Alan Hutton

Al Jolson

Certainly not the player he was with us. Thought he was great when he went on loan to Sunderland though. Spurs fans never really gave him a chance, and neither did 'Arry. Was pleased for him when he finally got his move but he has been rather shit at Villa.

I liked Alan Hutton and really wanted him to succeed at Spurs.

But the truth is he simply wasn't good enough.

We've now got Kyle Walker instead and although the lad is far from the finished article just yet, I think he'll prove to be a fantastic player and the regular right back for Spurs & England for many years to come.

Hutton has not performed consistently as good as he did for us, however I do think many on here are going OTT about him lately.

Still think he is a very good player and if he gets over his injury concerns will be a fantastic signing for Aston Villa.

I'd love Hutton back at Rangers.

Possible leg breakers considered great tackles by some?

No wonder Scottish Football is so behind the times.

There's probably more players suffering leg breaks now than before when tackles like Hutton's weren't deemed "dangerous"

I hate if your studs are showing you're sent off, it's ridiculous, sometimes there isn't any other way to slide in

Looked to me as though Long shat out of the 50/50 rather than going in committed which is asking for trouble.

if long never "shat out it" and went in completely he'd most likely be getting pins put in a broken leg today, it was lucky he held back and allowed hutton to follow his leg movement

huttons tackle was a disgrace and should have been a straight red card, shane long should have done the same thing instead of barging him over on the touch line

ex-ger or not hutton was a wee wank yesterday

There's probably more players suffering leg breaks now than before when tackles like Hutton's weren't deemed "dangerous"

I hate if your studs are showing you're sent off, it's ridiculous, sometimes there isn't any other way to slide in

hutton didnt slide in though, both feet off the ground isnt a slide tackle, its dangerous and reckless and if the ref had a better angle of it he'd have been off no question