Bbc Protest

kplfishtank

Why are you so opposed to it, do you fundamentally disagree with the fact that the BBC show distain towards Rangers at best or is it that you simply think the protest wont achieve anything?

I suspect it is more to do with his own snobbery and belief that he is above the majority of the support.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect it is more to do with his own snobbery and belief that he is above the majority of the support.

I genuinely cannot see why people would be opposed to supporting fans of the same team attempting to do something and make a stand. If someone doesnt want to attend i have no problem with that, but almost belittling it is unnecessary. What Vanguard Bears (as always) with the significant support of most other 'branches' of the Rangers support is doing is very commendable.

I genuinely cannot see why people would be opposed to supporting fans of the same team attempting to do something and make a stand. If someone doesnt want to attend i have no problem with that, but almost belittling it is unnecessary. What Vanguard Bears (as always) with the significant support of most other 'branches' of the Rangers support is doing is very commendable.

I was opposed to it until the hatchet job last week. I didn't think it would achieve anything plus I don't think the BBC are biased against Rangers (and I still don't). The production values and the way they handle big stories is lamentable though.

Why are you so opposed to it, do you fundamentally disagree with the fact that the BBC show distain towards Rangers at best or is it that you simply think the protest wont achieve anything?

I fundementally disagree that the BBC is institutionally biased - all the supposed 'facts' do NOT lead me to that conclusion. I see neither motivation nor need for the BBC to have a stance against Rangers and a few editorial errors are just that - bad judgement or errors of judgement.

The Craig Whyte program was pretty tough on him, and the criminality allegations stupid (and someone at the BBC and the Inslovency Service WILL carry the can for that) but I dont buy into this crap that there is some sort of BBC/SNP/Celtic alliance against Rangers and dont buy into all that paranoia.

I also think it will achieve nothing.

Well I am a Latte Drinking, Biscotti type of fan who is comfortable with a prawn sandwich for lunch. - but I don't think that makes me snobby! :sherlock:

I fundementally disagree that the BBC is institutionally biased - all the supposed 'facts' do NOT lead me to that conclusion. I see neither motivation nor need for the BBC to have a stance against Rangers and a few editorial errors are just that - bad judgement or errors of judgement.

The Craig Whyte program was pretty tough on him, and the criminality allegations stupid (and someone at the BBC and the Inslovency Service WILL carry the can for that) but I dont buy into this crap that there is some sort of BBC/SNP/Celtic alliance against Rangers and dont buy into all that paranoia.

Here's a different approach then. If there is no agenda and we are all paranoid fantasists then perhaps you can give me your opinion as to why the BBC have not thus far commissioned any hard hitting documentaries in to the following subjects.

Sectarianism and Nepotism at GCC.

The Mosson Affair.

The Purcell Affair.

Neil Lennon, IRA leaders and property deals.

Roman Catholic Church in Scotland (Winning,Conti,Devine,O'Brien et al) covering up alleged child abuse in Scotland.

So is doctoring and interview with another interview a bad judgement or an error of judgement as you mention above? Why then did they apologise and why is this non-bigot still in a job. Or was it just a jolly jape.

Like you mention the stupid comments they made re White, and you will have a long long wait for anyone at the bbc to be pulled up for that. As in the past no one has been done, for jolly japes as you seem to think they are.

There again you are a follower of that wee fat keech , who sees , hears and speaks no evil uk.gif

Lastly prawn sandwiches show a distinct lack of class.

If we keep on running, they'll keep on chasing us. The petition would have been binned and ignored. No more allowing the media to attack us without reply. DiRect action is the way forward for most Bears.

I didnt say instead of a manned protest, I said as the focal point of the protest. I dont know how many of the BBC bigwigs would be in attendance at their desk on a Saturday lunchtime, so the protest is just as easily ignored. Sending a copy of the petition to London to stress the depth of feeling along with a list of the examples of bias to prove our point could not be ignored, even if the BBC Scotland team could and probably would ignore it.

So is doctoring and interview with another interview a bad judgement or an error of judgement as you mention above? Why then did they apologise and why is this non-bigot still in a job. Or was it just a jolly jape.

Like you mention the stupid comments they made re White, and you will have a long long wait for anyone at the bbc to be pulled up for that. As in the past no one has been done, for jolly japes as you seem to think they are.

There again you are a follower of that wee fat keech , who sees , hears and speaks no evil uk.gif

Lastly prawn sandwiches show a distinct lack of class.

1. The editor of the McCoist Interview should be sacked. No question:

2. Whyte will purse the BBC on the criminality point - it wont be internal pressure - if he doesn't that opens a whole new thought prcess on why not?

3. Non of the BBC mistakes, errors or downright stupidity in their presentation leads me to conlude that there is an "agenda" That is a conclusion of the paranoid!

4. I want Nicola Sturgeon's to have my babies and Alex Salmond to be my lover.

Lastly Prawn Cocktail lacks class - Prawn Sandwiches are Class!

Here's a different approach then. If there is no agenda and we are all paranoid fantasists then perhaps you can give me your opinion as to why the BBC have not thus far commissioned any hard hitting documentaries in to the following subjects.

Sectarianism and Nepotism at GCC.

The Mosson Affair.

The Purcell Affair.

Neil Lennon, IRA leaders and property deals.

Roman Catholic Church in Scotland (Winning,Conti,Devine,O'Brien et al) covering up alleged child abuse in Scotland.

3 of the 5 have been done, if not in documentary form definitely in long news articles - first I have even heard of the Neil Lennon one and the first one again smacks of paranoia.

3 of the 5 have been done, if not in documentary form definitely in long news articles - first I have even heard of the Neil Lennon one and the first one again smacks of paranoia.

Have they?

What was the outcome and which ones were done.

And the first one smacks of paranoia. On what basis given your knowledge of the GCC is it paranoia

Institutionally biased may be the wrong description.

However, I am certain there is a significant enough number of biased employees within the organisation to skew BBC Scotland`s output.