BBC Scotland has learned the SFA are investigating...

rangersxfc

If Craig Whyte didn't know just how hated and despised Rangers FC is in this bigoted little shithole he sure as hell does now

See#36 Al Capone's answer to me.Surely Vanguard Bears can do something with this info especially my Twitter mate WilhelmVB.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just read the relevant parts of the SFA's Articles of Association ("Articles") and the Company Directors' Disqualification Act 1986 ("CDDA86"). Here's a summary.

Whyte, along with every office bearer of every club, will have had to confirm personally to the SFA using their prescribed form that "he is a fit and proper person to hold such position". So the onus was on Whyte to make that confirmation.

The SFA have a responsibility to satisfy themselves that "any such person is fit and proper to hold such position". Part of that responsibility will be covered by prescribing the form and considering its contents, but their responsibility is wider than just that - they need to duly consider all relevant facts in their possession and knowledge, however it was obtained.

It is important to note that the existence of one relevant fact is not necessarily sufficient to fail the "fit and proper" test; it is within the SFA's discretion whether someone passes the test. It would be a brave or stupid governing body that, in 2011, took in isolation a disqualification from 2000 which had been spent four years ago. I suggest that the Human Rights Act would prevail over the Articles if this is the only contentious issue.

An illustrative, non exhaustive list is then given in the Articles of 11 facts which might be relevant to the SFA's decision. The important one for us here is listed as (g) "he has been disqualified as a director pursuant to the CDDA86 within the previous five years".

The question is: what does "he has been disqualified as a director" mean? Does that refer to the time when the disqualification was made, or to the disqualification period? The Articles do not define this further, so there is at least an arguable case for either interpretation.

So does the CDDA86 help us to interpret the Articles? Not really. Section 1(1) of the Act states that "a court may ... make ... a disqualification order". Section 1(2) refers to a "period of disqualification". Clearly one or other of these could be used to back up whichever interpretation of the Articles you wanted to argue i.e. five years refers to the date of disqualification or five years refers to the end of the period of disqualification.

Obviously our separately brethren will try to argue one way. But my point is this, the Articles are not clear and are open to interpretation. In that event, Whyte cannot be found to fail the "fit and proper" test. After all, we saw last year what the outcome must be where the SFA's rules are ambiguous and open to interpretation. So in a sense we are thankful for Liewell and McBride's efforts in that regard for getting Whyte off the hook on this one!

The SFA will defer a decision until the end of the season.

Which will be five years from the end of Whyte's disqualification.

Slap on the wrist, end of story.

Still don't trust him, though. He's turned the club into a soap opera with all the off-field legal shite.

We could do with some real Rangers men on the board.

And a new Financial Director to ensure bills get paid on time and not on the steps of a court.

I will be mate, just gets annoying when it is on the news and then every non Rangers fan talks to you like they know the ins and outs, just annoys me.

I keep yo your advice as often as possible (tu)

They'd fucking do that anyway, almost every club's fans in Scotland would rather talk about our problems than their own team.

So true mate, don't get me wrong i brush it off, i love supporting the team everyone wishes they were but sometimes i just can't be fucked to hear it.

I just usually ask them when the last time their team won the top flight was. That shuts most cunts up.

On another BBC Scotland side note, story about a fan getting fined for taking a firework into a ground. You have to dig to the ninth para to find out he's a tim. I can't help feel if he was one of us, it'd be mentioned further up the story.

Probably just paranoid but still.

Apparently the SFA have known about this for weeks, it was picked up by the BBC today because of last nights statement. The SFA want nothing to do with it and have no stomach for a fight with Whyte which would have no 'winner'. It is not in the SFAs interest to pick fights with member clubs, particularly powerful popular ones. That's why Regan's statement is so ambiguous.

I just usually ask them when the last time their team won the top flight was. That shuts most cunts up.

On another BBC Scotland side note, story about a fan getting fined for taking a firework into a ground. You have to dig to the ninth para to find out he's a tim. I can't help feel if he was one of us, it'd be mentioned further up the story.

Probably just paranoid but still.

I noticed this as well and couldnt help but have the same though you did.

If rangers don't receive any gate money from away ties then how do people feel about not attending them. We are all obviously hacked off with all the off field crap but fans of other teams are loving it. Would they love it as much with no Rangers revenue ?

If rangers don't receive any gate money from away ties then how do people feel about not attending them. We are all obviously hacked off with all the off field crap but fans of other teams are loving it. Would they love it as much with no Rangers revenue ?

follow follow and loyal. what do those words mean to you? to me its attending as many games as i can watching the team.

So so tired of all of this .

Really can't get my head round it why would the SFA want to take us on?

Even though its infested surely they must see more attacks can only damaged scottish football in the long run and in turn harm their horrible little septic club...

I would hazard a guess it just a formality after Whyte's recent statement but the BBC won't be able to hide the glee muck racking as per.

Oh The Rangers are dying, Rangers are dead

Again!

Fuck them all for we are the people.

We will never die.

No surrender

It's actually starting to get quite funny in a sick way, I mean fuck the lot of them, we'll stick together and by doing so we will be far to powerful for any of these dickheads to break.

In the end we will be far stronger as a club, so when all of this is over, there will be no stopping us. THAT will really piss of these so called "people".

(tu)

We "Glasgow Rangers Football Club" could not give a flying fuck about this or any other dirt digging you or any other snide little bheast try to construe upon our great club.

we WILL come out of this stronger.

:uk:

Maybe they're wanting Rangers FC tae disclose some information aboot Green Teeth's racist comments in the tunnel?

thinkpositiveloyal.com

Dont be daft mate, how can anyone with connections to them be racist? Nope. No way. Not happening! We're the bigots or did you forget that? Any racist abuse directed at EHD was his fault cos hes the one with black skin!