Bbc Protest

kplfishtank

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. The song is not offensive. Neither is TBB in my opinion.

What Is the significance of the song in a protest against the bbc though? Seriously, why not sing songs against the organisation we arc protesting against?

Even though only you seems to be mentioning this song, would the "significance" of it be, as simple as...

a shitload of bears half an hour before kick off getting into the mood?

As an aside, i have seen anti-BBC songs on youtube, theink they probably COULD be classed as offensive, so, am glad that didnt happen

Maybe if you had spent some time reading my posts in this thread you'd have realised that I did attend the protest.

Stagecoach all the way fae Mauchline tae Glezga and then the tube followed by taxi.

And don't try tae blame yer ignorance on the fact yer fae auchinleck (Taliban)

Fair dues if you did attend the demo, but you really shouldn't have used your opening post to say the demo was a waste of time it wasn't. Aye it would have been great to see more there but it did get its points across as they say out of small acorns huge oak trees grow this is just the start, oh and btw you should've used the train got a free hurrle due to the ticketman's non-apperance.

Poor turnout it has to be said.

Probably because the majority still need a bit more convincing.

The evidence just wasnt good enough for me.

I take it you didn't go. So how would you know what kind of turn out was there. Weird post indeed.

Poor turnout it has to be said.

Probably because the majority still need a bit more convincing.

The evidence just wasnt good enough for me.

Poor turnout in the context of what? I'd have said 300, probably more if you count the amount of GOOD bears who came and went over the course of the afternoon (Bolton Loyal stayed for an hour and 15 mins), Walsall Loyal also made the effort and got their lads there, whilst folk who only live round the corner decided to stay in the bookies or the boozer.

What's the point of mentioning the protest in a negative way for those who attended when loads of people couldn't even be bothered to get off their arses

Fair dues if you did attend the demo, but you really shouldn't have used your opening post to say the demo was a waste of time it wasn't. Aye it would have been great to see more there but it did get its points across as they say out of small acorns huge oak trees grow this is just the start, oh and btw you should've used the train got a free hurrle due to the ticketman's non-apperance.

That's the point mate. Nobody actually knows just how many people were there. I'd imagine it would have been quite a few over the 2 and a half hours.

Trust you tae get a freebie oan the train - how much did ye pay somebody tae mug the ticket inspector? :disappointment:

Booler i have no problems with people voicing opinions but it was the manner in which you posted it that pissed me and many others off.

My post could be read as being overly critical mate, but I can assure ye that's not how it was meant to be. I just feel that had a register been set up, we would then know exactly how many people had actually supported the protest. This could then be used to "push" others into attending any future protests.

Don't be pissed off..................................................(tu)

Poor turnout in the context of what? I'd have said 300, probably more if you count the amount of GOOD bears who came and went over the course of the afternoon (Bolton Loyal stayed for an hour and 15 mins), Walsall Loyal also made the effort and got their lads there, whilst folk who only live round the corner decided to stay in the bookies or the boozer.

What's the point of mentioning the protest in a negative way for those who attended when loads of people couldn't even be bothered to get off their arses

I made the protest, the pub, and the bookies. :crabflute:

So let me get this straight.......

Any Bear who didnt turn up is not a "Good" Bear in your opinion?

Interesting.

Because i've read the posts on here. Around 200-300 is a poor turnout.

Nothing weird about it, lol.

Yet the guys that where there and organised it say it was a success. Stick with what you know.

Interesting.

Lots of fans could not make it, but we do not moan about the amount of people who did give their time to attend. Everyone of the deserve great credit and we should be proud of everyone of them.

On behalf of VB admin I would like to thank each and everyone of you who attentd or supported the protest.

We were humbled by the turnout and behaviour of the troops on the ground and the police had no issues with us.

I liased several times with them during the event to ensure we weren't straying into any dodgy terriotry and the only issue they had was---------our swearing in "feck th bbc" :D and the headhoncho stated he wouldn't be lifting anyone for that.

Thanks again

The Rangers support are new at taking this kind of action if you think abou it whilst the bheasts summon a protest at any given chance as it gives the unemployable wretches the chance to feel important, and due to that fact i'm very impressed and proud of today's events. As a support we will learn and grow.

NO SURRENDER

Very true! Dignified silence gets you nowhere, much like inaction. If you want to affect change, you actually have to do something about it, you might not be successful, but, you at least have a chance. unlike moaning about things on a message board, where, nothing will change

Interesting.

Oh dear, you are one of those? 2+2 = 23 right?

Or, to put it another way, just think you are clever and want to create an argument?

Lets take internet slang? He emphasized good, there fore, the ones who showed up made an effort. Did some extra that they wouldnt normally have.

Much like TBO and UB at games, you know? They make the extra effort to make an atmosphere.

Yet the guys that where there and organised it say it was a success. Stick with what you know.

I know that there's easily over a million bluenoses in the country and around 44k were on their way to the game...

And yet, this big 'agenda' the world's biggest television network has against us, who make us pay an outrageously over-priced license fee by law giving us all the more reason to dislike them and at the very least demand fairness.... But only 200-300?.

Something doesnt add up, thats what i know.

It justified my opinion that the majority arent fully convinced. The Beeb have their own agenda.. and thats to sensationalise any news story they can get their hands on due to the competition from other news outlets.

That said, i fully respect the opinon of everyone who attended.

Lots of fans could not make it, but we do not moan about the amount of people who did give their time to attend. Everyone of the deserve great credit and we should be proud of everyone of them.

Fair play.

Just a bit annoyed with the assuumptions (from others) that we should all believe in this because we support the same team and the doubters are somehow less of a Bear.

Fair play.

Just a bit annoyed with the assuumptions (from others) that we should all believe in this because we support the same team and the doubters are somehow less of a Bear.

If others disagree and don't want to attend then we've no issue with that and respect their opinion, maybe we can still convince them. It certainly doesn't make them less of a bear and being honest I've got more of an issue with people who agree with us and could attend but chose not too. I don't mean bears who were working, prior arrangements etc just the ones who moan then thought "ach I can't be bothered"

Good for them. If you've got something to say, spit it out and save me your cryptic shite.

I made my point quite simply, I asked a five year old if there was anything he didn't or couldn't understand, he said no. So which bit would you like explained?

I made my point quite simply, I asked a five year old if there was anything he didn't or couldn't understand, he said no. So which bit would you like explained?

Three things.

Who told you?

What did they have to say about me?

Why don't they say it to me by themself?

See how you get on with that.

The protest, in my opinion, was a waste of time. How many people attended? Where was the facility for supporters of the club to register their attendance? How many rangers fans passed through? Is singing Build My Gallows High really a protest against the bbc?

What would the purpose of a register of attendees be?