Billy Sharp

seen this on facebook

footballer Billy Sharp lost his 2 day old son on Saturday and managed to play for Doncaster against Boro tonight. He scored and dedicated his goal to his son. And the Ref had the respect not to give him a booking. It puts football into a whole different perspective.!!!

:rip:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a bit shocking don't you think?

Sad indeed.

Bad taste, sure, but there's been just as bad said on here before.

I'll take a lecture from people who've never told or laughed at a sick joke in their life.

You don't have to like it, but we can either make jokes about everything or nothing at all. I don't think it's for anyone in here to decide what the world can and can't crack jokes at.

Ach well, see yous in the paper tomorrow - 'sick h*n cracks joke about sensitive issue - forces RFC into administration'

Bad taste, sure, but there's been just as bad said on here before.

I'll take a lecture from people who've never told or laughed at a sick joke in their life.

You don't have to like it, but we can either make jokes about everything or nothing at all. I don't think it's for anyone in here to decide what the world can and can't crack jokes at.

Ach well, see yous in the paper tomorrow - 'sick h*n cracks joke about sensitive issue - forces RFC into administration'

No-one has as far as I'm aware, we have merely voiced our displeasure at your ill-humoured 'joke'.

No-one has as far as I'm aware, we have merely voiced our displeasure at your ill-humoured 'joke'.

No problems with that per se, just a few folk getting on high horses that they maybe shouldn't.

Don't think anyone will dispute the point about just as bad comments been posting on here before, does not take away the fact it was pretty low.

Never been into the 'sick' jokes myself, such as the Maddie ones etc Certainly not posted anything sick on here or elsewhere, but that's just my personal view and actions.

As said already the world is allowed to voice their distaste at sick comments, nobody has told you what to post or not to post.

IMO there's a line that should not be crossed when making distasteful remarks and that was one of them. Not going to hold it against you, probably couldn't care less anyway!

It was one of the few jokes I've cracked on here that I did think twice about, but as I've already said, imo with sick jokes it's all or nothing and I chose my camp ages ago.

I'm not slinging mud saying any particular posters have, but plenty on here will have posted or laughed at sick jokes in the past, particularly if they involve the mhopes.

Definitely wouldn't say I couldn't care less, I like it on here and value quite a few posters opinions even if I don't always agree, but the 'line' changes on a poster-by-poster basis and I knew this was going to probably be unpopular. Obviously I didn't judge just how unpopular, but that's my misjudgement.

Fair enough, good to see you value my opinion. :pipe:

Won't be low until your rep is less than mines. :P

Give it ten minutes. It's going down faster than Adele on a chocolate-flavoured condom.

Tragic, happened to my family before I was born as well.

I'm going to hell, really shouldn't laugh at that but couldn't help myself. Maybe too soon though.

Definitely. Boy have you misjudged the mood of the thread. (don't worry I did it too)