*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

Did something a wee bit unprofessional and cheeky but couldn't care less.

Last game of the season I had won the league long ago and was 22 points clear of Hibs. I was playing St Mirren away who were a point ahead of Celtic and currently in the final European spot but Celtic had struggling 6th place Aberdeen at home.

So I played a weak team of reserves, unhappy guys and guys leaving the club in the next few weeks kind of hoping I lose narrowly, if I had won fair enough didn't really matter but if I lost then no Europe for Celtic...

They beat me 1-0 and this is how the table looks at the end :uk:

ra24cl.png

Oh and btw my Argentian newgen I have mentioned a few times scored over 60 goals this season and is top scorer in the champions league also. Love the guy :clap:

Ive fucked up big time with Liverpool, was 8 clear of City and Utd at one point with about 10 games left. Now im 1 ahead of city and 4 ahead of Arsenal and Utd with 3 games left. Chelsea away next :anguish:

I was going into at home to Sunderland, if i won then id be 4 clear of City with 3 games left, lost 2-1. Was fucking raging!

To be continued..

Peterhead's meteoric rise in Scottish Football continued with a 9th place finish in their maiden voyage into the SPL. We finished 3 ahead of Hearts, 6 ahead of St Mirren and a massive 16 points clear of Kilmarnock, who suffered relegation for the first time in their history.

At the other end of the table, Celtic finished 1st for the second season running, Hibernian climbed into the Champions league alongside them with Rangers and Motherwell sneaking into the Europa League places. It was a fantastic end to the season for Rangers who were, at one point, propping up the top 6. I've a sneaky feeling McCoist will be for the chop soon, much like St Mirren manager Roy Keane, who was sacked 2 days ago (I rejected the post).

So now there's massive improvements underway. My wage budget was the lowest in the league, a massive £8k a week, whilst St Johnstone boasted a 28k a week wage budget. The quality of my players isn't under scrutiny, just the strength in depth. I signed Shaun Maloney in January from Motherwell for a massive £2.5k and he went on to score a hattrick against St Mirren as well as Goal of the Season against Aberdeen, so he was a worthwhile outlay.

Joe McKee will return from his loan to Accrington Stanley hoping to cement his place in the team after a falling out with the management last season for being a little prick and refusing to play like a normal person.

Season 15/16 will be an interesting one, as will the preseason when there's sure to be speculation over my job. I'm hopeful I'll be able to see this one out, but if Rangers come calling I think I'll find it too hard to turn down.

Beat Chelsea comfortably at the Bridge 3-0, two penalties from Kuyt! And Man City got beat 1-0 off Newcastle!

Now got Norwich at home, who are in free fall and sitting bottom of the league already relegated with only 6 wins on the board. 3 points and the league title is back at Anfield to equal the Mancs record of 19. :pipe:

In 3 of my last 4 games with Sunderland Ive been leading in the 91st minute and not won any of them, struggling to believe how realistic that is

It's believable if you've been playing the tims.

Right started a season with Rangers, any tips on who I should try and buy/loan?

I bought Sidney Sam from Germany for about 3 million, he rattled in 30 odd goals and I sold him for 7.5 million at the end of the season. Picked up Loic Nestor from France for defence, Loris Karius as back up keeper, Yaya Sanogo and Nigel Hasselbaink for up front and wings.

Two cheap Dutch kids for the U19s worth getting are Ricardo Kishna and Tony Trindade de Vilhena. Train them right and they are worth a pile of cash after about 2 seasons.

You can stroll all domestic competitions with just a few minor adjustments in the first season. Use Jelavic, Fleck, Ness, Wylde and Naismith well and you can cash in on a couple of them at the end of the first season and build a nice squad for Europe the next season.

Ask Whyte to set you up with a parent club and you should get Chelsea or Arsenal for some nice free loans.

Can't be arsed starting the next season with Leverkusen.

Brought in the Korean kid from Hamburg for £7million, Candreva and Tymoschuk (spelling?) on free transfers, Jack Robinson on loan and a Brazilian 17 year old, Adryan, for 900k.

Bored of it already.

This season's been up and down for me tbh. We've gave a good showing of ourselves in every game (bar a 3-0 spanking by the Earls, and a 4-1 cup defeat at the hands of the runaway league leaders, Dundee Utd) but we're just not getting the breaks.

We were doing well at Tynecastle, going to snatch a point with ten men, Hearts get a last minute penalty.

Doing great against St mirren in Paisley, St Mirren get a last minute penalty.

I've yet to get a penalty in the SPL. Two seasons, no penalties - it's a joke.

I managed to sign Ryan Flynn as backup winger, Mrisho Ngassa was injured for two months in the middle of August, and so far he's been decent enough. My two centrehalves Othmane Fdaouch and Daniel Zuiverloon are amazing, they'll go on to big things. Lee Colligan was handed the captains armband - a move that was always likely, seeing as he's the longest serving player at the club - much to the dismay of Melvin Fleur who threw a hissy fit for 2 months.

I've also been offered the Jamaica job, which I accepted. There are some fantastic players with dual nationality who were eligible for Jamaica (Daniel Sturridge, Kyle Bartley, Junior Hoilett) but they just won't play! Daniel Sturridge, like most, has England as his declared nation - no chance he plays for fucking Koln - and Kyle Bartley gets angry any time I try to talk to him. I'm planning on getting their national status higher - we've a good enough team to be within the top 50 nations - and see what happens afterwards. Cameroon are 1 in the world, what the actual fuck?!

On the Rangers front:

They're doing shite. Coisty sold Naismith off to Villa for 5.3 million, despite him being the best player and with a value of £6million. I'm honestly wondering to myself if finishing higher than Rangers isn't a reasonable expectation of my £500 a week stars...

I managed to get Macheda on loan from United and Signed a Cypriot guy called Konstantinos Makridis who is pretty decent.

Currently top of the league after 9 games, scoring 21 and conceding just 4. Top scorer in the league is Macheda with 6 in 9 while Jelavic has 5 in 8.

Biggest achievement so far for me has been in the Champions League, I was drawn with Chelsa, CSKA and Genk. In the first game with CSKA I managed a 1-1 draw away from home which I was very pleased with. The next game saw Genk visit Ibrox, on the back of a 1 - 0 defeat to the tims :anguish: I was't expecting much, however I won the game 4 - 1 with Goian :praise: scoring a double! Now a double-header with Chelsea awaits who currently sit level on 4 points with myself.

I brought a club with Burghausen for highest transfer fee received of £1k :lol:

Although in the summer window i broke it twice, sold my keep for £180k and sold a defender who arrived in Jan on a free managed 5 games due to injury and i got £850k for him :sherlock: