Aluko to be hit with a 2 game ban

rangers_1993

Don't read the papers much these days, but no surprise nothing was made of that. Did Ally even mention it in his interview? That's the difference between us and most clubs, we don't point out every decision that goes against us or make a fuss. Saying that maybe it's time we do so, considering we seem to get taken to task more than everyone else.

Dunfermline manager couldn't wait to talk about the penalty decision, it seems, if Aluko gets banned it clearly shows double standards.

and as pointed out earlier by some the SFA decide Aluko should be banned and agree with Mcintyre but they then charge him :lol: madness!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what makes/made football so good. The major talking points. Now like the atmosphere they dilute it further and take away the human error aspect that refs make. Refs are under so much pressure now i dont blame them for getting huge decisions wrong for fear of losing their jobs

I'm not old enough to remember but I daresay the footballers of yesteryear would shake their heads at the wasy things have gone. Yes the referees make a lot of bad calls, yes it is infuriating when it happens to us but a team like Rangers should never need to rely on referee decisions.

You look at the respect referees get in other sports compared to football and the difference is monumental. Whatever happened to the refs decision is final.

Are you for or against the idea of video replays during the match?

In that case it is a sad indictment of the way modern football has gone if penalties are to be awarded for such minimal contact. If they had been awarded it, would you happily say it was a foul? I think not to be honest.

grabbing an ARM is not minimal contact and its not new that its a penalty.

I'm not old enough to remember but I daresay the footballers of yesteryear would shake their heads at the wasy things have gone. Yes the referees make a lot of bad calls, yes it is infuriating when it happens to us but a team like Rangers should never need to rely on referee decisions.

You look at the respect referees get in other sports compared to football and the difference is monumental. Whatever happened to the refs decision is final.

Are you for or against the idea of video replays during the match?

Video replays should only be if the ball crosses the line or not. Imagine every single decision was appealed :disappointment:

We could turn this around and say anywhere on the park its a free kick and nobody would complain?

Yeah, maybe by the letter of the law, but is it? If I was the ref and this happened outwith the boxes I would wave play on. I wonder if the linesman flagged for a penalty as well or if it was only the ref.

Video replays should only be if the ball crosses the line or not. Imagine every single decision was appealed :disappointment:

Exactly, where would it stop. Can't have it unless you had some tennis like 'appeals' system so that every little stupid thing didn't get appealed. Would ruin our game.

I wonder if the SFA would have dared try this if Walter was still our manager? An absolute disgrace - they will not introduce goal line technology to determine whether the ball has crossed the line but video evidence is allowed in cases such as this one. Who now actually referees games these days? I fully agree with John Yorkston, players will claim for shys, bye kicks, free kicks, corners etc. the sole arbiter should be the referee and his match decisions should remain absolute unless the referee deems that he has made a mistake in a sending off situation and recinds the red card! I hope we don't take this lying down.

That doesn't answer my question though.. IMO that is being a bit pedantic now, Look when a high ball is being contested or a corner etc, where do you draw the line.

alouko had the ball at his feet which is very different. but those other ones are penalties as well

alouko had the ball at his feet which is very different. but those other ones are penalties as well

Ah come on, you dont think that! Methinks you are just trying not to lose your argument. It's a contact sport. Contact is allowed, if it is too much contact and enough to bring a player down or impede him, then its a foul. In my view, the contact on Aluko, inside the box, was not enough to bring him down. The contact prior to him etnering the box certainly was. Football, frankly, would become a shit sport if penalties were given anytime there was contact in the box

Ah come on, you dont think that! Methinks you are just trying not to lose your argument. It's a contact sport. Contact is allowed, if it is too much contact and enough to bring a player down or impede him, then its a foul. In my view, the contact on Aluko, inside the box, was not enough to bring him down. The contact prior to him etnering the box certainly was. Football, frankly, would become a shit sport if penalties were given anytime there was contact in the box

contact is allowed reaching out an ARM to stop a player is not.

it was soft no question if it wasn't given I would not care but its still a pen.

I like how a potential yellow card for a dive has turned into a 2 match ban because the referee didnae see it. You can punch someone in the face and get a red card in a match and have a one game suspensions or dive and have it brought up by the SFA and get a 2 match ban, very good, just shows how incompetent the SFA are as an organisation.

Not sure why people keep going on about the 2 game ban as if it's been brought into the game by the SFA. Precedent has been sent before all over the world and it's common knowledge it's a 2 game ban. Would think this is a new rule that the SFA have implemented by some comments.

Adriano banned for 2 games in Italy

Krasic banned for 2 games in Italy

Saulius Mikoliunas banned for 2 games from Uefa

Eduardo originally banned for 2 games from Uefa

Players have been banned for 2 games in Australia!

All of the above was for diving and winning a penalty!!

its a good rule.

Not sure why people keep going on about the 2 game ban as if it's been brought into the game by the SFA. Precedent has been sent before all over the world and it's common knowledge it's a 2 game ban. Would think this is a new rule that the SFA have implemented by some comments.

Adriano banned for 2 games in Italy

Krasic banned for 2 games in Italy

Saulius Mikoliunas banned for 2 games from Uefa

Eduardo originally banned for 2 games from Uefa

Players have been banned for 2 games in Australia!

All of the above was for diving and winning a penalty!!

Think it's more the logic behind it. It's only a 2 game ban rather than a booking because the referee hasn't done his job properly. Seems a bit daft. Would be interesting to note how many dives, where a penalty has been given but then subsequently missed, have been punished. Seb Larsson for example. Surely a need for a consistent rule. If you clearly dive, you get an automatic ban, regardless of the outcome. That's the frustration for me.

If the O'Connor issue from a couple of months back set a precedent, then if Sone Aluko loses his appeal and cops a three-match ban (the original proposed ban plus one extra for it being deemed a "frivolous" appeal), there will be an uproar. One rule for Rangers, one rule for everyone else, and it fucking stinks.

If the O'Connor issue from a couple of months back set a precedent, then if Sone Aluko loses his appeal and cops a three-match ban (the original proposed ban plus one extra for it being deemed a "frivolous" appeal), there will be an uproar. One rule for Rangers, one rule for everyone else, and it fucking stinks.

Wait til Thursday, no point getting excited over nothing. Reckon it will be a reduced to a 1 match ban myself, which is still a bit pish