Templeton Offered To The Rangers ?

julescotia

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the hard of thinking on here.

Hearts and Hibs have a hatred for each other, a hatred which usually sees both grounds full when they play, indeed Hearts tend to fill their away allocations and sell out Tynecaslte reguarly.

If Hearts go then Hibs will start to struggle (indeed this is the 1st year hibs wont have posted profits in 6 iirc) so that means even with Hearts here Hibs are struggling enough without their rivals gone. You then have Aberdeen who are massively in debt, you have us struggling, Killie are the same.

How people cant see Hearts going as bad for Scottish football is beyond me. I dont like Hearts, well untill they are playing the taigs, but Hearts going would be a terrible day for a leauge that struggles enough without probably the 3rd biggest side folding. Its not rocket science

if hearts went down the tubes it would hurt the spl. theyre arguably the 3rd most supported club in the country. People who think it wouldnt matter need to take their head out the sand.

Exactly. Trips to Tynecastle are great and it's usually a brilliant atmosphere. Take Hearts (the 3rd most supported team) out our league and it is a blow. Anyone who thinks otherwise just isn't thinking.

And to those who want Celtic to go out of business because 'they want it to happen to us', act like a proddy please. If they go bust then there are no more old firm games, what is there to look forward to in a SPL season? Aberdeen away and that's it.

Bit of common sense please lads. If we start taking established teams out, we lose the competitiveness of our league, which results in lower viewing figures, which results in less tv money, which results in less quality and the downward spiral continues...

Celtic fans wanting us and hearts to go out of business really haven't thought this one through.

Scottish football cannot sustain that happening, other clubs won't step up if you remove the biggest and third biggest team from our game. The spl's income streams will be damaged irreparably, sponsorship and TV deals will be thrown in the bin. Sky pay to show 4 old firm games a year, don't for a second believe it's for anything else.

I don't think for one second either club will go out of business but celtic fans, and those who think like them, should be careful what you wish for.....

Celtic fans wanting us and hearts to go out of business really haven't thought this one through.

Scottish football cannot sustain that happening, other clubs won't step up if you remove the biggest and third biggest team from our game. The spl's income streams will be damaged irreparably, sponsorship and TV deals will be thrown in the bin. Sky pay to show 4 old firm games a year, don't for a second believe it's for anything else.

I don't think for one second either club will go out of business but celtic fans, and those who think like them, should be careful what you wish for.....

Not often I agree with you!

On the last point, Hearts are in a far far more precarious position than we are, if anyone DID go pop, it would more than likely be them. We will not, I can say with some degree of certainty :)

Every club in the SPL is one of scotlands biggest clubs, I don't really think it would have a massive effect. Dundee were fighting in the same position as hearts and they were gone without a whimper.

Like I said mate, you just don't see the big picture. Hearts bring far more to the SPL than most teams outwith the Old Firm, to say that if they went under it wouldn't have a detrimental effect to Scottish football is ludicrous.