• Bendiksen
    • Jelavic
    • Lafferty

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good 1st half performance today & we should have had the game won by half time. The 2nd half was poor as we dropped the tempo & this is a clear example of us making life harder for ourselves.

I'm happy with the 3 points & hopefully we will see improved performances in the coming weeks.

It was my sons first game and we won......he likes Edu and liked seeing him today but when we got home he talked about Aluko more.He was sitting in his seat in the Broomloan and was trying to show a woman behind us his knob which was cringeworthy but she was giving him sweeties and i now think he thinks being a sexpest gets you rewards.

need to see it again on tv but i thought it was a good run and finish.

Not much Shagger could do, the scorer did everything right

to me the guy cut in from the right and had a dig that beat the keeper at the near post, strong shot but still too big a gap at the near post imo

I skipped a couple of pages but... Am I the only one who thinks Davis wasn't that bad? It wasn't one of his finest performances, I'll agree there. But apart from a few mis-placed passes, he wasn't "pish", "dreadful" and certainly not worthy of being stripped of captaincy!

Edu and Aluko both played well, Bendiksen great too - he looks confident with the ball at his feet.

Two negatives - Whittaker in defence was very poor, just seems to lose concentration at vital moments. And I don't think Lafferty added that much when he came one (headless chicken routine again unfortunately).

So here's my thinking for next game. Bring young McMillan in at right back (with hopefully Boca and Papac back too). Push Whittaker to Right Mid, play Aluko Left Mid, Davis and Edu in the middle with Jelavic upfront with Bendiksen playing as today - thoughts?

(Oh, on subject of Jelavic - every striker has periods like this; he was in the right position so many times, it'll come good soon.. Frankly he worked his socks off today and with that effort I'm not worried).

Just had a wee read at the match thread, nothing worse than people sitting at home slating Rangers fans at the game. :rolleyes:

In what way are the Rangers fans clueless Amac?

First of all I do quite well when it comes to getting over to the matches. I manage to get over once a month and considering the amount of travelling and money it takes I'd like to think I do alright.

We were 2-1 up and trying to see the game out in the final few minutes and Lafferty and someone else, can't remember who it was, took the ball into the corner to run down the clock and try and earn a throw in or corner and some fans started booing. That's the sensible thing to do rather than push too many forward, lose the ball and get hit on the counter attack. Sometimes common knowledge and realism is needed.

game was shite but was made 10x shiter by the fucking stupid ned with the nasally voice and fake "steve ireland" jacket on that sits behind me in CF4! im sick of you shouting "FUCK SAKE WHITTAKER YA FANNY" every 5 seconds whilst covering every cunt in spit. so if you happen to be reading this please shut the fuck up cos every cunt is sick of the fucking sight of you. maaan that felt good.

I don't agree with the fans sighing and shouting at our players when we're playing possession football, but they pay good money to come and watch their team and have every right to express their opinion on the game.

Thought Aluko was terrific today. Davis was very good in the first half, played some excellent long passes to Jela who was off the boil really in terms of finishing. Second half, Davis wasn't so good and when we reverted to our 4-4-2 our midfield just couldn't get on the ball and move it around the way we did in the first half because we didn't have that extra man in midfield to create the space.

Broadfoot also had a pretty decent game today, glad he's not suffering from any after-effects of the fans abuse of him and his family last week.

First of all I do quite well when it comes to getting over to the matches. I manage to get over once a month and considering the amount of travelling and money it takes I'd like to think I do alright.

We were 2-1 up and trying to see the game out in the final few minutes and Lafferty and someone else, can't remember who it was, took the ball into the corner to run down the clock and try and earn a throw in or corner and some fans started booing. That's the sensible thing to do rather than push too many forward, lose the ball and get hit on the counter attack. Sometimes common knowledge and realism is needed.

Not sure about the booing; certainly there was moaning mainly due to fans remembering the way we dropped 2 points to St Mirren trying to run down the clock and failing to keep possession in the corner.Today for 70 minutes we were able to keep possession in open play for long spells which was a plus.

first of all i dont like reading through 8,9 or 10 pages of match reviews but if anyone is interseted in mine well fine. carry on reading.

lets start with the back-

whitts is not a defender.

kirk done well. yes he did.

middle-

davis is off form

edu was briliant

good change with bendikson and wylde supporting jela.

overall a pacy attacking team.

give me boca and papac and we should be fine :)