Shagger

FirrhillLoyal

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al-Habsi and a 40 year old Friedel? Having a laugh. I'll give you Cech and Reina though. I'd say McGregor is slightly better than Schwarzer.

Al-Habsi is a brilliant goalkeeper. Deserves to be playing behind much better players than he has been recently.

Friedel has been arguably the best keeper in the Premier League for the last 10 years, alongside one or two others. I say arguably.

Certainly better than Cech who you agree is also better than Greegs.

Schwarzer is another very under rated keeper.

On a few occasions I've made it clear many people over-hype Alan on this site, however I don't think those 4 are better and certainly wouldn't swap any for McGregor.

Given is one of the most overrated goalkeepers in Britain. Not even fully convinced Hart is better, another who is over-hyped.

You are guilty of that yourself on this occassion too. (tu)

Given is a class act. Vital to club and country.

Hart, i certainly agree with and maybe the only one i named who Greegs is possibly equal to if not better.

Opinions are great, eh. Stimulate so much debate.

re SWSL's list.

McGregor is as good as or slightly better - due to his age and experience - than Hart as far as I'm concerned.

Reina, Cech and Friedel are better, I'll agree.

Al-Habsi doh

It's hard to believe Man Utd spent all that money on De Gea, when they could have had McGregor for far, far less.

Shagger, a very good keeper who came through the youth set up, loves the team, No transfer fee,Scottish and loyal..

If he wanted to chase a big wage he could have, and what price his replacement ?..

In the current climate be thankful we have him, what if he did a cruciate ?

Could we afford to replace him ?

Without him we have no 4iAR

No offence but that's utter nonsense!

One thing I certainly don't do is overrate players in the SPL, unless you have evidence to suggest otherwise!?

You act wax lyrical towards Fleck and McKay without any real justification, Alan at least has shown class at the highest level. McGregor is not world class, he's a very good goalkeeper who could play in the bigger leagues. He's not one of the best in the world, but I stand by that I don't think most of those named are superior. That certainly does not over-hype Alan! - It does actually.

Yeah, sure....heres one from earlier in thsi thread.

Given

Schwarzer

Freidel

Al Habsi

On a few occasions I've made it clear many people over-hype Alan on this site, however I don't think those 4 are better and certainly wouldn't swap any for McGregor.

We'll agree to disagree when it comes to big Greegs, but in no way is he overhyped?! We just believe he should be praised when he does a good job(which is a majority of the time) if that comes across as 'overhyped' sorry, but it's not.

Yeah, sure....heres one from earlier in thsi thread.

Given

Schwarzer

Freidel

Al Habsi

why wouldnt rangers fans talk up our players?

But does it matter?

Far better to talk up than talk down surely?

Nope, the over reaction on here to a differnt opinion is the usual predicted pish one has to put up with on here.

I dont recall talking him down, maybe thats where the confusion lies. Twice i have said he is very good. Not sure how that is talking him down.

(tu)

But how can you adjudge what is common sense when it is opinion?

For instance, I'm an England fan and David Beckham is England's most capped player. I believe him to be overrated in the extreme. I don't see how you can determine the rights and wrongs of that statement.

One thing I do know is that when you watch a player week in week out it provokes strong opinions. But that is all they are.