-2-1-2. Using Boca at left back with bartley and goian in the middle Goians scored 6 from headers already!

Got Murphy, loaned sean davis and macheda(brutal) and darren gibson. got that freidrich aswell but hes got a global ban :anguish:

fleck has bossed the AMC so far!

sitting top of the SPL with them in 5th! :wanker:

got arsenal, lyon and transponapor(sp) in the champs league

best result beat lyon 4-3 away! was 2-0 down at half time as well!

upto november and about to play lyon again hoping for another result!

Started a season with the Gers. Doing good so far playing a 4-1-2-1-2. Using Boca at left back with bartley and goian in the middle Goians scored 6 from headers already!

Got Murphy, loaned sean davis and macheda(brutal) and darren gibson. got that freidrich aswell but hes got a global ban :anguish:

fleck has bossed the AMC so far!

sitting top of the SPL with them in 5th! :wanker:

got arsenal, lyon and transponapor(sp) in the champs league

best result beat lyon 4-3 away! was 2-0 down at half time as well!

upto november and about to play lyon again hoping for another result!

Macheda is a beast! Had him on loan the first season and he scored like 27 goals, so I bought him for 4M and he is at it again this season!

Walter taken over at West Ham. :crabflute:

Going into the final Champions League group game at home to Shakhtar, needing a point to drop into the Europe League. Obviously they're going to run us ragged. Europe's been a bit of a joke actually:

1-1 Trabzonspor at Ibrox. Last minute Naismith penalty to equalise.

3-1 in Ukraine was a cracking result.

2-0 away to Barca- two ridiculous, flukey goals.

2-0 at home to Barca- McCulloch mistake...

1-0 defeat in Turkey- awful, awful Bartley OG.

EDIT- 1-0 against Shakhtar, Davis header. Absolute onslaught towards the end, hit the post and McGregor saving a number of times. Still in Europe, and 14 clear of the Manky Mob before Christmas.

Second season with Rangers and everything is going brilliant this season as per :sherlock:

14 (12W 1D and 1L) games in and I've only conceded 9 goals and scored 36, a full 12 more than the next team. Scored 4 goals in 4 consecutive matches near the start of the season and won 3-1 3 times in a row recently and I went 9 matches without conceding at one point until I got beat 2-1 away against Bayern Munich.

Great chance of going through in the Champions League but the group is extremely tight. Bayern are top on 10 points and me and Porto are locked on 9 points apiece while Fenerbache only have a solitary point. 1 game remaining in the group which is at home against Bayern while Porto play Fenerbache at home. Pumped Fenerbache 3-0 at home in the first game, although I will admit they had a man sent off. Narrow loss to Bayern away and then a repeat of the first game this time against Porto who I beat 4-0 (another man sent off). Lost 2-1 to Porto in the return game after going in front. Amazing win away against Fenerbache after being 2-1 down at half-time I won 3-2 thanks to 2 goals in 2 minutes. Here's hoping I can go through but I'm at least guaranteed the Europa League.

Got Danny Wilson on loan from Liverpool and he is an absolute goal machine! He's been on a hattrick twice this season. Got Leigh Griffiths on loan as well and he's got 9 in the league. This will probably Jelavic's last season at Rangers but he's really giving it his all, not scored as many goals as Griffiths but he is definitely impressing so I'm expecting bids for him in January.

There have been some ridiculous scorelines in Europe:

Bayern 8-1 Man City

Dortmund 2-7 Arsenal (Walcott getting four...)

And now Inter put 8 in at Rosenborg.

Should have made it through my group. Bartley. :(

Porto in the Europa, and then either Sevilla or Celtic if I somehow make it through.