Time for fans to wake up and

Very true. Hopefully, more of us will have our sensible heads on after today's shite is out of our mind. There is a worry though that our form has dipped pretty badly. As you say, we were always gonna have a tough period, just hoping we don't settle in this malaise for too long. If Celtic lose at Dundee United next weekend and we beat Dunfermline at home, we'll have everyone telling us how shit Celtic are and how the title is wrapped up. It's just the Old Firm way unfortunately

Your right, it is part of the OF way. Just like the OF games, but can you really see them dropping points at Tannadice next weekend?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is a manager not judged by his results ? and as a new manager who has just lost his first game in the league, the panic, the player hatred and the OTT reaction by many on here is shocking.

Start of the season 4 competitions.knocked out of the CL , dropped in EL ...knocked out...........League Cup...............Knocked out. In the SPL build up a healthy lead and playing shall we say not to clever football.

Throw our main rivals a 5pt lifeline over the last week. That to me would suggest that he has tough decisions to make.

Backline....I have been happy with them

Midfield has been shocking all season and I had actually started a topic re Lee McCulloch not to slag the guy, but to ask Ally , does he not see that the guy has lost it re fitness/stamina for our midfield.. Steve Davis has been a passenger and should be rested, again in another post someone mentioned that his body language could suggest that he may have set his eyes on pastures new. And I posted if that is the case and Ally knows this, then I am afraid to say poor show Ally for playing him in his current form. And why allow one player to take practically every free kick and corner when it is painfully obvious that he is not producing the goods for these set pieces.

Edu, there has never been a comment from me in any post slating this guy. But again if he is off form should be rested.

Ally is not a rookie has been involved at the coal face for a number of years now. And his exploits as a player should carry no weight re his decisions as manager.

Are you personally happy with his brand of football?

Throw our main rivals a 5pt lifeline over the last week. That to me would suggest that he has tough decisions to make.

Ally is not a rookie has been involved at the coal face for a number of years now. And his exploits as a player should carry no weight re his decisions as manager.

Are you personally happy with his brand of football?

(Cut down the post to answer these bits.

To me how a manager acts in adversity is what he should be judged on - how he takes a team forward after a difficult spell. Ally had a horendous start: whether his fault, Whtyes fault, SDM or the Daily Records fault he had a tough start based on European results and a home draw to Hearts - but he turned the team round and went on this great SPL run that has led us to be 4 points in front after 16 games - and after the bad start that shows Ally has some abilities. We are now going through another wee bad spell (a draw and a defeat - as Walter said "never more than 2 games from a crisis at Rangers") but this 'crisis' :rolleyes: has been exaggerated as they won their games during this spell and won their game in hand.

I agree Ally has tough decisions to make - and I would suggest some of his toughest decisions and to stick with players who he knows can do better (Davis and Edu in particular) despite the critisism he will take in doing so (unless they perform). We (and Ally) know we can do better but I am not sure wholesale changes are the way forward - we have enough injury enforced changes to deal with never mind making it harder for ourself.

Am I happy with his brand of football - in general yes I am. I think he is more positive in his formations and outlook than Walter, I think he uses subs well and early if needed and has ensured we are difficult to beat at the back. He has brought in some decent buys (Goian, Bocanegra, Wallace all look decent - although the jury is still out on Ortiz, McKay and Bedoya but they look good editions to the squad) he has allowed a number of the young guys to get a game and he won his first OF game and we are 4 points in front after 16 games so on reflection I am happy with Ally as manager!

(and in a slightly patronising note - thanks for talking football :blush: )

(Cut down the post to answer these bits.

To me how a manager acts in adversity is what he should be judged on - how he takes a team forward after a difficult spell. Ally had a horendous start: whether his fault, Whtyes fault, SDM or the Daily Records fault he had a tough start based on European results and a home draw to Hearts - but he turned the team round and went on this great SPL run that has led us to be 4 points in front after 16 games - and after the bad start that shows Ally has some abilities. We are now going through another wee bad spell (a draw and a defeat - as Walter said "never more than 2 games from a crisis at Rangers") but this 'crisis' :rolleyes: has been exaggerated as they won their games during this spell and won their game in hand.

I agree Ally has tough decisions to make - and I would suggest some of his toughest decisions and to stick with players who he knows can do better (Davis and Edu in particular) despite the critisism he will take in doing so (unless they perform). We (and Ally) know we can do better but I am not sure wholesale changes are the way forward - we have enough injury enforced changes to deal with never mind making it harder for ourself.

Am I happy with his brand of football - in general yes I am. I think he is more positive in his formations and outlook than Walter, I think he uses subs well and early if needed and has ensured we are difficult to beat at the back. He has brought in some decent buys (Goian, Bocanegra, Wallace all look decent - although the jury is still out on Ortiz, McKay and Bedoya but they look good editions to the squad) he has allowed a number of the young guys to get a game and he won his first OF game and we are 4 points in front after 16 games so on reflection I am happy with Ally as manager!

(and in a slightly patronising note - thanks for talking football :blush: )

Well no need to talk about that we fat keech he has fucked this region well and truly.happy.gif

The main thing is I am unhappy as to the football on offer and sorry manager gets it for that, he lays out the tactics if players do not adhere to his wishes they are out.

The allowed young guys , had been actually forced on him, Do not think for one moment we would have seen any of them in the 1st team otherwise. We have the young Norwegian everyone has nothing but positive vibes for et he goes out and brings in a guy , who was without a club.

And Andy Shinnie he allowed to walk away, and this boy has a future very good at linking midfield to forward line. Never given a chance , watch him as he gains strength from playing regular first team football. I don't believe we have a player on our books to offer what this guy will prove to ahve.

Well no need to talk about that we fat keech he has fucked this region well and truly.happy.gif

The main thing is I am unhappy as to the football on offer and sorry manager gets it for that, he lays out the tactics if players do not adhere to his wishes they are out.

The allowed young guys , had been actually forced on him, Do not think for one moment we would have seen any of them in the 1st team otherwise. We have the young Norwegian everyone has nothing but positive vibes for et he goes out and brings in a guy , who was without a club.

And Andy Shinnie he allowed to walk away, and this boy has a future very good at linking midfield to forward line. Never given a chance , watch him as he gains strength from playing regular first team football. I don't believe we have a player on our books to offer what this guy will prove to ahve.

.. and are you unhappy that we are 4 points clear at the top - or does the manager get NO credit for that ? Are you really just another one of the panic merchants that wants to chop and change at every set back ?

Also (on shinnie) he may well develop with a run of first teams - but that is difficult to do at Rangers - look at some of the shit being thrown Hemmings way after he weekend and at Fleck! Its also slightly ironic that you would allow young players a run in the team to develop (and I assume you would accept bad results if we were doing that while we develop?) but you dont seem willing to give the manager the same time and consideration to develop ? As I said some of Ally's toughest decisions may be in sticking with players who are off form and coaxing them back to good performance levels!

.. and are you unhappy that we are 4 points clear at the top - or does the manager get NO credit for that ? Are you really just another one of the panic merchants that wants to chop and change at every set back ?

Also (on shinnie) he may well develop with a run of first teams - but that is difficult to do at Rangers - look at some of the shit being thrown Hemmings way after he weekend and at Fleck! Its also slightly ironic that you would allow young players a run in the team to develop (and I assume you would accept bad results if we were doing that while we develop?) but you dont seem willing to give the manager the same time and consideration to develop ? As I said some of Ally's toughest decisions may be in sticking with players who are off form and coaxing them back to good performance levels!

Well done Ally yeah for Ally. But what a fuckin balls up over the last few games dropping 7 points and no never included the bigots game against Dunfermline as nothing to do with us

So I have praised Ally for the 4 point lead at the top of the table...you happy now.

Well done Ally yeah for Ally. But what a fuckin balls up over the last few games dropping 7 points and no never included the bigots game against Dunfermline as nothing to do with us

So I have praised Ally for the 4 point lead at the top of the table...you happy now.

Yep! :beer1:

We were always going to have bad results. I'm pretty sure that we managed 37 out of 39 points between the Hearts and St. Johntone draws which has gone largely unnoticed because of the last 2 results.

General Question for those demanding Super's head.

Is this going to be a regular occurrence every time we drop any points?

Ally should get the season, he deserves it, even if Ally wins the lg? i would rather we brought in someone else with fresh ideas. TBH mate, Allys football is painful to watch and i don't think it will change.

Are you happy with the football thats on display? Allys fear of losing and playing Jig and Edu together will be his downfall.

We were always going to have bad results. I'm pretty sure that we managed 37 out of 39 points between the Hearts and St. Johntone draws which has gone largely unnoticed because of the last 2 results.

Need to add St Mirren to them.I just don't like his choice of certain players no matter how bad they are playing and as mentioned before do not find the football attractive.

He has (yes he is the manager gets the plaudits so he should take the flak) squandered an extremely healthy position, by poor choice of team selection and negative attitude.

4 points only worth shouting about when I game of the season remaining.

Ally should get the season, he deserves it, even if Ally wins the lg? i would rather we brought in someone else with fresh ideas. TBH mate, Allys football is painful to watch and i don't think it will change.

Are you happy with the football thats on display? Allys fear of losing and playing Jig and Edu together will be his downfall.

Am I happy with the football that's on display? Not overly, no but I'm not gonna be shouting for McCoist's head every single time we don't win a game.

Need to add St Mirren to them.I just don't like his choice of certain players no matter how bad they are playing and as mentioned before do not find the football attractive.

He has (yes he is the manager gets the plaudits so he should take the flak) squandered an extremely healthy position, by poor choice of team selection and negative attitude.

4 points only worth shouting about when I game of the season remaining.

I didn't include the Hearts and St. Johnstone games, so it did include St. Mirren :P

Would you have taken a 4 point lead at this stage after the Hearts game?

How is he a taig? because he can see the bigger picture. Rangers may be top of a piss poor lg. But Rangers play piss poor football and will continue to do so under Ally. When Rangers win against mediocre opposition they're brilliant but they're not really.

I say wake up and smell the coffee because Rangers are poor under McCoist and i cant see it getting any better.

Just watching Charlie Adam now and Walter and Ally couldn't see a player in this boy. they choose to play him out of position just like many players do at Rangers now.

Fuckin Hell. Some people on here are fuckin beyond stupid. See the bigger picture? There's a knee jerk reaction after every dropped point, the guys a troll.

Over the last few weeks we have fucked up to a total of 7 points lost.

We have aye, 2 draws and a defeat in the last 6 games which has led to total meltdown amongst some fans.

Listen to the phone ins tonight, I guarantee there will be bears on raising the white flag. It's mental really.

Any Rangers fan wo uses the words SCAIF or SCIAF to describe our manager is a disgrace.

Admin sort this fucking bollox out you have banned better members than this fucking blowhard. He brings fuck all to the site other than pointless threads, negative vibes and pathetic point scoring shite. Rid the site of the cunt FFS

Well said.